• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Arle Nadja, Takamaru (yes the AT), Ray from Custom Robo, Bandana Dee/ Magolor, Ayumi Tachibani.

Out of those Bandana Dee is the most requested according to the data I have.

Or they could go with a character that's polled well in both regions and still call it the East choice. King K Rool, etc.
See, here's my theory: I feel like Shovel Knight in Smash could be used as a gateway to bring the franchise over there. Maybe they'll do the same here.
So what I'm thinking is maybe looking at a game series (or just a game) that is huge in Japan, but unknown/cult hit in the West.

Also, in terms of Takamaru, I can kinda see it, but as of right now I'd put that idea in the back (he's still an Assist, and whether or not Sakurai still sees him as unknown here is debatable).

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If I'm able to get in contact with Tamaki I'll invite you to the chat @ Neo Zero Neo Zero . Tonight is really busy my friend from the US is in town for only one more night. I'll see what I can do.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wow, I spend 3 hours on binge watching TBFP & SGB on YouTube and the thread is still the same about Butt Butt

We're going to be talking about this all week, huh. :facepalm:
Better get the coffee

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Wow, I spend 3 hours on binge watching TBFP & SGB on YouTube and the thread is still the same about Butt Butt

We're going to be talking about this all week, huh. :facepalm:
Better get the coffee
speaking of shovel knight i was watching some runbow gameplay and it showed how you unlock him
you have to do 10 butt slams to get the achivement "Butt Butt"

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If I'm able to get in contact with Tamaki I'll invite you to the chat @ Neo Zero Neo Zero . Tonight is really busy my friend from the US is in town for only one more night. I'll see what I can do.
Sure, I'll offer my mind to the discussions. Still catching up (been busy with converting the rankings over) but I'll happily dig.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, I feel like Ryu opened the floodgates.

He pretty much destroyed a good majority of rules fans came up with.

domokl

Smash Lord
If shovel knight is in the game I doubt he will blast the floodgates open that far. All his inclusion would mean is that indies are indeed able to be added which is granted still a somewhat big thing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just want more Nintendo characters please.

No more third parties unless it's Snake.

Just no more, wait your turn

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
you know whats weird?
there are people who have no problems with the game shovel knight but dont think he should be in smash
and yet earlier today i go on record saying that deapite my hatred for golden sun id be happy for isaac to be in

like isnt that backwards?

and yes i was being serious about me being happy if isaac got in even if i dont like the game hes in i cant deny he would be a fun and unique playstyle and who knows maybe he can convince me to give golden sun another shot

Chrono.

It's the reason why I'm much more open to supporting Tails, even though he's still a pipedream. Though even without Ryu I would still support him since he's been my most wanted since I was kid.
I do wonder if Wolf will be getting a redesign if he returns.
I mean if I was right the other day he will have an eye patch in SF Zero.
Maybe that's why he has taken so long.
Straw Grasping.
Pirate Wolf or riot. I really don't like his Brawl/Assault design, personally.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Been waiting for somebody to point this out. I know a lot of people nixing characters like Klonoa, Knuckles, Protoman, etc. specifically because they thought none of the 3rd parties would get a second rep before the others, and then Ryu happened.

Khoru

Smash Champion
you know whats weird?
there are people who have no problems with the game shovel knight but dont think he should be in smash
and yet earlier today i go on record saying that deapite my hatred for golden sun id be happy for isaac to be in

and yes i was being serious about me being happy if isaac got in even if i dont like the game hes in i cant deny he would be a fun and unique playstyle and who knows maybe he can convince me to give golden sun another shot
not... really?
it's possible to like games without them having to be in smash because they're tangentially related to nintendo

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The main character of a massively popular fighting game getting in when he just so happens to be from the same company as another third party in the game doesn't mean random Sonic character #2 is going to happen. I don't understand this leap in logic.

On Shovel Knight, as much as I liked his game, I still don't want him in. But I'm not opposed to it, I'm up for some shovelry.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
you know whats weird?

Not really.

People said they didn't like the idea of Shovel Knight had reasons that weren't inflammatory and were polite when expressing them.

Treating a franchise like its dirt and stating that it's an RPG for five year olds, saying Isaac is literally the worst written character ever and taunting the fans of said series by saying its entire existence is why Camelot can't make them anymore is just laughably spiteful.

Dude, I could care less if you like the game or not. It's when you go out of your way to **** on it where I have a problem.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Since there are a lot of people here now, I want to ask something.

Which character do you want to star in their own fan-made newcomer artwork?

Example:

I need some motivation to draw right now, so I'll try to get to as many as I can.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Not really.

People said they didn't like the idea of Shovel Knight had reasons that weren't inflammatory and were polite when expressing them.

Treating a franchise like its dirt and stating that it's an RPG for five year olds, saying Isaac is literally the worst written character ever and taunting the fans of said series by saying its entire existence is why Camelot can't make them anymore is just laughably spiteful.

Dude, I could care less if you like the game or not. It's when you go out of your way to **** on it where I have a problem.
i see your point and i shant do it again to be honest i wasnt going out of my way to **** on it....i know it seemed that way but truethfully everything i said was off the cuff but again i wont bring up my opinions on golden sun again or at the very least on smash boards

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Example:

I need some motivation to draw right now, so I'll try to get to as many as I can.
Mewtwo, Roy and Doc could be neat.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn : Do you need some help with anything regarding the skype call? I could document the information he has if you guys want.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
tfw Shovel Knight fits in with my in-progress theory post

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Example:

I assume it has to be a character actually in Smash? Even if we're talking about previous games, mind you. I'd love to see all the cut playable characters among the various Smash games. So Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, and Wolf.

If ones not already in the series, Brian from Quest 64. See my sig for how much I like him. >_>

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If Shovel Knight is really in, then maybe his inclusion has nothing to do with the ballot like Roy and Ryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom