• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Do you not have a 3DS, we could use Wii U if you want
I do have a 3DS, but I would have to add PenguinGamer's FC
And 3DS is way too laggy, but whichever you guys prefer can be it

Last edited by a moderator:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I do have a 3DS, but I would have to add PenguinGamer's FC
And 3DS is way too laggy, but whichever you guys prefer can be it
Shouldn't take too long, but the 3DS isn't laggy, it might actually run smoother than the Wii u
I call Mega Man

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

(Sorry for the usage of meme, but it was just set up so perfectly.)
It was meant to be a slight joke about the "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack"...

Oh it's Ushio from Ushio to Tora! He's in a transformed state though, so he doesn't usually look like that.
I see. Thanks.

Might consider watching that series. I've already read a synopsis and it seems interesting.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO. YOU ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT AND CREATED THE GREATEST DAY IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY. I'M TRYING TO THROW MY MONEY AT THE SCREEN, BUT IT ISN'T WORKING.

HOPEFULLY GAMESTOP ALLOWS YOU TO TRADE IN YOUR OLD NEW 3DS XL. I NEED ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS. FACEPLATES HERE I COME.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It says currently unannounced Nintendo console at the bottom
According to some posters on Neogaf, It originally said Nintendo Dreamcast. So, if anyone wants to know how seriously to take this, there it is.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm still on chapter 2
It's still not hard but Leaf has died twice already
I have a bunch of stuff to do with my recently acquired free time tho
And I'm terrible with multi tasking
Y Nuzlocke
Mess around with custom 3DS themes
Finish JoJo Part 2
Catch up with We Bare Bears and Star vs. The Forces of Evil
And finally, something that I had long forgotten from my childhood
I wonder if anyone even knows this
Coooourage and heart will not be lost or torn apa-a-art.
Together we will pull each other throooooough!

Bao....Zakeruga!

D

Deleted member

wow. i had no idea the New 3DS was coming to america.

I might go that route to save my pockets some space.

Chrono.

Well, Reggie did say "stay-tuned" in response to the standard N3DSes.

Glad to see he kept his word.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Nope. All Lamestop will do is this.

Best selling it to someone you know or maybe craigslist.
Well, that's a rip off. Maybe my local Disc Traders will have a better offer. I also was never planning on taking it to Gamestop anyway :p. They're always bad about these things.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you guys care found this looking around 4chan. Nice little luagh if you ask me
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308409096#p308411832
Here's the transcript in case it gets, :StrongBad: DELETED!

Ok my days at namco bandai are soon to be over.I suppose it's bad and wrong to tell my friend news about the upcoming smash news.I mean how was i suppose to know that i could fired by sharing news.Anyway i suppose you cant say this is my revenge in a sense.Anyway let me just tell you what i know

First 4 characters will be coming to smash as DLC.1 more veteran and than 3 characters from the ballot.So far the vet in work is wolf.Only due to the high demand in all 3 regions and how easy it is to use fox and falco bones and model as structure plus his specials being in the game.Nothing to do with star fox zero or anything just due to fan demand and how easy it is to make him.

Before i continue i must say i respect sakurai as a man.He's a hard worker and on the very few times i have talked to him he seems nice.Yes he has a mean side and can be pretty harsh it's coming from a good place.I say this because the man really is in pain when it comes to working on DLC.The constant pressure of doing something to please fans is really getting to him.Which is the main reason he made this ballot worldwide.So he can feel like he's making characters that fans want.Now the 3 characters left are characters chossen from the ballot each chosen from each region.So U.S,Europe,and Japan each get a character based on what sakurai feel will appeal fans and based on popularity

So the U.S. will be getting Shovel knight.Yes i know it's not a popular choice and sakurai really had to go agaisnt his moral code to add him but he felt that if this is what the U.S wants he'll add him to appeal fans.The character was leading the U.S. side of the ballot for the first 2 months and the workers of Nintendo America seemed to really talk him up but i feel reggie or bill had a play in convining Sakurai.From what i saw that have a moving and attacking shovel knight and seems to be working on his stage and balancing him.

Anyway Japan is Waddle dee or better know as Bandanna dee i size this up to a mixture of sakurai loving kirby and waddle dee being popular in both in Japan(were he is currently in the top 5 most voted) and The west(were he is in the top 12).I'm leaning more towards the sakurai loving kirby but anyway Sakurai seems to be taking his moveset from Return to Dreamland and Rainbow curse.I've been told that he's gonna be a glass cannon but that could change.
Last but not least it seems that Europe may be getting Dixie kong.Dixie is a pretty good character all over the world but Europe seems to haev the biggest DK support out there.And with sakurai not finding good moveset potiental in K rool.(which he hates himself for everyday from what i hear.He hates the fact that he couldn't make K rool a playable character seems to think he let his fans down and himself down) but he seems to be able to find something in Dixie.He working on her model currently.
I'll be free for the next couple of hours if you have any question i'll be happy to answer​

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here's the transcript in case it gets, :StrongBad: DELETED!

Ok my days at namco bandai are soon to be over.I suppose it's bad and wrong to tell my friend news about the upcoming smash news.I mean how was i suppose to know that i could fired by sharing news.Anyway i suppose you cant say this is my revenge in a sense.Anyway let me just tell you what i know

First 4 characters will be coming to smash as DLC.1 more veteran and than 3 characters from the ballot.So far the vet in work is wolf.Only due to the high demand in all 3 regions and how easy it is to use fox and falco bones and model as structure plus his specials being in the game.Nothing to do with star fox zero or anything just due to fan demand and how easy it is to make him.

Before i continue i must say i respect sakurai as a man.He's a hard worker and on the very few times i have talked to him he seems nice.Yes he has a mean side and can be pretty harsh it's coming from a good place.I say this because the man really is in pain when it comes to working on DLC.The constant pressure of doing something to please fans is really getting to him.Which is the main reason he made this ballot worldwide.So he can feel like he's making characters that fans want.Now the 3 characters left are characters chossen from the ballot each chosen from each region.So U.S,Europe,and Japan each get a character based on what sakurai feel will appeal fans and based on popularity

So the U.S. will be getting Shovel knight.Yes i know it's not a popular choice and sakurai really had to go agaisnt his moral code to add him but he felt that if this is what the U.S wants he'll add him to appeal fans.The character was leading the U.S. side of the ballot for the first 2 months and the workers of Nintendo America seemed to really talk him up but i feel reggie or bill had a play in convining Sakurai.From what i saw that have a moving and attacking shovel knight and seems to be working on his stage and balancing him.

Anyway Japan is Waddle dee or better know as Bandanna dee i size this up to a mixture of sakurai loving kirby and waddle dee being popular in both in Japan(were he is currently in the top 5 most voted) and The west(were he is in the top 12).I'm leaning more towards the sakurai loving kirby but anyway Sakurai seems to be taking his moveset from Return to Dreamland and Rainbow curse.I've been told that he's gonna be a glass cannon but that could change.
Last but not least it seems that Europe may be getting Dixie kong.Dixie is a pretty good character all over the world but Europe seems to haev the biggest DK support out there.And with sakurai not finding good moveset potiental in K rool.(which he hates himself for everyday from what i hear.He hates the fact that he couldn't make K rool a playable character seems to think he let his fans down and himself down) but he seems to be able to find something in Dixie.He working on her model currently.
I'll be free for the next couple of hours if you have any question i'll be happy to answer​
Region exclusive newcomers?

Yeah...I don't think anything needs to be said here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom