• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
He appeared in some mediocre games near the end of his life cycle, then a few projects were cancelled and the dev team was laid off. Crash was reduced to mobile games and then he died off and faded into obscurity. I'm not holding out hope for a new, good Crash game at all.
Is this better than what happend to Banjo or worse?

Is this better than what happend to Banjo or worse?
Banjo disappeared and then came back another syatem with a game that has essentially ben disowned by the fanbase (as much as i like the game) qnd the series died but is now getting a spiritual sucessor.

Crash went from developer to developer with worse and worse games up until and including some horrible games with mutants.

Personally, i think crash had it worse because he used to be so big but just kept being dragged through thd mud unlike vanjo which wad quick. His name has been tarnished and was disowned by their creators, naughty dog*. i see no succesor in the future either

*citation needed

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I already mentioned this in the tournament thread in the general section.

But it is basically who has dealt the most damage, done the most hits.
Which is why a lot of people are playing very campy and spamming a lot. Yesterday my partner had a match were he got up 170% in his first stock, ko'ed the other player at 70%. On the second stock he had 0% while the other player had around 50% and he lost. Because the other player, who was a Toon Link spamming arrows, got more hits in/dealt more damage.

So the problem is, that this system totally encourages a defensive spamming style. And completely punishes characters that have a hard time dealing with them, or worse, heavy characters that survive long.

It's no wonder you see so many Links and Toon Links in tournament mode.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I thought (and feared). Tournament mode is a joke, hopefully they can fix it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the fakest part of that leak is no character in august. I find that unlikely.

D

Deleted member

His name has been tarnished and was disowned by their creators, naughty dog*.

*citation needed
Yeah, it was Naughty Dog who created Crash under a three-game contract (with Crash Team Racing being a side project) with his actual owner, Universal Interactive, while Sony published and marketed the series. Naughty Dog's desire to work with Sony directly is what made them decide to move on from the Crash series in favor of Jak and Daxter.

On the subject of the aforementioned cancelled games, they actually looked interesting compared to the lackluster games he appeared in beforehand.

Crash Landed
Crash Team Racing (2010)

Chrono.

I actually sorta liked Crash of the Titans. I didn't dare to play Mind over Mutant though.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Any "leak"/news report about their being ballot "results" is childish and idiotic in my eyes.

It's not a contest. It's a suggestion box. They're not gonna reveal any "results" if that's what you even want to call it so that when over half the top voted characters inevitably don't get chosen, they won't give the fans something to whine about.

Imagine if they came on and said "The top 5 characters are Ridley, King K Rool, Banjo Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and Wolf! We'll reveal next week!" Then they choose Wolf. People will moan and cry. They're not gonna do that.

It isn't a survey or a poll. Nothing makes me cringe more than seeing these so called "early results".

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't think we'll get any character in August

I'd love to be wrong though. But it's really sounding more and more likely that the ballot characters are next in line and that won't be for a while.

Any "leak"/news report about their being ballot "results" is childish and idiotic in my eyes.

It's not a contest. It's a suggestion box. They're not gonna reveal any "results" if that's what you even want to call it so that when over half the top voted characters inevitably don't get chosen, they won't give the fans something to whine about.

Imagine if they came on and said "The top 5 characters are Ridley, King K Rool, Banjo Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and Wolf! We'll reveal next week!" Then they choose Wolf. People will moan and cry. They're not gonna do that.

It isn't a survey or a poll. Nothing makes me cringe more than seeing these so called "early results".
Nailed it.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Who did we get last year in terms of reveals?
:4metaknight::4shulk: If my research is right.
Clearly we are getting Krool because of the Meta Knight Mask theory.
And Isaac because more swordsman yay :dazwa:
Making fun of my top two choices. And yes I am joking but we seriously need a new direct.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To me, them revealing a character in August is much more likely due to the possible Direct that may be happening. Now them actually releasing a character in August is vastly different and we'll most likely get more DLC is September.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Just played the "new" old stages! I don't remember being able to grab on the moving platform in the SSB64 version of Peach's Castle. Am I right? You can grab onto its ledge now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just played the "new" old stages! I don't remember being able to grab on the moving platform in the SSB64 version of Peach's Castle. Am I right? You can grab onto its ledge now.
Yeah I believe that wasn't possible in the first game if I recall correctly.

I think they even made a tip about that.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It was pretty much the same thing under a different label.

They showcased some games and their plans for the year via 50-minute stream and called it a day.
No. 50 minute long Direct isn't a Direct. It's a BIG THING.

I guess you can count it but it was VERY early summer.

Also, Mario Maker direct was a direct exclusively for Mario Maker. We haven't had any more than 1 game centric directs this summer.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I can see a Direct not happening for a while due to recent events TBQH

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think they will still do a Direct, but dedicate a good part of it all to remembering Iwata.

Maybe they'll make a 20-minute video after the Direct about Iwata and what he did?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Iwata was quite a memorable part of the Directs if I do say so myself.

The next one certainly won't be the same.....

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm gonna try to play online (see if it works this time) if anyone wants to play with me.

Chrono.

Perhaps a small Smash presentation is a bit more likely but I'm not sure either.

Though in light of recent events they might just keep doing announcements via Twitter for now.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
http://tecchen.tumblr.com/post/125623237003/why-arent-there-any-squidkids-in-my-fire

Impressively enough, it's just fan-art from some 15-year-old girl (at least, I think it's a girl).

However, I do feel bad for her, since she's getting so many compliments she's actually getting physically sick from embarrassment. I hope she feels better.
Her art is fantastic. It looks near spot on it had me fooled at first. I especially love the Shulk one she did.
And this, this Is just so clever that I want it to be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom