• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What is his about Five nights at Freddies? Guy has a terrible track record at that series.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Can I just say? I'm starting to really dislike game theory. He's becoming arogant.
I've never been able to watch a full video. The theories can be interesting at times, but it's ruined by the cringe-fest that goes on in between the actual content.

D

Deleted member

I like Game Theory tnh, but that last episode was just... well Scott pretty much sums it up.
Also, happy birthday to Sakurai

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Can I just say? I'm starting to really dislike game theory. He's becoming arogant.
I'd really have to agree, only reason I'm still subsribed to the channel is Gajin Goomba, and most of his theories are kind just bad now. I remember back in some of his earlier videos, back when he connected things in video-games, that could happen in the real world, like the green pipes from Mario or how time gates from Chrono Trigger could exist. Also said he has done good research, but in his Mario is psychotic theory, its obvious he has no understanding of sibling rivalry, which kills his argument that Mario secretly hates Luigi.

Also I saw the cruelest thing while playing Splatoon, someone said Father Squidmass doesn't exist, I feel so bad for all the young Inklings out there. With that said Penguins are still the master race

Starlight_Lily

I'd really have to agree, only reason I'm still subsribed to the channel is Gajin Goomba, and most of his theories are kind just bad now. I remember back in some of his earlier videos, back when he connected things in video-games, that could happen in the real world, like the green pipes from Mario or how time gates from Chrono Trigger could exist. Also said he has done good research, but in his Mario is psychotic theory, its obvious he has no understanding of sibling rivalry, which kills his argument that Mario secretly hates Luigi.

Also I saw the cruelest thing while playing Splatoon, someone said Father Squidmass doesn't exist, I feel so bad for all the young Inklings out there. With that said Penguins are still the master race
In case anyone don't get what I mean by his earlier videos, I mean I preferred it back when he would try to connect video game stuff in real life that show that some things in gaming could exist in real life.

Happy Birthday...

I don't get it.

Edit: Also I just saw the best insult towards the North Pole
South Pole has actual landmass, take that North Pole!

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
In case anyone don't get what I mean by his earlier videos, I mean I preferred it back when he would try to connect video game stuff in real life that show that some things in gaming could exist in real life.

I don't get it.

Edit: Also I just saw the best insult towards the North Pole
South Pole has actual landmass, take that North Pole!
Mashed Potato Sack of Rice

sounds a lot like Masahiro Sakurai

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Well, my half hour of writing went nowhere -_-. I was trying to be creative and bring a subject to you guys. Is it because it's too long? Maybe I should post this on Source gaming if @PushDustIn allows me to...
Also nothing against you guys. I just wanted to express my thoughts, that's all. I'm not blaming any of you. Anyone has the right to read the content they so hopefully desire to. I just thought it would gain a little more attention since it was an interesting topic and not be lost in the sea other ideas.

EDIT:
This also apparently happened...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i've just realized

halo 3: odst is halo: federation force
Except ODST was originally planned to be an expansion and released in a time period were there were 2 recent Halo titles available (3 and Wars) and the series had a new Halo around the corner as seen by the access to Reach's beta.

Really hate that comparison because it solely focuses on the Feds/ODSTs being playable instead of Samus/Chief whilst ignoring other factors which render the comparison silly.

Chrono.

Is it true that using the replay upload feature can result in the video getting instantly blocked?

Starlight_Lily

Except ODST was originally planned to be an expansion and released in a time period were there were 2 recent Halo titles available (3 and Wars) and the series had a new Halo around the corner as seen by the access to Reach's beta.

Really hate that comparison because it solely focuses on the Feds/ODSTs being playable instead of Samus/Chief whilst ignoring other factors which render the comparison silly.
I'd say Federation Force is more like the Luigi's Mansion of Metroid, they're going to try something new, and explore characters they haven't really explored all that much.

Also remember that comparison Reggie made between Wind Waker and Federation Force, I'd say Luigi's Mansion is a better fit since both Luigi's Mansion and Federation Force are doing something new. Plus Luigi's Mansion did get some backlash for not being a platformer

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I played Federation Force at E3

I despised the fact the the whole teams suit would forcibly break down for no reason and other team would take that advantage. My team was winning but lost after that bs, but at least I got a cool Super Mario Maker pin.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, it's Sakurai's bday tomorrow.

Which is technically today since it's the 3rd over there in Japan.
Happy Birthday Sakurai!
So Sakurai as DLC confirmed?
:troll:
well i hope your ready to be dissapointed we wont get anything from the ballot untill it ends
Oh I wouldn't be disappointed I'm fine with anyone as dlc. And I wouldn't count out say a vet being from the ballot before the true ballot characters. This would be easy to do and get fans interested in the ballot again.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion

lol i'm not defending federation force even though i loved odst
i was just saying

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
lol i'm not defending federation force even though i loved odst
i was just saying
I'm not attacking Fed Force either despite my distaste for it. I'm just saying that for me comparing ODST to Fed Force doesn't make sense beyond the lead character(s).

The best part about ODST returns in Halo 5 anyway so I hope Fed Force has a character like that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you guys want to hear another baseless theory of mine? I'm kind of bored right now and figured I would just share my thoughts on a very weird topic that I'm currently thinking about.

You guys remember how we found lines of text in Smash 3DS's ROM that pointed to a DLC shop down the line (which is already here) when the game first came out in Japan? This kind of meant that Nintendo was planning to support the game with DLC at some point (which is the point we are at right now). That means while the game was in development, they tested the DLC Shop right before release and got rid of it from the base game before patching it in again. Making it seem as a late removal from the game.

Now here is where my skeptical side comes into fruition. Why was Nintendo preparing all of these things while the base game was in development? Was it to prepare the game for post-launch content or to hold fighters back as DLC? We already have some clues about this from the ESRB Leak. Mewtwo had a question mark over him in that fighter picture that first appeared when the leaks happened. Mewtwo is currently a DLC character which was revealed in the 50 facts direct which was in October. The ESRB Leaks were in August. Even the people who had the pictures said they were in circulation 2 weeks before. Does this mean around the same time the DLC functionality was put into the game's code, they held back Mewtwo as full fledged DLC to make a profit off of as well as potentially Lucas?

Now on the other hand, you could look at it this way. Nintendo probably asked the team if they could inserts all the DLC assets into the code so that way they could insert it for future DLC down the road as soon as the both games were completed. Around the same time the team caught wind of Mewtwo's popularity and probably tried to add him into the 3DS Version or even the Wii U version after the 3DS version was completed (My Assumption). They most likely didn't have enough development time to insert him into both releases, so they most likely held him off as DLC for those who bought both versions. Then after a while, he probably started developing ones later along with Mewtwo and effectively changed it to paid DLC to help fans who haven't bought both versions.

This was a subject I've been thinking about for a while. Mainly due to the practices companies have been taking with Additional Content lately. I honestly don't think Nintendo would hold back characters as DLC just to make a profit. They really try to pack as much content to a game as they can to make sure it has longevity to it. Plus all their DLC offerings are this way as well! This is just merely two perspectives I was thinking about during my thought process. I thought it would make for a nice subject to debate on as we really don't have any news to go off right now. What do you guys think? Did Nintendo plan DLC in general while the game was in development or did Nintendo plan the actual content the DLC would be while the game was in development? I'm interested to here your guys thoughts on this!

Why do I feel like I'm a journalist? :p
Short Summary: Do you guys think Nintendo held off fighters to sell them as DLC later, or that they just planed DLC in general?
I think it's half and half. I believe that any character who wouldn't be able to make the base game got thrown in last second as DLC but characters such as Ryu were planned as actual dlc for the start.

D

Deleted member

Tfw you're hyped for Federation Force and Mario Maker but fans will eat you alive if you say something good about the game
Fed Force is sometying I've always wanted since Prime 2, a Metroid game focused on the multiplayer and Mario Maker is everything I've ever wanted since SMW
The return of the ****ing cape

Last edited by a moderator:

Khoru

Smash Champion
oh yeah i'm playing final fantasy iv now
this is pretty much my first exposure to it
i mean i know a basic overview of the series but not much specific

Tfw you're hyped for Federation Force and Mario Maker but fans will eat you alive if you say something good about the game
Fed Force is sometying I've always wanted since Prime 2, a Metroid game focused on the multiplayer and Mario Maker is everything I've ever wanted since SMW
The return of the ****ing cape
Im actually moderately excited for Fed force and ive actually wanted a game focusing on the federation for a while.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom