• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:4littlemac:This is what I like to see. Like holy cow.
Doc Louis you are a liar. Because Mac is most definitely an air fighter.
Oh look, someone who actually legitimately makes a good Little Mac video instead of using "Little Mac 101" to mock him some more.
Very rare to see Little Mac being respected.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4littlemac:This is what I like to see. Like holy cow.
Doc Louis you are a liar. Because Mac is most definitely an air fighter.
>mfw the D-Throw/D-Tilt into F-air into F-Smash

Oh yes. Aerial Mac are the best Macs. Because people get scared ****less

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I start a new job today. Three month temp role, but it's n a pretty big office. Nerves are kicking in now!

Chrono.

I never cared for Tournament mode too much, but the lack local tourneys is downright bizarre.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I start a new job today. Three month temp role, but it's n a pretty big office. Nerves are kicking in now!
Good Luck Dude :4pacman:

I can't be the only person who agrees with this 100% @Kalimdori great video
I agree with this video 100% as well.
It also made me think of another reason why I need to buy thee black knight costume.

Why I never thought of this before baffles me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
.....I however do think it;s likely :)
When I said unlikely I meant it's unlikely we won't get a character this month, at least imo. As for a direct, I think there will be one this month to show that despite a huge loss they are ready to start fresh and do what they love and make more games for fans just like Iwata would want.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Chrono.

So I went ahead and bought 3D After Burner II.

I'm saving the rest for that 3D Gunstar Heroes port coming out this month.

D

Deleted member

I finally saw Ant Man and it was great.
Can't believe I almost missed the chance to watch this movie because my friends were being assholes.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
When I said unlikely I meant it's unlikely we won't get a character this month, at least imo. As for a direct, I think there will be one this month to show that despite a huge loss they are ready to start fresh and do what they love and make more games for fans just like Iwata would want.
oh you really confused me because you said it was unlikely to NOT get a character....2 negatives = positives so I assumed you meant it was likely to get one :)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Her art is fantastic. It looks near spot on it had me fooled at first. I especially love the Shulk one she did.
And this, this Is just so clever that I want it to be real.
Behold! The power of the splatado!
I'm really inking it!

Chrono.

Oh yeah, it's Sakurai's bday tomorrow.

Which is technically today since it's the 3rd over there in Japan.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
oh you really confused me because you said it was unlikely to NOT get a character....2 negatives = positives so I assumed you meant it was likely to get one :)
sorry about hat. I'm hoping wolf will be this month and a surprise character based on the ballot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Part of me wants to leap forward in time to see what becomes of the SMash DLC. The rest has just got back into Animal Crossing New Leaf and doesn't want to weed the whole thing again.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Happy Birthday Sakurai.

Hope someone doesn't choke him over K. Rool on his own day

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Do you guys want to hear another baseless theory of mine? I'm kind of bored right now and figured I would just share my thoughts on a very weird topic that I'm currently thinking about.

You guys remember how we found lines of text in Smash 3DS's ROM that pointed to a DLC shop down the line (which is already here) when the game first came out in Japan? This kind of meant that Nintendo was planning to support the game with DLC at some point (which is the point we are at right now). That means while the game was in development, they tested the DLC Shop right before release and got rid of it from the base game before patching it in again. Making it seem as a late removal from the game.

Now here is where my skeptical side comes into fruition. Why was Nintendo preparing all of these things while the base game was in development? Was it to prepare the game for post-launch content or to hold fighters back as DLC? We already have some clues about this from the ESRB Leak. Mewtwo had a question mark over him in that fighter picture that first appeared when the leaks happened. Mewtwo is currently a DLC character which was revealed in the 50 facts direct which was in October. The ESRB Leaks were in August. Even the people who had the pictures said they were in circulation 2 weeks before. Does this mean around the same time the DLC functionality was put into the game's code, they held back Mewtwo as full fledged DLC to make a profit off of as well as potentially Lucas?

Now on the other hand, you could look at it this way. Nintendo probably asked the team if they could inserts all the DLC assets into the code so that way they could insert it for future DLC down the road as soon as the both games were completed. Around the same time the team caught wind of Mewtwo's popularity and probably tried to add him into the 3DS Version or even the Wii U version after the 3DS version was completed (My Assumption). They most likely didn't have enough development time to insert him into both releases, so they most likely held him off as DLC for those who bought both versions. Then after a while, he probably started developing ones later along with Mewtwo and effectively changed it to paid DLC to help fans who haven't bought both versions.

This was a subject I've been thinking about for a while. Mainly due to the practices companies have been taking with Additional Content lately. I honestly don't think Nintendo would hold back characters as DLC just to make a profit. They really try to pack as much content to a game as they can to make sure it has longevity to it. Plus all their DLC offerings are this way as well! This is just merely two perspectives I was thinking about during my thought process. I thought it would make for a nice subject to debate on as we really don't have any news to go off right now. What do you guys think? Did Nintendo plan DLC in general while the game was in development or did Nintendo plan the actual content the DLC would be while the game was in development? I'm interested to here your guys thoughts on this!

Why do I feel like I'm a journalist? :p
Short Summary: Do you guys think Nintendo held off fighters to sell them as DLC later, or that they just planed DLC in general?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I just say? I'm starting to really dislike game theory. He's becoming arogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom