• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Speaking of jabs... I hope Sakurai becomes a fan of Punch Out! next. :D
Then he'd include King Hippo, Doc Louis, a newly invented Dark Mac, Super Macho Man, and Dragon Chan.

... Alright, just King Hippo OR Doc Louis is enough. ñ_ñ
Nope, new character is a Rule 63 Little Mac who has a better recovery but weaker attacks and no Super Armor. Also no KO Punch.

Name is:
Little Mae

That's true, but I feel like King Hippo is the next most recognisable character from the series.
I love Punch Out and a major fan of the eerie but I'm probably he only guy who DOESN'T want a new rep from it. While they have great and wonderful characters, they don't standout or as popular as Little Mac. Plus it hurts because they would be a clone.

That's why I'm actually on board with Hippo as an AT but character, nope.
Thing is the only character that is just as big as Little Mac is in fact Mike Tyson. And I'm not joking, the guy is a reason why he games are so popular for a reason because his face and name being on the game and being the most devastating Hevyweight Champion ever is one of the reasons why the series took off in sales and has that following.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
What is the first?
I'd say Karate Joe/ or Chorus Kids (due to Gematsu leak) are the most recognizable

Wrestler and Reporter are also pretty popular and recognizable due the hundreds of parodies that came out of their minigame. "WUBABABABADUBA iz that true!?" is pretty iconic with Nintendo fans now

Rhythm Girl and Samurai Slice are also popular with people who've actually played RH

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd say Karate Joe/ or Chorus Kids (due to Gematsu leak) are the most recognizable

Wrestler and Reporter are also pretty popular and recognizable due the hundreds of parodies that came out of their minigame. "WUBABABABADUBA iz that true!?" is pretty iconic with Nintendo fans now

Rhythm Girl and Samurai Slice are also popular with people who've actually played RH
I don't think the Gematsu leak puts the Chorus Kids's on Karate Joe or the Wrestler's level imo.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I don't think the Gematsu leak puts the Chorus Kids's on Karate Joe or the Wrestler's level imo.
Chorus Kids were above that level when we all thought Gematsu was 100%
Smash is an easy way to make a character very popular and recognizable to people.

I'm certain that during the time when Gematau leaks started to become legit, many people who weren't familiar with RH found out about the characters

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is it wrong that of all the iconic third party characters people talk about that need to get into Smash or would like in Smash?

All I want is Tails.

Like Sonic vs Tails vs Mario vs Luigi.

It's gotta happen.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is it wrong that of all the iconic third party characters people talk about that need to get into Smash or would like in Smash?

All I want is Tails.

It's gotta happen.
I want Tails in Smash so bad.

But I'd rather Sonic & Tails vs. Mario & Luigi

Or Tails & Luigi vs. Sonic & Mario.

I love Tails >.<

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

All I want is Tails.

It's gotta happen.
Tails makes much more sense than most of the third party characters some people want.
Banjo, Indies, Bayonetta, Geno, etc.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sonic could have four reps IMO and I wouldn't think it out of place.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman.

I'd be so happy.

Chrono.

Tails is just fine.

I don't see why people are so against SEGA getting a 2nd Sonic rep.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tails is just fine.

I don't see why people are so against SEGA getting a 2nd Sonic rep.

Because it will ruin the Nintendo feel if 5-10 people of a roster that is 50 plus and one day might be in the 60's-70's are third party.

Because you know 15 percent of the game being third party would just be...way way too much.

I don't know fear of third parties in the Nintendo fandom has always been stupid and strange to me. Especially if there iconic ones that played a part of Nintendo's history.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A little late to the party at this point, but I do think it's notable that people can get excited about hints or even the smallest bone being thrown to them over something they know will never happen. I don't think every person who gets excited over even the slightest potential for a character is saying that the character is 100% going to happen, or even at all likely. Some people just like to support a character for fun.

Like I'd love it if Neku from TWEWY were in Smash even though it would never happen. Same goes for a Phoenix Wright character, and some other stuff. It's fun to think about the possibilities sometimes instead of being stuck in reality, particularly when there's nothing happening as far as Smash news goes right now.
You get me...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
speaking of 3rd party

Whats a third party character you guys would want in Smash but has no chance at all, like 0% chance

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hm....

Does anyone know if you can use actual Wii discs to rate things on the eshop?

For example, if I play Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy with my physical copies for one hour, can I rate them on the eshop?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Personally a 0% 3rd party character I would like to see is the main cast of Ghost Trick (Lynne, Sissel, and Missle). You play as Lynn while Sissle and Missile posses weapons for her with their ghost power or something.

D

Deleted member

If we're doing another third party character then I'd like to have Layton.

Final Smash

"This reminds me of a puzzle..."

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is anyone here going to watch the Dragon Quest reveal that's on in any minute now?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think Sonic should have 1 or 2 characters at max tbh Having more than 2 is kinda overkill for a non-Nintendo franchise. And this is coming from a huge Sonic fan. I'm cool with either Tails or Eggman. Preferably Eggman.

But then it would be kind of weird that Sonic gets 2 characters while Mega Man and Pac Man doesn't :p

At the same time though...

Because it will ruin the Nintendo feel if 5-10 people of a roster that is 50 plus and one day might be in the 60's-70's are third party.

Because you know 15 percent of the game being third party would just be...way way too much.

I don't know fear of third parties in the Nintendo fandom has always been stupid and strange to me. Especially if there iconic ones that played a part of Nintendo's history.
As someone who actually feels overdoing third parties does take away the theme a bit to me, I find it pretty insulting you go calling it stupid. (For the record, I don't mind 5 third parties)

Also playing the devil's advocate:

Sonic is a non-Nintendo franchise, so giving him a 2nd rep is arguably seen as probably overdoing it. He's a guest character, along with the rest of the third parties.

Time and effort is better spent on bringing in other third party franchises into the roster than giving an existing one another character.

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I don't mind Sonic getting another rep. Mostly because Capcom has two reps and Sega doesn't have another franchise that comes as CLOSE to popularity as Sonic. So it makes sense for Sonic to get a 2nd rep as opposed to Sega as a whole repping another franchise.

My choice for that would be Tails = Eggman, then Shadow or Knuckles. Oh and only ONE of the FOUR. As a Sonic fan, we can only get one. And I rather Tails over Eggman since Bowser Jr took what would have been great for Eggman.

Also, surprised there was no New Dragon Quest hype in the most current page of the thread. Loved DQ8 and DQ9. Was so mad we never got DQX internationally, so I hope the game being announced is DQ 11 and that it's similar to DQ9. Also want DQ8 port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom