• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, serious post now.

I was under the assumption prior to today that the characters would be released over an extended period of time as a part of marketing. It's been my guess that they developed all the DLC characters at once and just decided to spread releases out until the ballot content was released, where the ballot content would be the "end".

Now it seems like they actually are going to be releasing "Packs" and that Mewtwo was just the initial bonus character for buying both versions. I wouldn't be surprised if he was intended to be in the game from the start but wasn't finished in time: This might explain why he apparently may have had custom moves at one point.

So my best guess is that we're going to have at least one more "Pack" with 2-3 characters before ballot DLC comes. Beyond the hopeful expectations, I don't think it's believable that we'd go a year without Smash content. Additionally, I expect absolutely no Smash news at E3: I'm pretty sure Sunday's presentation was timed so they can have more room at their E3 direct for non-Smash content but still get out Smash content near E3 time.

I expect 1-2 veterans and 1-2 newcomers in some combination that amounts to 2-3. Lower expectations? Wolf and *insert newcomer here*. Higher? Wolf, Pichu, and *insert newcomer here*.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sorry, I was busy picking up my brain from the floor.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If we are lucky, we may have one more character for the digital event, making us reach five DLC characters.
However, I suppose we'll get Roy tomorrow and Ryu on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member

A bit of a jump, but look at Pokemon? Volcanion still hasn't been released and it's been what, two years?
GameFreak is also a second or third party studio that develops a first party game for Nintendo, They are not necessarily required to follow Nintendo's release schedules or methods

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So, serious post now.

I was under the assumption prior to today that the characters would be released over an extended period of time as a part of marketing. It's been my guess that they developed all the DLC characters at once and just decided to spread releases out until the ballot content was released, where the ballot content would be the "end".

Now it seems like they actually are going to be releasing "Packs" and that Mewtwo was just the initial bonus character for buying both versions. I wouldn't be surprised if he was intended to be in the game from the start but wasn't finished in time: This might explain why he apparently may have had custom moves at one point.

So my best guess is that we're going to have at least one more "Pack" with 2-3 characters before ballot DLC comes. Beyond the hopeful expectations, I don't think it's believable that we'd go a year without Smash content. Additionally, I expect absolutely no Smash news at E3: I'm pretty sure Sunday's presentation was timed so they can have more room at their E3 direct for non-Smash content but still get out Smash content near E3 time.

I expect 1-2 veterans and 1-2 newcomers in some combination that amounts to 2-3. Lower expectations? Wolf and *insert newcomer here*. Higher? Wolf, Pichu, and *insert newcomer here*.
If there is in fact a pack of three characters, then that would be kind of awesome, especially if they follow the formula of one Melee vet, one brawl vet and one newcomer. But what about the six Mario's in the data ?

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
If there is in fact a pack of three characters, then that would be kind of awesome, especially if they follow the formula of one Melee vet, one brawl vet and one newcomer. But what about the six Mario's in the data ?
Paper Mario
Baby Mario
Metal Mario
Gold Mario
Float Mario
Mario Mario

Shroob

Sup?
GameFreak is also a second or third party studio that develops a first party game for Nintendo, They are not necessarily required to follow Nintendo's release schedules or methods
There's also the possibility that they'd simply just stretch out the releases to keep hype building.

If they dump all the characters tomorrow, that basically means we won't be getting content for awhile after this. If there's still two dlc slots left in the data that do not have characters assigned to them yet, I feel like Nintendo would stretch out the releases to better pad the time in between.

D

Deleted member

I am really pleased with Roy's redesign. It's as good as his Awakening design and I had a feeling we'd be seeing some element of it in Roy's Smash 3DS & Wii U design. I'm also hoping Roy and Ryu releases tomorrow.

I'm also really liking some of these costumes. I might change my mind on Mii costumes after all.

Apparently the SF Logo and Ryu's stage.
I have to admit this looks very good. I look forward to playing on this stage.
Ugh, how am I supposed to go through my day and get anything done with all this hype?
I know. I was planning on cleaning my room today but now it looks like I'll be on here all day getting hyped over what we're likely getting tomorrow.
Why does Ryu sound like he's having a problem taking a ****?
Well to go even further the inklings are the only ones to not co-exist with their Amiibo box art they are two different poses.
And speaking of Amiibo.
I NEED LUCAS SOOOOO BADLY! I NEED MY BOY TO COME HOME WITH ME!!! :4lucas::4lucas::4lucas:

Plz don't do pre-order on Sunday or Monday PLZ. I need my boy so much.

Awww yeah!
I will admit, this picture is awesome. Should be saved for an eternity.
Okay this picture is just beautiful:

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!

This picture is simply too good for words to describe.

You ever get those moments were you just have to appreciate the little things in life.
Yeah I do. :')
What's that stage on the back ground? I don't recall seeing it before. Still, that picture is magnificent.
So if Roy/Ryu are coming this quickly, is it a safer bet that we're getting more characters than initially expected?

I find it very hard to believe that this'll be the last Smash character update for a year.
We might. I didn't see Roy and Ryu coming this soon so who knows we might get multiple ballot characters (not counting Wolf) after all.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, basically, this means they're coming out tomorrow.

Edit: ROY IS A SEMI CLONE CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Sakurai - "Bruh it takes time to make a character"
Iwata - "Saku you on acid you makin' four of d'em in six months"
Sakurai "Bruh"

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Roy actually looks good.

Geez with Ryu, Roy and Lucas I might have to drop one of my one billion mains.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
YES

ROY

RYU

LUCAS MY BOY

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
There are currently 6 cut vets, now if only those Mario place holders are for them

And The Poemon Trainer would get his own moveset based around HM Moves. So then we'd have all vets back

Edit: Whoops I missed calculated, theres actually 8 cut vets including Snake and the Pokemon Trainer

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There are currently 6 cut vets, now if only those Mario place holders are for them

And The Poemon Trainer would get his own moveset based around HM Moves. So then we'd have all vets back
Ryu took one of the placeholder spots, so no.

After this patch, there's two spots left. One is most likely for Wolf, the other I dunno.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Wait so what is Ryu's final smash? (the stream died before I could see Ryu) I'm asking because the trophy shows Shin Shoryuken, but he totally says "Shinku" and "Shin" in his audio files; which makes it sound like he has Shinku Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken. The only thing I can think of with him having both is if his Final Smash is Hado Kakusei which allows him to use powered-up versions of his moves. And then like... he can either do the input for Hadoken which does Shinku Hadouken or Shoryuken input to do Shin Shoryuken.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait so what is Ryu's final smash? (the stream died before I could see Ryu) I'm asking because the trophy shows Shin Shoryuken, but he totally says "Shinku" and "Shin" in his audio files; which makes it sound like he has Shinku Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken. The only thing I can think of with him having both is if his Final Smash is Hado Kakusei which allows him to use powered-up versions of his moves. And then like... he can either do the input for Hadoken which does Shinku Hadouken or Shoryuken input to do Shin Shoryuken.
Last I heard, it's a combo. You have to hit the first part before it goes into Shin Shoryuken.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Ryu took one of the placeholder spots, so no.

After this patch, there's two spots left. One is most likely for Wolf, the other I dunno.
Okay, I say let those spots go to Pichu and Wolf. Their the only 2 clone missing vets.

Please, No Wolf isn't a clone comments, his moveset is clearly based around Fox's, its just changed so he's more like a Luigi to Fox then a straight clone like Lucina

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, I say let those spots go to Pichu and Wolf. Their the only 2 clone missing vets.

Please, No Wolf isn't a clone comments, his moveset is clearly based around Fox's, its just changed so he's more like a Luigi to Fox then a straight clone like Lucina
Wolf is more likely than not getting one of the spots. The other one I dunno. It may be the ballot character, or it may be another newcomer.

Pichu I don't see very likely as getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom