• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think when people talk about "too anime", I think they are referring to things relying too much on anime cliches. At least, that's how I see it. I don't have a problem with anime itself, but cliches is a different issue all together.

I hope that clears it up.
Yeah, I could understand that.

I've just had to hear the term so much throughout speculation since I supported Shulk (Mostly troll posts probably though), so it's just kinda a tired subject for me. Hope I didn't come off as a ****.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Who doubted that? He was always outrunning Sonic.
To be fair, that's only because Sonic is letting him get inside his mech. He's not even trying, which is why Eggman actually manages to get back in his mech... only to just end up getting defeated by Sonic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's the sream this secret stuff will be shown at?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't get the whole "anime swordsmen" joke that people tend to make a lot about the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk.

It's actually sorta funny how people usually use Captain Falcon as the "anti-anime" character, since there actually was an F-Zero anime, and to my knowledge, Marth is the only one of the "anime swordsmen" who's actually been in an anime.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
That CSS makes me wonder if there will be any other pieces of DLC involving the other knights....
King Knight and Specter Knight will also get their own campaign coming with the physical release in october
And of course will be an update for the ones who have the game already

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Meta Knight for Shovel Knight DLC

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Why did they delay it in NA, just why?
Coz it takes months to translate English to enlgish :troll:
#RehashedJokesFTW

I believe Specter Knight will be playable somewhere along the way.
You mean the one in red and wields that Scythe? (I think that's what its called anyway...)
That would be so cool :D

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't get the whole "anime swordsmen" joke that people tend to make a lot about the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk.

It's actually sorta funny how people usually use Captain Falcon as the "anti-anime" character, since there actually was an F-Zero anime, and to my knowledge, Marth is the only one of the "anime swordsmen" who's actually been in an anime.
It's really to do with the aesthetic designs of the FE and KI characters as well as Shulk.

Chrono.

King Knight and Specter Knight will also get their own campaign coming with the physical release in october
And of course will be an update for the ones who have the game already
Strange how we haven't seen gameplay of them at all. (unless I missed something)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yet Link looks just as "anime" as them and no one talks about him being an "anime swordsman".
Double standard due to the fact that Link and the Legend of Zelda franchise are insanely famous, which means they get off scot-free considering that a lot of the time the "anime" label is just used as an excuse to complain about "niche franchise characters getting overrepresented." No, really, that's all it comes back to - the "Not Deserving" argument.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeah, I could understand that.

I've just had to hear the term so much throughout speculation since I supported Shulk (Mostly troll posts probably though), so it's just kinda a tired subject for me. Hope I didn't come off as a ****.
Nah you honestly haven't at all. You are pretty civil about the discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom