• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i'm super happy right now. I headed to the gamestop hoping to find some special little gem. And what do I find?

Metroid Prime Hunters. and it WASN't first hunt! Been looking for one. Now the only metroid games I'm missing are Other M (no), Fusion (eshop), and zero mission. . .
Freaking happy as hell right now :)

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I have 2 Amiibo, will making them battle also help? I may try Crazy Orders, because I've spent all my time on 3DS (have all custom moves there, not equipment) and so I barely have anything on there

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Sakurai isn't that crazy. You guys are making him out like he's a trollmaster, when really it's moreso unintentional. He isn't Ed Boon where he's intentionally screwing with everyone or Harada where he tells everyone if they don't like his ideas then go jump offa cliff
That was clearly a joke.

I didn't know you were secretly a part of the Fun Police.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Smash ballot is like a box of chocolates.
You never know what you're gonna get.
Like literally. Who are we getting. How many are we getting.
So many questions.
Never understood that expression. Don't chocolate boxes have different shaped chocolates and a guide so you don't eat one you're allergic to by accident or something?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Never understood that expression. Don't chocolate boxes have different shaped chocolates and a guide so you don't eat one you're allergic to by accident or something?
Some people don't bother to look at the inside of the cover and then complain when they don't like what they picked.

D

Deleted member

And don't most are just the same kind of chocolate put together in the same box?
A better analogy would be that the ballot is just like a Nuzlocke, you don't choose your partners, fate chooses them

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only chocolates I've never liked were the jelly filled ones. It's the same with doughnuts.

D

Deleted member

Hello guyz.

So, today is August the 29th, and it is also the day where :4shulk:, my most wanted ever, has been officially revealed 1 year ago to date.

And, while it doesn't focus on Shulk only but also on Smash in general, I've just made this topic for this occasion, which I cordially invite you to read, as I also tell something special but very significant to me.

Best regards !

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Mega Man doesn't stand out in his game neither does Mario. It's good to keep everything of one equal artistic value and not have it varied or else it looks a bit tacky.
Well, just to add my own food for thought, I would just say maybe because the dev team involved in making SK were a part of Wayforward before hand, maybe it's just a "force of habit" since Wayforward is known for their detailed animation quality for their character's sprites. Shantae on the GBC is a prime example of that, even for a GBC game.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Hello guyz.

So, today is August the 29th, and it is also the day where :4shulk:, my most wanted ever, has been officially revealed 1 year ago to date.

And, while it doesn't focus on Shulk only but also on Smash in general, I've just made this topic for this occasion, which I cordially invite you to read, as I also tell something special but very significant to me.

Best regards !
Ah the day everyone knew the ESRB leak was true.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hello guyz.

Best regards !
I don't think I've ever seen you before..I'm just curious, is this your first post here?

Also I hate chocolate

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nantendo, Wolfman_J, Soma and I wrote our reactions to the Shovel Knight rumor. My part is an expansion/ clean up of the post I wrote here, but their reactions are all new.

Also, I finally updated the Definitive Unused Fighter List to include that Brawl information Soma translated. Let me know if I missed anything.

We have a ton of stuff in the works. I literally spent 3 hours tonight just checking over other people's work. And no, I haven't worked on what characters are being requested in Japan all week. It's been very busy. Hope you can understand (please understand...PLEASE).

Stay tune for more posts/content :).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nantendo, Wolfman_J, Soma and I wrote our reactions to the Shovel Knight rumor. My part is an expansion/ clean up of the post I wrote here, but their reactions are all new.

Also, I finally updated the Definitive Unused Fighter List to include that Brawl information Soma translated. Let me know if I missed anything.

We have a ton of stuff in the works. I literally spent 3 hours tonight just checking over other people's work. And no, I haven't worked on what characters are being requested in Japan all week. It's been very busy. Hope you can understand (please understand...PLEASE).

You know, I find it funny how Heihachi was turned down, but we got Ryu instead.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As I said in the BD thread, I have nothing against Shovel Knight, he just doesn't seen realistic in terms of Smash.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Agreed. This isn't what I'd describe as a leak at all. I've been responsible for numerous leaks, and this is at best a rumour. There is reason to believe there might be some substance to it (and the amiibo thing at least proves there was something there if he doesn't get into Smash), but yes, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I kept unliking this post just so I could like it again.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Agreed. This isn't what I'd describe as a leak at all. I've been responsible for numerous leaks, and this is at best a rumour. There is reason to believe there might be some substance to it (and the amiibo thing at least proves there was something there if he doesn't get into Smash), but yes, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Do you know what your source is saying about this still?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If shovel knight got in i'm pretty sure he got in to rep indies.Something nintendo wants to take seriously so a indie is smash not something i'll be surprise about.I dont see why its such a big deal for an indie to be smash especially a popular one

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It sounds like you guys aren't as confident as before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm still 50/50 on this rumor but I think something is coming, I don't know what though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It sounds like you guys aren't as confident as before.
Personally speaking, my confidence in it is lower than what it was yesterday. But there's still good reason to believe in it.

One amiibo, multiple games

• We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.
-Source

Is a good sign for the rumor.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why don't we all hate on Angry Video Game Nerd for starting this whole YouTube mess?

We can poop on him for all the crap he gave us.
Which YT crap in particular? Retro reviews (Like Jontron Caddicarus ect) or Let's Playing (Pewdiepie, Game Grumps)

If the first one then yes, if the second one, that's Pewdiepie you wanna blame.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn Does the rumor explain why it was decided to include Shovel Knight before the ballot ended?
Who said anything about the rumor being pre-ballot?

I read that wrong sorry. Hold on.

No it doesn't explain why it was decided to include Shovel Knight before the ballot ended.
To be fair, the rumor is open ended. It could be a reveal for after the ballot.
About the ballot character.....

well assuming this is real (which is just more likely imo), this would have been likely anyway.

HOWEVER. did your sources SPECIFICALLY said ONE OF the voted ballot?

Because it might make this.....a bit interesting if he did.....
That is what they are claiming, yes.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Lets hate nintendo power for starting all this video game bias journalism ****!!!

oh wait...

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If shovel knight got in i'm pretty sure he got in to rep indies.Something nintendo wants to take seriously so a indie is smash not something i'll be surprise about.I dont see why its such a big deal for an indie to be smash especially a popular one
People who are against indie characters getting into Smash are against them because they are simply not iconic characters among a wider gaming audience when every single third-party character we got was iconic.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Which YT crap in particular? Retro reviews (Like Jontron Caddicarus ect) or Let's Playing (Pewdiepie, Game Grumps)

If the first one then yes, if the second one, that's Pewdiepie you wanna blame.
I meant gaming on YouTube in general.

Y'all seem to hate it so much, might as well bash what caused it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The main issue with video game journalism, is that it's a hobby-based journalism, and a lot of it relies on close relationships with publishers/ developers. Also, most people get into video game journalism because they are die-hard fans, and want to see their passion turn into a day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom