• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I hope at least Hector is in SMT x FE, I'd love to see what they would do with his design.
You're asking them to turn Hector into anime?
Isn't it already bad enough? You want him to suffer too?
The 3D version has some better parts than the original, but vice versa

Moral of the story,Cave Story has cool boss themes
The Core Battle theme is the best one imo
Followed by the Final Boss theme

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY TO YOU

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm sorry, but Cave Story's best music is the original soundtrack. Those remixes ain't nothin'.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
You're asking them to turn Hector into anime?
Isn't it already bad enough? You want him to suffer too?

The Core Battle theme is the best one imo
Followed by the Final Boss theme
How can you sue SMT x FE for being anime-esque when you have a character from Fire Emblem Fates as your avatar?

Kozaki turned FE into animu and waifu simulator. I blame everything on Kozaki.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY TO YOU
My God, the sandwich bread looks far too white and rubber to even pass as bread. It looks like someone just stook a little pinpoint into a toilet paper.

And the pizza has glue dripping off of it and is completely red. What's a cheese?

Cooking Mama really messed it up.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How can you sue SMT x FE for being anime-esque when you have a character from Fire Emblem Fates as your avatar?

You know, with all these criticisms about all these Nintendo franchises, I could see someone going full Sammyclassicsonicfan on the internet.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I know you are just putting these polls out for even characters you probably don't want and you just want a discussion on each. My responses are more or less directed at the characters than your post. Hope I don't say anything too blunt that offend you!

Azure - Definitely not. Gunvolt has nothing going for it in terms of deserving a slot in Smash. Sure it's on a Nintendo system and exclusive at that (exclusivity never matters though), but why would they ever ever put him in Smash? He's not a significant indie or third party character at all.

Back - Never. Not even in a million of years. I don't even care if his game sells a million and end up being a Nintendo exclusive somehow. Not only is he a soulless successor of an existing Smash character but he brings nothing to do the table. His game is not even out and Inafune is already trying to milk him for all it is worth, we don't need Sakurai to contribute to the problem. That and really, what reason is there for Beck to ever be considered? (I may or may not just be really bitter about Mighty No 9, but I cannot see what Beck would bring.)

Commander Video - Indifferent. At least he got a trophy. Dunno how he would play though, he seems limited. I'm still very iffy on indies for Smash tbh though.

Endou Mamoru - Ehhhh... I know it's popular in Japan, but I don't see them being Smash worthy at all. Feels too much of a random choice.

Jack Frost - IDK if Atlus is one for getting a Smash slot. Their relationship with Nintendo has been getting strong but I don't know if that says much. He's probably be a good choice as an Atlus rep, but Smash Bros caters more towards franchises than a mascot for a company.

Kalas - Indifferent. Don't know who that is other than he's from a first party Nintendo game.

Mappy - Nah. I think Pac-Man is good enough for 80s Namco representation. He even has Mappy's trampoline for his moveset. Pac-Man himself represents all of the 80s arcade Namco games. I feel Mappy would be a bit redundant, that and he isn't really iconic or notable.

She is certainly scarier than this He-Man rip-off.
Real talk, Ganondorf looks so weird in Smash 4. Like, something about his face looks really off. He sometimes looks a bit more goofy than really serious. It's more noticeable in his victory screens.

It makes for hilarious screenshots like this though LOL

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

As someone who has only seen the trailers for both, Fates still looked like it had the generic aesthetic of a Fire Emblem game even if the characters/designs looked Waifu-y. SMTxFE looks full blown Jpop/waifus/pretty flashing lights everywhere/etc.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Kalas - Indifferent. Don't know who that is other than he's from a first party Nintendo game.
it's actually unclear whether bamco or nintendo owns the series
it seems like bamco does though

Naoshi

So I'll just give my two cents on this matter real quick, even though I literally don't care:

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_(anime)

This was a thing in the 90's. Nothing is more anime than an actual anime.
I think we are aware of that, but I am pretty sure that isn't what they meant when things gets "too anime"...'

then again I hadn't paid much attention to the conversation so I don't know what I'm talking about... maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think we are aware of that, but I am pretty sure that isn't what they meant when things gets "too anime"...'

then again I hadn't paid much attention to the conversation so I don't know what I'm talking about... maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess I just don't see an argument in "too anime". I'm sure there are a lot of people who find the old Fire Emblem too anime as well, considering that the first thing Fire Emblem we got in the west was Marth and Roy in Smash with Japanese voices.

Naoshi

I guess I just don't see an argument in "too anime". I'm sure there are a lot of people who find the old Fire Emblem too anime as well, considering that the first thing Fire Emblem we got in the west was Marth and Roy in Smash with Japanese voices.
I think when people talk about "too anime", I think they are referring to things relying too much on anime cliches. At least, that's how I see it. I don't have a problem with anime itself, but cliches is a different issue all together.

I hope that clears it up.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Did you know that Fates may be the first M rated game in the series? (I know it was expected but trivia)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom