• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I hate mosquitos, but do know that, them suddenly dying out just like that would be absolutely devestating to the earth. Lots of animals depends on them as food. :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because we all know what happened to the "most requested" karacter, right? :awesome:
Mega Man made it in the game though.

We know K.Roll is very popular but we have no idea if he was the top. Plus he still is possible.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also comparing Little Mac to Shovel Knig is really reaching, why?

Shovel Knight has great success in America and Europe and is planning a Japanese release and while both series are small there in Japan; Little Mac triumphs Shovel Knight bad, how bad? Simple

Which franchise still has mainstream notoriety even in 2015? Which is still recognized as famous NES games along with its Mario, Zelda, Duck Hunt, Metroid, Megaman and Castlevania.

You don't understand our love for Punch Out here, you guys really don't unless you're American, even Europe is half and half on the series

USA is the reason why he got in. We got Punch Out Wii as the first part of the first 3 Wii titles for download, we are the reason why it was part of the "Nintendo Selects" games here, there was a reason why there was a Smash commercial featuring him. Shovel Knoght wishes he had success like that

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Except it isn't. If the Shovel Knight Amiibo has been in development for over a year, I'm pretty sure that would've been a pretty big deal within Nintendo, and word would've had to have reached Sakurai about him, especially if Yacht Club had to go to Nintendo of Japan for the rights to make an amiibo and use Nintendo's amiibo technology. When you assume you make an *** out of u and me, and this assumption is purely ignorant. Remember what I said about some fans taking speculation as fact? Here we see a prime example. Some fans are so narrow minded that they can't possibly see Shovel Knight getting in, and believe any speculation as gospel if it's in support of their character. If you want to make Shovel look less likely use better facts. The sales of his games, his indie/third party status, etc. Don't use stupid assumptions because it just makes you look like you're grasping at straws to make Shovel Knight look less likely.
Except Sakurai probably doesn't work with the amiibos outside of the Smash ones, since he is contracted to work on only Smash bros 4 for Nintendo, so him not knowing about Shovel Knight is highly likely. It was Miyamoto who Yacht Club Games worked with on the amiibo not Sakurai, so you shouldn't assume that Sakurai worked on the Shovel Knight amiibo, since for all intends and purposes for when it comes to stuff that Nintendo works with besides Smash Bros he is an outsider, and he has no need to know about the other amiibos Nintendo is working on besides the Smash line.

D

Deleted member

Popular veteran with a new game coming out. Hell, unless Sakurai says otherwise, nothing will convince me Wolf was cut because of anything but time constraints
No character is cut because of something other than time constraints or technical limitations

D

Deleted member

Wait...You guys got S&P1 on VC first...GODDAMMIT I LIKED GETTING GAMES FIRST FOR ONCE

SNAAAAAAAAAAKE
We don't know when or why he was cut but I honestly doubt that Sakurai would ever think of not bringing a character back

Chrono.

Why wouldn't they bring Wolf back?
Just like it's been pointed out before, the way Sakurai talks about Roy and Lucas in the last Smash presentation really makes it seem like he chose 2 specific veterans to bring back, one from Melee and one from Brawl.

Of course there's Mewtwo but he's a character that dwarfed a huge number of characters in popularity for the longest time. The way he was handled for DLC was overall different (being free for those who bought both versions, being the sole DLC during the time, this all strikes as Nintendo using him as a way to test the waters of DLC)

I mean Wolf still has a chance but the ballot's all he's got.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
When we start comparing Shovel knight to little mac is when we start stretching.If shovel knight gets in he's probably a ballot character and he is defintely one of the more popular 3rd party ballot picks.He was one of main characters topping ballot picks at the start of the ballot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't understand why people are adverse to Shovel Knight. If people want an Indie character.
That right there. A lot of people DON'T want an Indie chaaracter, and those are the majority of the dissenters. The rest are fans of other Indie characters.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Konami and Nintendo had bad terms with eachother after Brawl iirc
Which is why snake eater 3d and that one castlevania game were released on 3ds, right
Which is why they obtained a license for an IP from konami recently, right?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Wait, I'm a little confused about all the "why would Wolf come back" stuff. Weren't Wolf and Lucas the two most requested veterans in a bunch of different Smash polls here and in Japan? I thought that was why almost everyone was sure Wolf was coming back.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Wait...You guys got S&P1 on VC first...GODDAMMIT I LIKED GETTING GAMES FIRST FOR ONCE

SNAAAAAAAAAAKE
Actually Snake may have been cut because of time constraints, negotiating a new licence for him may have been taking longer then expected to the point that Nintendo may have had to tell Konami that they'll have to stop the negations cause Smash 4 was starting to reach its release date, and they couldn't delay Smash 4, like they did with Brawl for Sonic, just for Snake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom