• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i dont think we need a 2nd Sonic character as SEGA 2nd rep i think we need a character from different franchise or one of the mascots like Alex kidd or NiGHTS to be a 2nd SEGA rep, SEGA is not just about Sonic

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Personally, I think it's completely fair if Sega only ends up with just 1 franchise (or even just 1 character) represented in the end. Capcom has 2 reps because they just happen to have 2 very iconic franchises that both have a notable impact for Nintendo and/or gaming. Sega just has Sonic.

I think the Mii Fighter costumes for Fighting Viper and Virtua Fighter was a pretty neat way of representing Sega more. I loved that they went out of their way to go polygonal with one of them as a reference to the Sega Saturn.

Hmm, shame they don't seem to be adding Assist Trophies as DLC/patches though. I would love NiGHTs and Phantasy Star get a reference in some form.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
True, for a major player in the console wars Sega sure is lacking in iconic series. There's a reason that the Sega All-Stars became SONIC and All-Stars. Not to mention those games got crammed with third parties too. Wreck-it Ralph, (the freaky cubist versions of) Banjo-Kazooie, Team Fortress, Yogscast, miis, XBLA avatars and RL racer Danicia Patrick.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So, Dragon Quest XI was announced for PS4 and 3DS

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Yep. The game looks great on both systems.

Though I was hoping for them to go the DQ9 route with created characters opposed to the standard characters like in DQ8 and every other game. That would have made it a buy for me. All of my buddies loved DQ9 and played that game to death due to it's customization and class system.

Sure DQX builds on DQ9, but we never got DQX. That game never left Japan.

Regardless, I hope the game does well and it comes out overseas and does well over here. ^__^

Naoshi

Uh, I was just told that DQX and DQXI are coming to the NX. It was announced at the end of the stream.

The NX is not even revealed and it already got games announced for it!

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Uh, I was just told that DQX and DQXI are coming to the NX. It was announced at the end of the stream.

Say WHAT? Okay. We better get DQX NX released internationally. Then I don't mind DQXI going with the standard set protagonist.

Also, I hope this bodes well for the Nintendo NX. It also means that Nintendo NX is being released in 2016. Oooh boy... it just got (possibly) good up in here.

EDIT: Oh and if people were wondering DQX is also coming out for PS4. It's no longer an Nintendo exclusive.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Say WHAT? Okay. We better get DQX NX released internationally. Then I don't mind DQXI going with the standard set protagonist.

Also, I hope this bodes well for the Nintendo NX. It also means that Nintendo NX is being released in 2016. Oooh boy... it just got (possibly) good up in here.

EDIT: Oh and if people were wondering DQX is also coming out for PS4. It's no longer an Nintendo exclusive.
DQX is actually on PC too.

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
DQX is actually on PC too.
Yeah. I noticed that after I posted my post, but I figured no one would have read it anyway. :p

But you are right. I meant "Console Exclusive" to Nintendo consoles.

Now though... hell, everyone is getting it. Wii. Wii U. NX. PS4. PC already had it. Pff. If XB1 sold in Japan, they'd have it too.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hmm...I wonder then.

I have heard that supposedly the NX had a 3DS card slot. At the time I viewed it as unreliable but I wonder if there might be any truth to that considering the bizarre combination of 3DS and NX (and PS4 but that doesn't fit into this equation)

Like, it's still probably nothing, but it does make things more interesting. Was XI also for the Vita or the Wii U?

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Hmm...I wonder then.

I have heard that supposedly the NX had a 3DS card slot. At the time I viewed it as unreliable but I wonder if there might be any truth to that considering the bizarre combination of 3DS and NX (and PS4 but that doesn't fit into this equation)

Like, it's still probably nothing, but it does make things more interesting. Was XI also for the Vita or the Wii U?
Strangely enough no Vita or Wii-U announcement. Just PS4, 3DS and NX.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Could it be possible the NX could handle games like KH3, FF7 Remake and other third party games in the future?

So far Dragon Quest XI will be my first NX game.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
NX reveal? No one pointed that out when I watched the stream.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Could this imply that the NX is roughly as powerful as the PS4 or does it not have to be to run the same game? I'm not good with this stuff.

Also, RIP Wii U.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
i dont think we need a 2nd Sonic character as SEGA 2nd rep i think we need a character from different franchise or one of the mascots like Alex kidd or NiGHTS to be a 2nd SEGA rep, SEGA is not just about Sonic
SEGA literally is just about Sonic. No other SEGA franchise even comes close to the juggernaut that Sonic is. Sonic is in fact the 3rd best selling franchise in the entire game, behind only Mario and Pokemon. Its lifetime sales are more than Mega Man, Street Fighter, Pac-Man and Metal Gear Solid COMBINED. Baring that in mind, and the fact that Sonic has an entire cross over series with Mario then they can easily justify adding a 2nd character.

Alex Kidd is nothing more than a failed attempt at a mascot and NiGHTS is completely niche. Neither have never even had a game on a Nintendo system. The only only series you could even begin to justify including would be Super Monkey Ball, and that's no where near playable rep worthy. No where near.

This is coming from someone who loves SEGA IPs, including the aforementioned. No SEGA cross over would be complete without them. But this isn't a SEGA cross over.

If SEGA gets another character, there is literally no other answer than a 2nd Sonic rep.

Although I kind of don't want Tails for the sole reason that he'd steal Dixie's unique gimmick, he's the most plausible choice.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sonic is technically the fourth best selling franchise in Smash if the Wii series of games is counted (Sports, Play, Fit, etc.)
Though the point about Sonic's success still stands.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
SEGA literally is just about Sonic. No other SEGA franchise even comes close to the juggernaut that Sonic is. Sonic is in fact the 3rd best selling franchise in the entire game, behind only Mario and Pokemon. Its lifetime sales are more than Mega Man, Street Fighter, Pac-Man and Metal Gear Solid COMBINED. Baring that in mind, and the fact that Sonic has an entire cross over series with Mario then they can easily justify adding a 2nd character.

Alex Kidd is nothing more than a failed attempt at a mascot and NiGHTS is completely niche. Neither have never even had a game on a Nintendo system. The only only series you could even begin to justify including would be Super Monkey Ball, and that's no where near playable rep worthy. No where near.

This is coming from someone who loves SEGA IPs, including the aforementioned. No SEGA cross over would be complete without them. But this isn't a SEGA cross over.

If SEGA gets another character, there is literally no other answer than a 2nd Sonic rep.

Although I kind of don't want Tails for the sole reason that he'd steal Dixie's unique gimmick, he's the most plausible choice.
arent sonic fans happy with Sonic in smash? they are lucky that they have Sonic but why its not enogh for them? i think SEGA better show more than just Sonic characters if we they are going to have a 2nd SEGA rep because it will show that SEGA isnt just about Sonic plus it will make more people interested on playing other SEGA franchises, i think Sonic is enogh but to be honest if we are about to get a 2nd Sonic character i think Knuckles would be the best choice since he has his own franchise.

Alex kidd games werent really bad i know he failed at making money in the past but at least he is a console mascot, i call Alex kidd the Mr. game and watch of SEGA plus all of his games already released in the wii eshop.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
XI was announced for the NX is all. No details were shown though.
This pretty much guarantees that the NX can handle the Unreal 4 Engine, as the game is almost certainly a port of the PS4 version.

Get hype.

Neo Zero

This pretty much guarantees that the NX can handle the Unreal 4 Engine, as the game is almost certainly a port of the PS4 version.

Get hype.
I have my own theory actually if what I know is correct. The 3DS/NX version may be connected, rather than the NX version being a PS4 port. I'm no where near confident enough to claim it's the more likely option albeit, but just a thought that came to mind.

Of course it could also be just as simple as 3DS hooks up to NX version to unlock items/content for owning both.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
arent sonic fans happy with Sonic in smash? they are lucky that they have Sonic but why its not enogh for them? i think SEGA better show more than just Sonic characters if we they are going to have a 2nd SEGA rep because it will show that SEGA isnt just about Sonic plus it will make more people interested on playing other SEGA franchises, i think Sonic is enogh but to be honest if we are about to get a 2nd Sonic character i think Knuckles would be the best choice since he has his own franchise.

Alex kidd games werent really bad i know he failed at making money in the past but at least he is a console mascot, i call Alex kidd the Mr. game and watch of SEGA plus all of his games already released in the wii eshop.
I'm sure Sonic fans are happy with him in Smash, but I don't really see why that's relevant? You could say the same thing about nearly any franchise that already has a character. Were Mario fans happy with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser? I expect they were, that doesn't mean they won't be happier with more.

Nintendo doesn't owe SEGA anything. Putting on some niche character that's never been on a Nintendo system before isn't going to Nintendo any favours. Why would Nintendo put a character on with the soul intent to market a niche SEGA franchise that doesn't even have games made anymore?

Knuckles being included over Tails or Eggman would be like adding Toad over Luigi or Bowser.

Alex Kidd's game was fine when it released, but it has nothing to do with Nintendo. Mr Game & Watch is a Nintendo character in a Nintendo cross over. That's why Alex Kidd is a great character to add in SEGA cross over games.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have my own theory actually if what I know is correct. The 3DS/NX version may be connected, rather than the NX version being a PS4 port. I'm no where near confident enough to claim it's the more likely option albeit, but just a thought that came to mind.

Of course it could also be just as simple as 3DS hooks up to NX version to unlock items/content for owning both.
While it is a possibility I doubt it. The 3DS is OLD hardware, and no matter what the NX is it is guaranteed to be quite a few tiers of processing power above it. It would make no real sense to "up port" an under powered game to the system.

The NX is not even revealed and it already has better third party support than the Wii U!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think Nintendo are really going to make sure third-party support is huge on the NX. It was one of the biggest failures of the Wii U, which wasn't really their fault... but in some regard it was.

It'd be great if from here on out PS and Nintendo got all the games and Microsoft were made to sweat a little.

I know it's only one game... but, baby steps!

Neo Zero

I don't think itd be as simple as an up port for the record.

One thing to take from this is the lack of Wii U support though. Seems NX is indeed the successor rather than a 3rd idea meant to support the other 2

D

Deleted member

Just let me transfer my VC purchases to NX without charging me a fee and I'll be fine.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think Nintendo are really going to make sure third-party support is huge on the NX. It was one of the biggest failures of the Wii U, which wasn't really their fault... but in some regard it was.

It'd be great if from here on out PS and Nintendo got all the games and Microsoft were made to sweat a little.

I know it's only one game... but, baby steps!
If the NX does end up being in the same processing bracket as the Xbox One or PS4 I wouldn't couldn't Kingdom Hearts 3 out as a multiplat. Maybe I'm just an optimistic sort of guy, though.

I don't think itd be as simple as an up port for the record.

One thing to take from this is the lack of Wii U support though. Seems NX is indeed the successor rather than a 3rd idea meant to support the other 2
Are you saying that they would essentially make 3 different versions of the same game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, if they do Gamecube VC I'd actually rather play the original Wind Waker on VC then the HD version. I own the HD version but the bloom sucks out the colors sometimes.

Also, if we get Melee on VC: MELEE LIVES 4EVER
although i'd kill for Melee HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just let me transfer my VC purchases to NX without charging me a fee and I'll be fine.
I feel like getting rid of Club Nintendo was the first step in creating a unified account that allow for that sort of thing... I think they are holding out on saying anything until the NX is announced. I'm also wondering how backwards compatibility will be handled. I wouldn't fault Nintendo for selling a Tablet Controller as an accessory that some NX games use and is required for playing Wii U games.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I feel like getting rid of Club Nintendo was the first step in creating a unified account that allow for that sort of thing... I think they are holding out on saying anything until the NX is announced. I'm also wondering how backwards compatibility will be handled. I wouldn't fault Nintendo for selling a Tablet Controller as an accessory that some NX games use and is required for playing Wii U games.
They could just make the Wii U gamepad a compatible controller like the Wiimote is for the Wii U.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
1. NX 2016 confirmed goodbye wii u we hardly knew U.
2. It can handle unreal engine 4, assuming it's related to the PS4 version and not a disappointment.
3. Square likes the NX. KH3/FFVII plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom