• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, the NX is coming out next year.

You know what else comes out next year?
Which means 2 things:

Either the NX is an successor and will have a cross platform port for NX ala Twilight Princess

Or

NX is probably a handheld/console hybrid but is more powerful than the Vita and even 360 and is just getting DQ. Also remember it's just that they are planning development for not, so it's not 100% confirmed and it probably won't release even in 2016

Khoru

Smash Champion
Alex Kidd is nothing more than a failed attempt at a mascot and NiGHTS is completely niche. Neither have never even had a game on a Nintendo system.
alex kidd has had... i think four? games on VC, and the second nights game was a wii exclusive

not that you're wrong or anything

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I will definitely get the NX day one, but I still love the hell out of my WiiU. So many good games.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Late to the party but a 3rd party character i really want but will never happen is Agnes Oblige or Edea Lee. Agnes is more iconoc but i like edea nore.

Both will never happen because they are non-iconic square characters with only 2 games.

Also NX news. The more good news the better even if its "under construction "

EDIT SGDQ is doing startropics now. right after being talked about
\http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
i'm sure there'd at least be a nights level
nights is like, the go-to "not sonic" sega series
And hopefully they'd have Powerstone 1$2. Also, Ooga Booga (I know, terrible name) was actually a lot of fun. And by "It was a lot of fun" I mean that I played these games recently, and they were fun, and I had never played them as a kid. To me, that's impressive.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
They could just make the Wii U gamepad a compatible controller like the Wiimote is for the Wii U.
Yeah, but they would have to start selling it separate, as people who sell their Wii U's will sell them with the Game Pad. I hope that if this is the case that NX games will support streaming. I actually use that feature a lot on my Wii U.
So guys UPDATE

its being considred for NX not actually an announcement
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/28/dragon-quest-x-and-xi-are-in-development-for-nintendo-nx/
Update: During the livestream event, Square Enix mentioned that they plan on developing Dragon Quest XI for Nintendo NX, but Famitsu reports that the development of Dragon Quest XI is currently “under consideration.”
Sounds like back peddling to me.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
alex kidd has had... i think four? games on VC, and the second nights game was a wii exclusive

not that you're wrong or anything
VC doesn't count, but I didn't realize NiGHTS got a sequel on the Wii.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
And hopefully they'd have Powerstone 1$2. Also, Ooga Booga (I know, terrible name) was actually a lot of fun. And by "It was a lot of fun" I mean that I played these games recently, and they were fun, and I had never played them as a kid. To me, that's impressive.
If we are talking about sega, Power stone is capcom.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
A little late to the party at this point, but I do think it's notable that people can get excited about hints or even the smallest bone being thrown to them over something they know will never happen. I don't think every person who gets excited over even the slightest potential for a character is saying that the character is 100% going to happen, or even at all likely. Some people just like to support a character for fun.

Like I'd love it if Neku from TWEWY were in Smash even though it would never happen. Same goes for a Phoenix Wright character, and some other stuff. It's fun to think about the possibilities sometimes instead of being stuck in reality, particularly when there's nothing happening as far as Smash news goes right now.
It wasn't even a bone. Sakurai signing a picture of Anna means absolutely nothing.

And I think it was intended as a "Her chances increased!" comment regardless of what anyone says. There's no real point in mentioning it otherwise; "It shows he knows about her and that's cool!" is an invalid excuse since Anna is a trophy in SSB3DS. There's no way he couldn't have known about her.

Tails is just fine.

I don't see why people are so against SEGA getting a 2nd Sonic rep.
I think Sonic getting a second character would (and should) over a character from a different Sega IP getting in.

Capcom getting two of its series represented makes sense because Mega Man and Street Fighter are both extremely iconic and successful franchises. Sega.....is mainly just Sonic. None of the other games it has are anywhere near the size of it.

So, yeah, I'd want Tails as a second Sega third party over someone like NiGHTS or AiAi.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It wasn't even a bone. Sakurai signing a picture of Anna means absolutely nothing.

And I think it was intended as a "Her chances increased!" comment regardless of what anyone says. There's no real point in mentioning it otherwise; "It shows he knows about her and that's cool!" is an invalid excuse since Anna is a trophy in SSB3DS. There's no way he couldn't have known about her.
Burb, seriously, drop it.

Why are you so attached to this? No one else is.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb, seriously, drop it.

Why are you so attached to this? No one else is.
"I don't care about this and want it dropped, so I'm going to inject myself into it rather than scroll past this post, which likely would've been the last mention of it."

k

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
"I don't care about this and want it dropped, so I'm going to inject myself into it rather than scroll past this post, which likely would've been the last mention of it."

k
Lol truth. Here come the water works from everyone now.

D

Deleted member

When there's something I don't like because it annoys me and there's no point in arguing it, I simply scroll past it.
I can confirm this works with at least Geno and Gematsu discussions :)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
WWF War Zone's short promos were hilariously bad like Thunder.

Funny thing, both games were made by any the same developers

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wow. No waterworks.

But we're seriously becoming a giant group of pin the tail on the donkey's ass now.

It wouldn't have even went on as long as it did if Burb hadn't kept it going.

It didn't even need that extra post he just made was the point.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Really thinking about skipping the Wii U for the NX, hope we get some info this year.

I never really think about another SEGA rep, but I'd love to see Joe Musashi from the shinobi series. His movesets (alright, Jiro's) on the 3DS game are extremely Smash-like.

He has 4-5 aerials. Tilt attacks, neutral, a tether, ninja magic, shuriken. And 4 potential Final Smasy abilities.

And from the Sonic series.... Well, Tails or Knuckles could do. I know Tails is a great choice, but Knuckles has been mistreated a lot lately, and it'd be awesome to have Smash Bros. bring back justice to the Echidna.
(plus, he's another awesome fist fighter!)

Megaman + Ryu vs Sonic + Knuckles I could get behind.
(but again, Tails would work too!)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Really thinking about skipping the Wii U for the NX, hope we get some info this year.

I never really think about another SEGA rep, but I'd love to see Joe Musashi from the shinobi series. His movesets (alright, Jiro's) on the 3DS game are extremely Smash-like.

He has 4-5 aerials. Tilt attacks, neutral, a tether, ninja magic, shuriken. And 4 potential Final Smasy abilities.

And from the Sonic series.... Well, Tails or Knuckles could do. I know Tails is a great choice, but Knuckles has been mistreated a lot lately, and it'd be awesome to have Smash Bros. bring back justice to the Echidna.
(plus, he's another awesome fist fighter!)

Megaman + Ryu vs Sonic + Knuckles I could get behind.
(but again, Tails would work too!)
I always preferred Knuckles over Tails.

Only extra Sonic characters are him and Eggman

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Knuckles isn't nearly iconic outside of his meme of ''& Knuckles" in my opinion.

That and he's kind of the original Shadow. He's the 90's version of Shadow where instead of edge it was ''Cool" with a K.

He's still a better character than Shadow, but it's kind of the truth.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
WWF War Zone's short promos were hilariously bad like Thunder.

Funny thing, both games were made by any the same developers
Thunder rants were legit promos. Whereas everyone except Austin and I think maybe Bret read off of cue cards for their War Zone promos.

Farooq's were the least enthusiastic promos ever delivered.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Knuckles isn't nearly iconic outside of his meme of ''& Knuckles" in my opinion.

That and he's kind of the original Shadow. He's the 90's version of Shadow where instead of edge it was ''Cool" with a K.

He's still a better character than Shadow, but it's kind of the truth.
Even if he WAS iconic, you'd have to be brain-dead to add Knuckles before Tails.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
In other news anyone know how to beat event 49? I've tried using Master Hand to beat it but he freezes on Pichu

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Thunder rants were legit promos. Whereas everyone except Austin and I think maybe Bret read off of cue cards for their War Zone promos.

Farooq's were the least enthusiastic promos ever delivered.

All I remember is that both games were trash. My go to wrestling games are all the N64 AKI games (especially Wrestlemania 2000), Smackdown KYR, JBI, SYM and HCTP, WWE Raw on Xbox, WM XIX and Day of Reckoning on GC, WWE All-Stars, Wrestlemania the Arcade game and WWE 12 for the story mode.

There's also Saturday Night Slammasters although it's just Super Turbo with wrestlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom