• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'll tell ya what's strange about the results:

And then they confirm Queen Merelda as a Peach clone. :happysheep:

No but the poll results are definitely... something else. The veteran results make plenty of sense at least. The newcomers are all over the place though, lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And then they confirm Queen Merelda as a Peach clone. :happysheep:

No but the poll results are definitely... something else. The veteran results make plenty of sense at least. The newcomers are all over the place though, lol.
I wonder when someone will request Corey Baxter...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Man, this thread jumped like 40 pages and nothing happened. Although, what else is new...
oh wait, nothing

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Agree with the first part of your rational. Sakurai approves every single detail in the game. He's crazy. Hal Labs based the coloring/ shading of Smash 64 based on how it looked on Sakurai's T.V. They talked about adjusting the color of the warp pipes in the Mushroom Kingdom stage. The dude acted out most(if not all?) of the characters in Subspace Emissary so they could be reanimated by hand. Sakurai has the final say 100% of the way.
There's a difference between approving every final detail, and being responsible for every decision that has to be made. He is only one man in a team of several other individuals. Contrary to popular belief, and even if he is responsible for approving every decision to be made, I highly doubt he's is the one and only source for every idea. Despite how involved he may be with the production process, he's not omnipotent. I'm sure there are details and issues that escape even his attention, and those decisions are left to the rest of the team to sort out. There's only so much physical time for any one individual to do any amount of work, and I'll bet the other members of the team have made their own special mark on the game as well. Sakurai doesn't get to have all the fun.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Is there any way to check what was updated in the ballot website? Like maybe they added IP filtering or something.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can you post the pic?

Can't access twitter right now :/

I dunno, I thought it was pretty good tbh.

I think worlds collide was just a bit better tbh.

Just a bit tho.
Sorry for the late reply, I thought it was kind of underwhelming, I mean they brought in all of the world famous SEGA and CAPCOM characters and they mostly focused on Sonic and Mega Man, and I know it's their comic, but what was the point of bringing these characters in, it almost seems pointless. Whose villans come together, Sonic and Mega Man's, whose world's get merged, Sonic and Mega Man's, who does Sonic choose to go Super with him despite several people being in the phacinity making it entirely pointless for Sonic to choose one person, Mega Man. Also they have all these famous characters, but they also brought in all these B-teir characters, Sticks, SatAM characters, fan crated Robot Master Quake Woman. See what I mean?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Is there any way to check what was updated in the ballot website? Like maybe they added IP filtering or something.
It appears that it wasn't actually updated. It's only "updated" when it processes new submissions from what I can tell.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
D

Deleted member

Man 007 Goldeneye for N64 is so fun. I'm enjoying it more now since because I'm not a kid, I'm actually understanding what to do better and my skills have improved dramatically since then. :kirbymelee:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want bearded Ryu as an alt in Smash so bad now, dammit.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
It appears that it wasn't actually updated. It's only "updated" when it processes new submissions from what I can tell.
Oh, so this has happened before? It might just be because of their method of counting votes.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...umes-and-collectors-edition-for-north-america

The costumes look great. Except for Chun-Li she looks kinda bland. It's like trying to be her original SF4 alt without being as good.

View attachment 71052 View attachment 71053

That Ryu Alt should be in Smash 4. It looks great with that old man beard
Oh wow! I never thought that I'd see Ryu with beard officially; It looks very nice on him, considering all this concept of endless wanderer; --I wish he had at least the Battle Damaged costume from SFIV in Smash4. =\

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is so legit. Bearded Ryu for Smash plz
I want bearded Ryu as an alt in Smash so bad now, dammit.
He really does look awesome in the bearded look. Shows off the age and maturity of the character. This how I wanted the new SFV designs should be and Bison is on the road as well as Birdie and Vega. Ken looks too young for his age considering he's like barely older than Ryu

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Asking that isn't going to make it happen any sooner =P
But no, not for another 7 or 8 hours.
I'm sorry. :( I only asked cuz' I don't actually know when it was suppose to be, as I for some reason thought it was gonna be now. I am patient, I asure you. D:

Oh, and thank you!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Bison is looking cool.

And the return of Chun LI's alt 1 costume.

this issue of "Grasping for straws monthly" brought to you by smashboards
I thought that the only way in which the Shovel Knight rumour could be debunked is if there end up being DLC characters revealed within the next two months and none of them being Shovel Knight. Am I correct or am I wrong?

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
this issue of "Grasping for straws monthly" brought to you by smashboards
Not really. I didn't say proof, I said evidence. There's a difference. I believe a major assumption about the SK amiibo's was that Nintendo was handling manufacturing and that seems to not be the case. Perhaps they're putting some money behind it, but the fact that business negotiations are being left up to YCG is important in the argument.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
>Calling Kamen Rider Power Rangers
Sorry, but when I see people in weird customes like those fighting other people in weird costumes, I think Power Rangers. Sorry for my lack of culture:p

But yes, that a form based on Edison. The blue was Isaac Newton, his forms are of famous dead people, we'll even get Beethoven. Japan is weird and I love it
This concept is so weird that I love it.
seal of approval.png

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sorry, but when I see people in weird customes like those fighting other people in weird costumes, I think Power Rangers. Sorry for my lack of culture:p

This concept is so weird that I love it.
Dam straight you should apologize, Kamen Rider is literally the grandfather of Power Rangers. Other leaked 'Souls' are Robin Hood, Billy the Kid, Benkei, Tutankhamen and Nobunaga. The doohickeys are called Eyekons, being a triple pun. Eye, Kon (soul) and Icon. The protag dies in the first episode and needs to collect them all in 99 days or something to be fully restored back to life

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Dam straight you should apologize, Kamen Rider is literally the grandfather of Power Rangers. Other leaked 'Souls' are Robin Hood, Billy the Kid, Benkei, Tutankhamen and Nobunaga. The doohickeys are called Eyekons, being a triple pun. Eye, Kon (soul) and Icon. The protag dies in the first episode and needs to collect them all in 99 days or something to be fully restored back to life
Yeah yeah, we get it. Take your power riders somewhere else. :troll:

Oh my god I just noticed Bison's grandpa beard.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The doohickeys are the personnality cores from Portal, right?:troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The doohickeys are the personnality cores from Portal, right?:troll:
They probably won't be sentient in the actual show
Yeah yeah, we get it. Take your power riders somewhere else. :troll:

Oh my god I just noticed Bison's grandpa beard.
Actually, you reminded me of Saban trademarking Power Rider. Thank god they didn't end up using it considering their track record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom