• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
These three amiibos should be in the next wave in the Smash Bros. line. :yeahboi:

Then, all we need to do is wait for Frieza to eventually come out and we'll be all set.
:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh yeah i'm playing final fantasy iv now
this is pretty much my first exposure to it
i mean i know a basic overview of the series but not much specific
FFIV? But there's only 3 Final Fantasy games on the SNES :troll:

kylexv

Smash Master
I just found this interesting Smash theory:
This theory suggests that the Smash Bros. games are all in the mind of an autistic child.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
These three amiibos should be in the next wave in the Smash Bros. line. :yeahboi:

Then, all we need to do is wait for Frieza to eventually come out and we'll be all set.
Would probably buy them all.

You say that but I actually want a Waluigi amiibo
The fact we haven't gotten wave two to the Mario Line just baffles me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That video's been around for a while.
I don't really like game theories like this one that over-complicate the games.
I do like vgl jokes however.

For example, here's some paper mario one :)

in pm64, Bombette says to have been imprisoned because she exploded on accident. You break out of the cell by asking bombette to actually explode while she was imprisoned for a while since.

Why she didn't exploded before?

TTYD, use ms Mows ability in the Crotez treasure room, she litterally tells you there;s nothing there while she is supposed to be able to detect treasures by smelling and it the the room where it has arguably the msot amount of treasures int he game :)

Spm, can you try to explain how fleep can go to the bathroom?

SS......everything in the game? :)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You should see the Zelda fanbase trying to overcomplicate the simplest timeline possible then
As a Zelda fan, I am well aware.
I'm going to be completely honest, despite being a big fan of Zelda, I don't give a flying **** about the overarching story of the games. I just play Zelda for the gameplay, the music, and the characters.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You should see the Zelda fanbase trying to overcomplicate the simplest timeline possible then
Believe some of the Zelda fan theories can get pretty stupid, like saying Zelda is actually secretly evil or that the Hylian race are genocidal maniacs...:facepalm:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
A timeline with copious amounts of time travel and parallel universes is anything but simple.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love the Zelda lore, mostly when it's mysterious. That's why Majora's Mask is my favorite in the franchise.

D

Deleted member

As a Zelda fan, I am well aware.
I'm going to be completely honest, despite being a big fan of Zelda, I don't give a flying **** about the overarching story of the games. I just play Zelda for the gameplay, the music, and the characters.
Like how I watched Kill la Kill for the plot
I honestly don't know why I watched it tbh
Believe some of the Zelda fan theories can get pretty stupid, like saying Zelda is actually secretly evil or that the Hylian race are genocidal maniacs...:facepalm:
I actually once saw a theory that said Din and Demise were livers and that Sheik is a totally different person from Zelda
A timeline with copious amounts of time travel and parallel universes is anything but simple.
Keyword: possible
When you make a game franchise without caring about a timeline of events and fans start overthinking, the simplest answer is usually what happened with Zelda's timeline
Now to wait for the official Mario timeline

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I could never get into Zelda. I always got lost in the dungeons and had to use IGN, until I finally gave up. They were all so confusing, but I am, too. The only Zelda game I could understand was Hyrule Warriors, and the other ones I have are Link's Awakening, Wind Waker HD, and ALBW.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I can t be the only person who agrees with this 100% @Kalimdori great video
Obviously I don't agree with all of @Kalimdori's sentiments.
1. @Aeris translated the patch notes update information. They were featured on reddit and the front page of SmashBoards at least. They weren't hard to find, at least 15,000 people viewed them directly on Source Gaming. They were also featured on Nintendo Everything. I do agree 100% that Nintendo should've included the patch notes update information in English.

2. He calls people who believe that costumes are de-confirmation "stupid" and then later says it's a real possibility in his video. Either way, this isn't a good attitude to have in the community. No one is "stupid". There are only people who have different interpretations of the facts. The only people who are "stupid" are the ones that are blatant making up stuff/ ignoring facts when it's convenient for them.

3. Mentions the Ridley debacle. Which is as bright as day evidence that the community takes anything that's ambiguous and runs in the opposite direction. For crying out loud the screen he showed says 'Other boss characters may appear'. That should've been Ridley's death then and there, but people wanted to hold onto false hope and hype. I know retrospect is 20/20, but common.

4. He says Sakurai hates K. Rool. Yeah, because Sakurai also hates Goku. He hated Dedede until sometime in in 2006 as Dedede wasn't in any Smash games until then. There's a lot of stuff that goes into designing and picking the characters for Smash. It's not as simple as "I hate this character. Time not include him". Frankly, that's a very immature way of looking at it, and I hope the community grows out of it. It's more like "This character doesn't work because XYZ". Why wasn't Llyod featured in the game over Pac-Man? Maybe it's because he had a popular game on the Gamecube and we are now on the Wii U. Why is he a costume now? To appease the fans, obviously.

5. Tourney mode complaining. I get this. There's a lot of features not in it that should be. Also, my personal theory is the whole 3 minute timeline for stocks -- it's for replays. It's an awful game design choice as it doesn't reflect how tourneys are played. But then again Smash isn't a fighter. It's classified as "action-based fighter" (or an "opponent based action game" depending on what translation you prefer)

I do like the actual video. @Kalimdori did a great job selecting footage that matched up with what he was talking about. His speech style is also effective. I do largely agree with his sentiments on the Mii Fighter Costumes, but making them actually play somewhat like their character would require a lot more work. Work that is going to be extremely limited.

Okay, now that I finished "responding" (see Etika, I responded and yet I'm still a news source. You can do both.) I'm going to put up the interview with the Dr. Mario fake leakers up. Give me ~30 minutes as I need coffee.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
1. @Aeris translated the patch notes. They were featured on reddit and the front page of SmashBoards at least. They weren't hard to find, at least 15,000 people viewed them directly on Source Gaming. They were also featured on Nintendo Everything. I do agree 100% that Nintendo should've included the patch notes in English.

2. He calls people who believe that costumes are de-confirmation "stupid" and then later says it's a real possibility in his video. Either way, this isn't a good attitude to have in the community. No one is "stupid". There are only people who have different interpretations of the facts. The only people who are "stupid" are the ones that are blatant making up stuff/ ignoring facts when it's convenient for them.

3. Mentions the Ridley debacle. Which is as bright as day evidence that the community takes anything that's ambiguous and runs in the opposite direction. For crying out loud the screen he showed says 'Other boss characters may appear'. That should've been Ridley's death then and there, but people wanted to hold onto false hope and hype. I know retrospect is 20/20, but common.

4. He says Sakurai hates K. Rool. Yeah, because Sakurai also hates Goku. He hated Dedede until sometime in in 2006 as Dedede wasn't in any Smash games until then. There's a lot of stuff that goes into designing and picking the characters for Smash. It's not as simple as "I hate this character. Time not include him". Frankly, that's a very immature way of looking at it, and I hope the community grows out of it. It's more like "This character doesn't work because XYZ". Why wasn't Llyod featured in the game over Pac-Man? Maybe it's because he had a popular game on the Gamecube and we are now on the Wii U. Why is he a costume now? To appease the fans, obviously.

5. Tourney mode complaining. I get this. There's a lot of features not in it that should be. Also, my personal theory is the whole 3 minute timeline for stocks -- it's for replays. It's an awful game design choice as it doesn't reflect how tourneys are played. But then again Smash isn't a fighter. It's classified as "action-based fighter" (or an "opponent based action game" depending on what translation you prefer)

I do like the actual video. @Kalimdori did a great job selecting footage that matched up with what he was talking about. His speech style is also effective. I do largely agree with his sentiments on the Mii Fighter Costumes, but making them actually play somewhat like their character would require a lot more work. Work that is going to be extremely limited.

Okay, now that I finished "responding" (see Etika, I responded and yet I'm still a news source. You can do both.) I'm going to put up the interview with the Dr. Mario fake leakers up. Give me ~30 minutes as I need coffee.
Wait, Nintendo actually did provide patch notes for all the characters in Japanese? Props to them! If only we could get NOA to do that...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait, Nintendo actually did provide patch notes for all the characters in Japanese? Props to them! If only we could get NOA to do that...
Sorry, not patch notes but the update information. If we had patch notes in Japanese it would be a lot easier to distribute.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
1. @Aeris translated the patch notes update information. They were featured on reddit and the front page of SmashBoards at least. They weren't hard to find, at least 15,000 people viewed them directly on Source Gaming. They were also featured on Nintendo Everything. I do agree 100% that Nintendo should've included the patch notes update information in English.

Rekt? Rekt.

Also btw push, is this a typo or not?
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3fiw7b/the_truth_and_misconceptions_about_clones/ctpady7

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Keyword: possible
When you make a game franchise without caring about a timeline of events and fans start overthinking, the simplest answer is usually what happened with Zelda's timeline
Now to wait for the official Mario timeline
The official Zelda timeline introduced a third split for no reason whatsoever, and complicated things more than any fan did. And Anouma, the series director since 1999, has gone on record saying he does care about the timeline; it's Miyamoto that always comes in and screws things up. If the timeline doesn't make complete sense it's because of the tug of war between two very different design approaches, not because the creators don't care about the timeline at all.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This cosplay is from a convention last month iirc.

This is still the coolest cosplay in the history of ever omfg.
I wish Chrom always looked like this. I don't want to have to promote him to see this rad armor.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Pokemon nendoroids are the cutest thing ever. Here's a picture of Cynthia and Red hanging about. Garchomp is confused.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Honest question, do people actually want Goku or Shrek in Smash Bros.? Why?

I have a hard time understanding why people even want characters from non-Nintendo games that don't meet the Sakurai standard. It's a Nintendo crossover game. Sure, there are some wonderful games out there not made by them, but that's not really relevant to what Smash is.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

i would totally buy a cell amiibo easily best DBZ villian

I have a hard time understanding why people even want characters from non-Nintendo games that don't meet the Sakurai standard. It's a Nintendo crossover game. Sure, there are some wonderful games out there not made by them, but that's not really relevant to what Smash is.
Yes there are people who really want goku in smash.Natewantstobattle wanted him in for awhile and a couple DBZ tubers tried to get people to vote goku in the smash ballot.They want goku for the same reason we want a character he's character from there past who they want in there favorite fighting game they just dont understand why it hasn't/wont happened.Or your a bunch of kids who vote for whatever you like(lol vote for darth vader in smash).And yeah shrek is just a meme i never seen anyone really want him

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

No, but I would at least take a mii costume of Goku.

Edit: And I say this because we got non-video game relevant costumes anyways.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I can safely say most, if not all, of Shrek's votes are ~~ironic~~ ones.

Goku, well... he's Goku. Most of the people who legit want him in are the more casual fanbase.

D

Deleted member

Does Goku actually violate a criteria set by Sakurai though?
In order to be eligible, third party characters must fill both of the following criteria:
  • Character must have appeared on a Nintendo platform at least once. (No Sackboy, Kratos, Master Chief, etc.)
  • Character must have originated from a video game. (No Shrek, Mickey Mouse (though I'd honestly prefer him as a Disney rep over Sora), Goku, etc.)
Goku violates the latter.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

TBH I kinda want Goku.

I feel like he's pretty iconic enough to be a decent third party addition and he's got good moveset potential. Granted, he's not a video game character but he's got tons of games on various platforms.

It's probably never going to happen, but I'd be pretty hyped if it did.

Does Goku actually violate a criteria set by Sakurai though?
He's not primarily a video game character.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can I get a source on that?
I mean, I agree, as much I like Goku he's not a great fit, but I want to know exactly where Sakurai said that third-parties had to originate from a game.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

#Justice4Goku

Our lord and savoir

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Can I get a source on that?
I mean, I agree, as much I like Goku he's not a great fit, but I want to know exactly where Sakurai said that third-parties had to originate from a game.
I recall this being said during the Brawl pre-launch days. I forgot where though, several sites has likely reported on that though. He recently (as in Smash 4 pre-hype) said it again that anime/manga characters won't get in.

And given his reaction to Spongebob and Goku being requested to Smash in a recent interview (he called those requests insane or something). I think his mindset is very much cemented.

(I am a huge DBZ fan too. I need to get back to rewatching the series lol)

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's impossible but I'd love it to happen.
If he got in the next game, he could be the one to have codecs. He could talk to king kai about the different fighters and stuff.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Dammit Etika, stop attacking me with your logic and plainly obvious reasoning and GIMME MY SMASH GENIE YOU HANDSOME RAMSY PROTEGE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom