• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm pretty sure Ryu is the kind of person who doesn't care what you are, just are you a good fighter? Cause if so he wants to challenge you, if not he'll just probably politely move on

Also I have a fun little game we could play. Its to come up with a tag line for the missing vets for if they returned as DLC in Smash 4, seeing as how the taglines for the DLC vets were related to the character in someway, the tagline also needs to apply to the vet in someway, like with Roy's tagline Seals the Deal, it was to do with the name of his sword, for Lucas' Comes out of Nowhere, it was to do with were he comes from and for Mewtwo's Strikes Back it had to with his move.

Here I'll go first:
:pichumelee:Electrifies the crowd
:younglinkmelee:Dawns his return
:popo:Climb back in
:pt:Wants to Battle
:squirtle:Pumps back up
:ivysaur:Whips the crowd
:wolf:Drops in
:snake:Kept you waiting, huh?
:pichumelee:Lights up the competition
:younglinkmelee:Time has come
:popo:Cools the crowd
:pt:journey continues
:squirtle: Swims in?
:ivysaur:evolves into battle
:wolf:Leads the assault
:snake:Kept you waiting

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Off topic:So Kanye west is gonna run for president...Dont know how to feel about that just yet
Well Trump lowered the bar. Still entertainment figures becoming President is nothing new. Look at Regan.

If there is another stage i'm hoping for Saffron City.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also I have a fun little game we could play. Its to come up with a tag line for the missing vets for if they returned as DLC in Smash 4, seeing as how the taglines for the DLC vets were related to the character in someway, the tagline also needs to apply to the vet in someway, like with Roy's tagline Seals the Deal, it was to do with the name of his sword, for Lucas' Comes out of Nowhere, it was to do with were he comes from and for Mewtwo's Strikes Back it had to with his move.

Here I'll go first:
:pichumelee: Pichu Has Been Chosen!
:younglinkmelee: Young Link Is Back From The Past!
:popo: Ice Climbers Hammer Up!
:pt: Pokémon Trainer Wants To Battle!
:squirtle: Squirtle Pumps It Up!
:ivysaur: Ivysaur Grows Up!
:wolf: Wolf Makes An Ambush! / Wolf Can't Let You Do That!
:snake: Kept You Waiting, Huh?! (name won't even show up)

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
A new leak. This one's it, guys!

:troll:

I'll post things of significance soon. Don't worry. I have not become El Memer, I just have a few other projects I'm working on. Like my novel. And reading.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Also missing Return of the Mack ft. Jason Zimmerman so maybe it is fake

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Reminder:

Go vote on what kind of DLC would you rather have. Veterans + Newcomers or just Newcomers?
Snake and Wolf are currently tied!
I chose option B, mostly for the sake of variety (not that I really have anything against veterans). I think the chances of getting a veteran as a ballot fighter are pretty good if we do end up getting four fighters since they probably wouldn't require as much development time.

If I remember right, my four newcomers were:
1) Tails: he and Sonic are an iconic duo and I think it'd be nice for an underdog character like him to get the recognition that comes with being in Smash. I like the idea of Tails having the spin dash plus his gadgets with a Tornado final smash.
2) King K. Rool: the DK series doesn't have a ton of representation in Smash and I think K. Rool has the potential to be a pretty unique character. I also feel like his fans have suffered enough.
3) Dixie Kong: I honestly don't have a huge preference when it comes to 2) & 3). I think it makes a lot of sense for Dixie to be in Smash given that she's a mainstay of the DK series and has been playable in all but two DKC games. I feel like she is one of the most, if not the most prominent female Nintendo character that hasn't been made playable in Smash yet, and I'd really like for one of the DLC fighters to be a female character since we haven't had a new female fighter announced in a while.
4) Agnès Oblige: I spent a lot of time (probably too much, haha) playing Bravely Default and Agnès was my favorite party member. Given all of the job skills and moves in that game and the Brave/Default system, there's a lot that Sakurai and co. could draw from in making her moveset.

Granted, that's more of wishlist than a "probably going to happen" list. If I was going to limit it to characters that have a sort of realistic shot of making it as DLC fighters, I'd probably replace Tails and Agnès with Daisy and Isaac. I think I'll be alright with pretty much whoever gets picked though since I have more than enough characters to use already. Plus, even if the ballot fighters aren't on the top of my personal wishlist, they'll make somebody happy, which will be cool.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm pretty sure Ryu is the kind of person who doesn't care what you are, just are you a good fighter? Cause if so he wants to challenge you, if not he'll just probably politely move on

Here I'll go first:
:pichumelee: Shocks the Audience
:younglinkmelee: Has better Arrows
:icsmelee: *Only on Wii U
:pt: Is not Red
:squirtle:/:ivysaur: Were better than Charizard
:wolf: Is named after his species
:snake:Is NOT named after his species

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there a source foe the Kanye thing?

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Reminder:

Go vote on what kind of DLC would you rather have. Veterans + Newcomers or just Newcomers?
Snake and Wolf are currently tied!
I chose four newcomers; while I'd like to see Wolf and Snake come back, I think the ballot could be better used for all new characters that might not get priority otherwise.

Chibi-Robo: The series is making a comeback with Zip Lash, so he is quite relevant. He'd also be unique, I feel, with his variety of tools and his plug and it'd be nice to see him finally be recognized as a Nintendo "All-Star"
Shovel Knight: He'd represent the indies, and he's probably the most likely character now, so it wouldn't hurt, I think
Impa: The Zelda series deserves a newcomer, and while there haven't been too many popularly new Zelda characters in recent years (well, there have been, but they're probably already an Assist Trophy) Impa has had a significant boost in popularity, appearing in SS, ALBW and now Hyrule Warriors. While Robin already has magic powers, Sakurai could still probably find a way to make Impa unique.
Dixie Kong: As much as I wanted to put KKR, his chances are pretty much dead now, and I would put Cranky Kong, but honestly, we all know who the most popular Kong after Donkey and Diddy is. And I think she'd make a great semi-clone of Diddy, with the hair and the bubblegum and the hair...

woohoo
now we just wait and speculate some more :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"It is not clear exactly how serious the rapper was being and he appeared to confess to smoking cannabis before taking the stage."

That probably has something to do with it.
Yeah, with something like that in his past, I doubt he's serious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Siiiiigh
That reminds me of 2 recent things. The Pokemon thing about a tournament and Jim Sterling's newest video getting 4 copyright claims before being live to the public

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That reminds me of 2 recent things. The Pokemon thing about a tournament and Jim Sterling's newest video getting 4 copyright claims before being live to the public
But Jim's newest video is a rant about the Deus Ex "Augment your pre-order" Bull**** with 5 tiers.
His Jimquisition however... #****onami

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I made a roster of Smash bros 2020. Assuming it is real, what do you think people will complain about, knowing that, in the universe where this roster is real :

Tom Nook is a full clone of Villager ;
The other Wii Fit character is a wii fit balance board ;
The new Pokemon is a Ghost type from Gen 8 used as a mascot ;
The Goron is a new Zelda character who got popular in the Wii U game and got its own game (puzzle one) ;
There was no new Xenoblade Chronicles, though a sequel is at work ;
Splatoon got a new game, keeping the same mechanic ;
Metroid got three new games ;
Mario got a new game (kind of like Mario Glaxy/64/Sunshine) ;
Luigi Mansion's 3 happened ;
Pikmin 4 happened ;
Fire Emblem character is a mix of Lord and Magician, from the newest game, customizable as Robin ;
DK got a new successful Donkey Country Return game, as well as a new one featuring K. Rool as the main boss ;
Paper Mario got one new game on the new handheld ;
Yarn Yoshi is a Yoshi Clone ;
There is a fourth kind of Mii (Winged Mii) ;
The Ballot characters chosen in Wii U come back as DLC again ;
All the characters in Red are unlockable and won't be announced before the 2020 ESRB leak.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I made a roster of Smash bros 2020. Assuming it is real, what do you think people will complain about, knowing that, in the universe where this roster is real :

Tom Nook is a full clone of Villager ;
The other Wii Fit character is a wii fit balance board ;
The new Pokemon is a Ghost type from Gen 8 used as a mascot ;
The Goron is a new Zelda character who got popular in the Wii U game and got its own game (puzzle one) ;
There was no new Xenoblade Chronicles, though a sequel is at work ;
Splatoon got a new game, keeping the same mechanic ;
Metroid got three new games ;
Mario got a new game (kind of like Mario Glaxy/64/Sunshine) ;
Luigi Mansion's 3 happened ;
Pikmin 4 happened ;
Fire Emblem character is a mix of Lord and Magician, from the newest game, customizable as Robin ;
DK got a new successful Donkey Country Return game, as well as a new one featuring K. Rool as the main boss ;
Paper Mario got one new game on the new handheld ;
Yarn Yoshi is a Yoshi Clone ;
There is a fourth kind of Mii (Winged Mii) ;
The Ballot characters chosen in Wii U come back as DLC again ;
All the characters in Red are unlockable and won't be announced before the 2020 ESRB leak.

Nope. Wouldn't buy
But Jim's newest video is a rant about the Deus Ex "Augment your pre-order" Bull**** with 5 tiers.
His Jimquisition however... #****onami
Didn't see that when I posted 'get everyone on the planet to preorder then it'll be out a bit earlier.' The **** SE?

D

Deleted member

@Zoroarking How badly is your arse getting handed to you in Thracia?
I'm still on chapter 2
It's still not hard but Leaf has died twice already
I have a bunch of stuff to do with my recently acquired free time tho
And I'm terrible with multi tasking
Y Nuzlocke
Mess around with custom 3DS themes
Finish JoJo Part 2
Catch up with We Bare Bears and Star vs. The Forces of Evil
And finally, something that I had long forgotten from my childhood
I wonder if anyone even knows this

D

Deleted member

I'm still on chapter 2
It's still not hard but Leaf has died twice already
I have a bunch of stuff to do with my recently acquired free time tho
And I'm terrible with multi tasking
Y Nuzlocke
Mess around with custom 3DS themes
Finish JoJo Part 2
Catch up with We Bare Bears and Star vs. The Forces of Evil
And finally, something that I had long forgotten from my childhood
I wonder if anyone even knows this
ZATCH BELL!? YEAH!

Crunchyroll has it, but they dont have the last 50 episodes so i dont want to watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom