• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I've just realized I can save quite a bit as I want the Wii U stuff and my brother wants the 3DS stuff, if I download the combo packs on the Wii U how does it work with the 3DS? Will I just get codes that I can input in my brother's 3DS or is it connected through NNID?

£18 / 2 is much better than the £14 each we'll have to spend together.
Yeah, there'll be codes on the digital receipt.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, there'll be codes on the digital receipt.
Thx. At least the DLC doesn't feel like it's so expensive then.

The Mario Kart DLC pricing was so good, you got like an extra 50% of the game for £10+, that's like 2 characters and a stage in Smash.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Thx. At least the DLC doesn't feel like it's so expensive then.

The Mario Kart DLC pricing was so good, you got like an extra 50% of the game for £10+, that's like 2 characters and a stage in Smash.
Right but think about the difference in development costs. A new driver is a lot less work than a new fighter, I would think.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Right but think about the difference in development costs. A new driver is a lot less work than a new fighter, I would think.
I would imagine tracks are more work than a fighter tbh. And there were 8 of them (plus characters and karts) for like £6.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Got to the add funds, did that and got kicked out. Went back into the eshop and my balance dropped from 21 to like 8 dollars. What the crap?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's what I'm doing. That extra dollar adds up.

Glad I'm not the only one that got that 'no more veterans' feeling. It's probably nothing, you know how subtlety is lost when translating from Japanese to English. But still, can't shake that feeling.
The funny thing about what he said is that they were both my least wanted veteran that was cut from each version...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Got to the add funds, did that and got kicked out. Went back into the eshop and my balance dropped from 21 to like 8 dollars. What the crap?
Uh oh.

This is...

You'd think they'd be prepared you know?

Like ''3 characters in one day!" type prepared should be something you get done before the fact not after the fact.

And having Sakurai say ''Try again." in the direct isn't really going to help the matter.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm playing Lucas online right now. I already like playing him more than Ness.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Uh oh.

This is...

Like ''3 characters in one day!" type prepared should be something you get done before the fact not after the fact.

And having Sakurai say ''Try again." in the direct isn't really going to help the matter.
If the Pokemon Bank debacle didn't teach them, nothing will.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got all three! For both versions as well!
go back to eshop and a redownload button will appear, it happened to me. You won't have to pay for whichever items were already downloaded before the disconnection.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Uh oh.

This is...

This and Amiibo stock are not Nintendo's strong point.

By the way guys where do I go to purchase these 3 all I get is the videos.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The funny thing about what he said is that they were both my least wanted veteran that was cut from each version...
Actually happened to be my most wanted vets from each series.

I'm not actually worried per se, but the wording did make me feel a bit uneasy. Wolf fans really should stop taking his inclusion for granted and get to voting on the ballot.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I finally got it. It took an hour of trying but I got Ryu and Roy. I was too poor to get all three at once.

So who's willing to bet that votes for other FGCs are gonna shoot up in response to Ryu?

My downloads aren't appearing even though I completely purchased them. Help.
That happened to me too, you gotta try going online with Smash, which will force it to look within itsef and admit it's no the latest version.Then return to menu and it'll download the massive patch.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I made an E3 Bingo Card yesterday.

image.jpg

The More Smash amiibo thing was fulfilled today, so I guess I can mark it off.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

I'm not actually worried per se, but the wording did make me feel a bit uneasy. Wolf fans really should stop taking his inclusion for granted and get to voting on the ballot.
Just checked the Japanese, the English translation is spot on.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Considering they're both characters from JP-only games, that's probably why they're both so low on my totem poll (that and I thought FE already had more than enough representation).

Wolf got a vote from me. No question.

I never said it was anything but my opinion, did I? That's why I used the word "my", ya know?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

We've been voting in the ballot, but held off for E3, if he's not shown there and data miners can't find him, we'll be voting Wolf for 3 hours straight each day.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The remaining Veterans are Wolf, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Pichu and Young Link. Wolf was not replaced, dropped due to issues or a Pokemon so I think his chances are good.

Ryu shows that they're willing to do unique things with DLC newcomers so we've got that to speculate over. What would K. Rool's gimmick be? How would Shantae's gameplay be recreated in Smash. Stuff like that.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm in a new kind of hell. I exist on the front page of the E-Shop, but can't do much of anything but get sent back to it.

Boy, Ryu sure is a blast to play.~~

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
To be honest I think people are looking a bit too much into that thing Sakurai said about Roy and Lucas.

I can't see that when the ballot is a thing he would deconfirm 7 characters casually like that. It wouldn't gain him anything.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Moderation when?

*rubs temples* Oh boy. Should've seen that coming.

I'm in a new kind of hell. I exist on the front page of the E-Shop, but can't do much of anything but get sent back to it.

Boy, Ryu sure is a blast to play.~~
Same here. I feel like they're taking some measures to try and clear up traffic, because I was at least getting in and managing to start the process before getting booted, but it literally refuses to load up the Smash Bros. page.

Or maybe it's just that the Smash Bros. page is too overloaded with traffic to load for anybody not already there now. Who knows.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ever get that feeling that you want everything, but you can't? So how have to pick which one to leave out?
That's exactly how I'm feeling.

Shroob

Sup?
So, the Mewtwo leak had spots for 7 stages in the code. Suzaku Castle, Dreamland 64, Mario's 64 stage and Hyrule Castle 64 will take 4 of them... What could the last 3 be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom