• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Bison is looking cool.

And the return of Chun LI's alt 1 costume.

I thought that the only way in which the Shovel Knight rumour could be debunked is if there end up being DLC characters revealed within the next two months and none of them being Shovel Knight. Am I correct or am I wrong?
Looking at the Chun Li outfit, I have nothing wrong with it, but I just realized how big her hands and thighs are lol.

Also, the M.Bison alt is cool, and Ryu with a beard just made him so much cooler.

Chrono.

Bison is looking cool.

And the return of Chun LI's alt 1 costume.

I thought that the only way in which the Shovel Knight rumour could be debunked is if there end up being DLC characters revealed within the next two months and none of them being Shovel Knight. Am I correct or am I wrong?
Bruh I'm loving Chun-li's new hair and Ryu's beard.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Back from my vacation, so I'm back on my computer which is nice after a while. Also, 2 vets and 2 newcomers sounds good.
Bearded Ryu actually doesn't look too bad.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Imo, when I saw Ryu, I thought that it was Chuck Norris.
I see more Movie Kenshiro than Chuck Norris

image.jpg

I don't think Ryu's homophobic, nor do I think he was one of the characters with transphobic win quotes against Poison in ST X Tekken
What? Also he does comment on Poison's gender as Evil Ryu in Ultra SF4

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I see more Movie Kenshiro than Chuck Norris

View attachment 71064

What? Also he does comment on Poison's gender as Evil Ryu in Ultra SF4
SF X T had multiple characters say transphobic stuff against Poison, Capcom patched it out after complaints, I recall Kuma's 'you smell like a man' still being there. Didn't Evil Ryu get pissed off about someone wearing heels fighting him?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Off topic:So Kanye west is gonna run for president...Dont know how to feel about that just yet
hmmm...On one hand, no. On the other hand, possibly better than Trump.

OH WAIT I'M EUROPEAN HAVE FUN WITH A **** PRESIDENT

Also, Swamp, this was what I meant about Poison 'Also, in early developements of Street Fighter X Tekken, footage was shown of Ryu and Chun-Li's win quotes to Poison. Ryu said, "Your looks really can be deceiving. I'll be careful not to fall into your trap." Chun-Li then said, "You're not very lady-like at all! I felt like I was fighting against a guy...". After the footage was shown, and LGBT rights group contacted Capcom about Ryu and Chun-Li's win quotes to Poison, stating that it was really offensive to them and many other LGBT members. Capcom then changed Ryu and Chun-Li's win quotes to not revolve around Poison's gender.'

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I don't think Ryu's homophobic, nor do I think he was one of the characters with transphobic win quotes against Poison in ST X Tekken
I'm pretty sure Ryu is the kind of person who doesn't care what you are, just are you a good fighter? Cause if so he wants to challenge you, if not he'll just probably politely move on

Also I have a fun little game we could play. Its to come up with a tag line for the missing vets for if they returned as DLC in Smash 4, seeing as how the taglines for the DLC vets were related to the character in someway, the tagline also needs to apply to the vet in someway, like with Roy's tagline Seals the Deal, it was to do with the name of his sword, for Lucas' Comes out of Nowhere, it was to do with were he comes from and for Mewtwo's Strikes Back it had to with his move.

Here I'll go first:
:pichumelee:Electrifies the crowd
:younglinkmelee:Dawns his return
:popo:Climb back in
:pt:Wants to Battle
:squirtle:Pumps back up
:ivysaur:Whips the crowd
:wolf:Drops in
:snake:Kept you waiting, huh?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Why this isn't know by now?

It means nothing, the page is autogenerated, it will just tell the time you loaded it.

My firefox said multiple time so it just means nothing...
You are wrong about this. You must be checking the time that YOU loaded the page. I checked the time it was last modified, and the time stamp it gave me was about an hour and half before I loaded the page.

Last edited:

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I'm pretty sure Ryu is the kind of person who doesn't care what you are, just are you a good fighter? Cause if so he wants to challenge you, if not he'll just probably politely move on

Also I have a fun little game we could play. Its to come up with a tag line for the missing vets for if they returned as DLC in Smash 4, seeing as how the taglines for the DLC vets were related to the character in someway, the tagline also needs to apply to the vet in someway, like with Roy's tagline Seals the Deal, it was to do with the name of his sword, for Lucas' Comes out of Nowhere, it was to do with were he comes from and for Mewtwo's Strikes Back it had to with his move.

Here I'll go first:
:pichumelee:Electrifies the crowd
:younglinkmelee:Dawns his return
:popo:Climb back in
:pt:Wants to Battle
:squirtle:Pumps back up
:ivysaur:Whips the crowd
:wolf:Drops in
:snake:Kept you waiting, huh?
:wolf:Can't Let You Do That

Missed opportunity.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Leaked story details and BS Micro-Transactions that cost more than the damn game.
yet it still got 10 out of 10.....

Anyway I see nothing happened. Not surprised.
Also, anyone else think octolings are coming in the splatoon update?

And I still think we will have smash news soon...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
yet it still got 10 out of 10.....
Micro-Transactions weren't active at the time. Reviews were based solely on the single player which is what people should be getting an MGS game for.

Didn't the reviews indicate that the story and game was very good?
The story is apparently really polarising from what I've heard about the leaks. There's also the case of Konami running a Review Boot camp for MGS V reviews.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Didn't the reviews indicate that the story and game was very good?
Yea it did but the story and ending is gonna piss everyone off because of what it did.

And the micro transactions aren't holding the game back. I doubt we'll get Arkham Knight levels of salt unless the PC version is straight garbage and after GZ and MGR, that's not happening

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yea it did but the story and ending is gonna piss everyone off because of what it did.

And the micro transactions aren't holding the game back. I doubt we'll get Arkham Knight levels of salt unless the PC version is straight garbage and after GZ and MGR, that's not happening
Err...The only thing on the physical version of the PC version is an installer for Steam. Not a game, just Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom