• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Those were some great matches
"RYU IS ALLOWED"
*cue 10 minutes of 'talk is cheap'*
I have to go now

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Here's the transcript in case it gets, :StrongBad: DELETED!

Ok my days at namco bandai are soon to be over.I suppose it's bad and wrong to tell my friend news about the upcoming smash news.I mean how was i suppose to know that i could fired by sharing news.Anyway i suppose you cant say this is my revenge in a sense.Anyway let me just tell you what i know

First 4 characters will be coming to smash as DLC.1 more veteran and than 3 characters from the ballot.So far the vet in work is wolf.Only due to the high demand in all 3 regions and how easy it is to use fox and falco bones and model as structure plus his specials being in the game.Nothing to do with star fox zero or anything just due to fan demand and how easy it is to make him.

Before i continue i must say i respect sakurai as a man.He's a hard worker and on the very few times i have talked to him he seems nice.Yes he has a mean side and can be pretty harsh it's coming from a good place.I say this because the man really is in pain when it comes to working on DLC.The constant pressure of doing something to please fans is really getting to him.Which is the main reason he made this ballot worldwide.So he can feel like he's making characters that fans want.Now the 3 characters left are characters chossen from the ballot each chosen from each region.So U.S,Europe,and Japan each get a character based on what sakurai feel will appeal fans and based on popularity

So the U.S. will be getting Shovel knight.Yes i know it's not a popular choice and sakurai really had to go agaisnt his moral code to add him but he felt that if this is what the U.S wants he'll add him to appeal fans.The character was leading the U.S. side of the ballot for the first 2 months and the workers of Nintendo America seemed to really talk him up but i feel reggie or bill had a play in convining Sakurai.From what i saw that have a moving and attacking shovel knight and seems to be working on his stage and balancing him.

Anyway Japan is Waddle dee or better know as Bandanna dee i size this up to a mixture of sakurai loving kirby and waddle dee being popular in both in Japan(were he is currently in the top 5 most voted) and The west(were he is in the top 12).I'm leaning more towards the sakurai loving kirby but anyway Sakurai seems to be taking his moveset from Return to Dreamland and Rainbow curse.I've been told that he's gonna be a glass cannon but that could change.
Last but not least it seems that Europe may be getting Dixie kong.Dixie is a pretty good character all over the world but Europe seems to haev the biggest DK support out there.And with sakurai not finding good moveset potiental in K rool.(which he hates himself for everyday from what i hear.He hates the fact that he couldn't make K rool a playable character seems to think he let his fans down and himself down) but he seems to be able to find something in Dixie.He working on her model currently.
I'll be free for the next couple of hours if you have any question i'll be happy to answer​
Being unable to find K.Rool a good moveset potential is impossible, especially when taking all his appearance as inspiration. Plus region exclusive newcommers make no sense.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Watch this maintinance patch be yet another Greninja nerf, a reversal of the Diddy nerfs and making it so Charizard has no lag on any of his moves, but all of his moves now do 1% damage. :p

Or be more Mii Costumes.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Small 3DS that I never cared about since the beginning hype.

Now nintendo fanbases will finally find other useless stuff to beg about.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Maintence:

-Added K. Rool as a DK costume. It's DK wearing K Rools skin
-Added Isaac as a Marth skin, sadly it's just him cosplaying
-Added Mario holding a huge sheet of paper with Paper Mario on it as an alt

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Watch this maintinance patch be yet another Greninja nerf, a reversal of the Diddy nerfs and making it so Charizard has no lag on any of his moves, but all of his moves now do 1% damage. :p

Or be more Mii Costumes.
Even after two straight patches of Greninja buffs, people are still not letting that nerf Greninja **** die?

Last edited:

Megaboyzzz

Smash Rookie
Here's the transcript in case it gets, :StrongBad: DELETED!

Ok my days at namco bandai are soon to be over.I suppose it's bad and wrong to tell my friend news about the upcoming smash news.I mean how was i suppose to know that i could fired by sharing news.Anyway i suppose you cant say this is my revenge in a sense.Anyway let me just tell you what i know

First 4 characters will be coming to smash as DLC.1 more veteran and than 3 characters from the ballot.So far the vet in work is wolf.Only due to the high demand in all 3 regions and how easy it is to use fox and falco bones and model as structure plus his specials being in the game.Nothing to do with star fox zero or anything just due to fan demand and how easy it is to make him.

Before i continue i must say i respect sakurai as a man.He's a hard worker and on the very few times i have talked to him he seems nice.Yes he has a mean side and can be pretty harsh it's coming from a good place.I say this because the man really is in pain when it comes to working on DLC.The constant pressure of doing something to please fans is really getting to him.Which is the main reason he made this ballot worldwide.So he can feel like he's making characters that fans want.Now the 3 characters left are characters chossen from the ballot each chosen from each region.So U.S,Europe,and Japan each get a character based on what sakurai feel will appeal fans and based on popularity

So the U.S. will be getting Shovel knight.Yes i know it's not a popular choice and sakurai really had to go agaisnt his moral code to add him but he felt that if this is what the U.S wants he'll add him to appeal fans.The character was leading the U.S. side of the ballot for the first 2 months and the workers of Nintendo America seemed to really talk him up but i feel reggie or bill had a play in convining Sakurai.From what i saw that have a moving and attacking shovel knight and seems to be working on his stage and balancing him.

Anyway Japan is Waddle dee or better know as Bandanna dee i size this up to a mixture of sakurai loving kirby and waddle dee being popular in both in Japan(were he is currently in the top 5 most voted) and The west(were he is in the top 12).I'm leaning more towards the sakurai loving kirby but anyway Sakurai seems to be taking his moveset from Return to Dreamland and Rainbow curse.I've been told that he's gonna be a glass cannon but that could change.
Last but not least it seems that Europe may be getting Dixie kong.Dixie is a pretty good character all over the world but Europe seems to haev the biggest DK support out there.And with sakurai not finding good moveset potiental in K rool.(which he hates himself for everyday from what i hear.He hates the fact that he couldn't make K rool a playable character seems to think he let his fans down and himself down) but he seems to be able to find something in Dixie.He working on her model currently.
I'll be free for the next couple of hours if you have any question i'll be happy to answer​
It's fake but i dont see how it's different than anything we talk about.It says 4 characters 1 vet and 3 characters consisting of the 3 most popular ballot picks from each region.A typical 4chan leak

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't even think a balance patch is coming. I think they announced the last time it was just a balance patch.

People are going to be wicked salty.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Quick question for you guys, there has been an actual Minecraft game announced for the Wii U, it is a spinoff though.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecraft-story-mode-confirmed-for-wii-u/1100-6430076/

Do you guys think Steve has a chance now. And do you think Banjo and Kazooie feels more possible now?
Banjo has been a pipedream from Day 1. We already had Phil Spencer's blessing, and this doesn't really change anything for B-K.

Steve's even less likely.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I don't even think a balance patch is coming. I think they announced the last time it was just a balance patch.

People are going to be wicked salty.

And that's just all the salt I'll produce alone.

Really though, I just hope we hear ANYTHING by TGS.

Soul.

eh, yeah I don't thnk a balance patch is coming. Maybe in 1.1.2 perhaps.
It has always been this way. Stuff ending in even numbers makes me think a balance patch is coming. However, if we do get a hypothetical 1.1.1, it's not going to be balance.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
...............Region specific DLC?

Welp, I think that's literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard in a "leak" in my entire life. Just... No.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So was it nothing all along then? Was there even a maintenance?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
We have 5 minutes until maintenance starts.

Then 2 hours of people saying "there could be something!"

And 1 day of people complaining that nothing happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom