• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Rythm heaven music though is weird, we have yet to see any rep, there;s still that sal maybe-not-so-wrong-leak so, I really don;t know, can he be our next newcomer?

^if that is the case, is it a positive sign for Paper Mario who has one stage and one music?
Uhh....no, it doesn't mean anything for either of them. It's just music tracks and a Mario stage.

The Rhythm Heaven music is for Miiverse.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Had to change my Avatar. It's mostly a placeholder until I get one of the Blue/Red alt or atleast I get the full render

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok, just came after seeing videos and hearing about stuff (I was wondering why so much people were in the irc at this time....).

Basically, the 6 marios we had before,

it;s mroe likely to all be pre ballot. I honestly didn;t expected both would release at the same time so, it gives a really likely possibility to have say one vet (wolf) and one newcomer (that I';m int he dark). The onyl other way is one pre ballot, but ONLY one after, that is very unlikely so for me, the 6 marios slots are clearly not definning every slots and I think it's likely they were already planned.

Which leads me to my next observation: we don;t have much ideas how many will be chosen after ballot.

Meaning that in the end, I do consider it gives more chances to msot characters because they can have the ballot.

Because kkr and Paper Mario now becomes more possible, I think it does mean that I can hope for Paper Mario (assuming a game is announced at E3).

Rythm heaven music though is weird, we have yet to see any rep, there;s still that sal maybe-not-so-wrong-leak so, I really don;t know, can he be our next newcomer?

^if that is the case, is it a positive sign for Paper Mario who has one stage and one music?

TOO MUCH INFORMATIONS!!!!

View attachment 56453

:)
Rhythm Heaven Music?
Where?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Uhh....no, it doesn't mean anything for either of them. It's just music tracks and a Mario stage.

The Rhythm Heaven music is for Miiverse.
miiverse?

what a weird stage to have these.....

Though, the reason I say this is because of how the repping for that series seems to be a lot. Smash run and now music.

But now that you mention it, that music wouldn;t be really distinctive without its own stage.....

so, yeah....but it doea lead me to wonder, who the heck is our next newcomer if before ballot (which I think is a bit mroe likely).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Miiverse just has so many weird song choices.

Come to think of it, it has so many songs.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
miiverse?

what a weird stage to have these.....

Though, the reason I say this is because of how the repping for that series seems to be a lot. Smash run and now music.

But now that you mention it, that music wouldn;t be really distinctive without its own stage.....

so, yeah....but it doea lead me to wonder, who the heck is our next newcomer if before ballot (which I think is a bit mroe likely).
Thing is, Smash doesn't count Paper Mario as its own series. It's under the Mario umbrella, just like Dr. Mario is. So it's not really "they're repping the Paper Mario series" as much as it is "they're using Paper Mario content to rep the Mario series".

Miiverse just has so many weird song choices.

Come to think of it, it has so many songs.
To be fair, there's not much they could give it that wouldn't be weird.

It's a stage based off of a website.

The only tracks that would really make sense would be meme songs, Smash Mouth, and Dragon Ball Z music.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Thing is, Smash doesn't count Paper Mario as its own series. It's under the Mario umbrella, just like Dr. Mario is. So it's not really "they're repping the Paper Mario series" as much as it is "they're using Paper Mario content to rep the Mario series".
I know that, I also know that this pretty much shouldn;t change anything to his chances.

becasue it;s not series rep that I basically rely on, it';s more "what part of the series it rep". rosalina doesn't rep mario the same way as the other mario series characters.

So, for me, own series or not, the chances are still decent (I will admit, it would be very likely if it was own series, but at this point, even without, it doesn;t break anything to put him as mario series).

My claim was relativism. Rhythm heaven having a music (and I thought it actually implied soemthing else, but I forgot about miivrse there) with that sal leak, I thought it meant soemthing.

Which is why I applied this to Paper Mario's case, but I guess it's all pointless now.

Anyway, these stuff happens when you have too much new informations to take (litterally, it took me days to rationalise after the stage was announced and I still regret that i failed to).

domokl

Smash Lord
Those two Mario slots seem more likely to have been for pre ballot characters now that we know that ryu and roy are most likely coming tomorrow. One could be released in august and the other right as the ballot is closed and they start making those characters.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Those two Mario slots seem more likely to have been for pre ballot characters now that we know that ryu and roy are most likely coming tomorrow. One could be released in august and the other right as the ballot is closed and they start making those characters.
And I think the two are Wolf and a Rhythm Heaven character.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Well there is Dr. Mario music on Flat Zone X, so does that mean he is disconfirmed too?

If anything, having RH music in general is a point in the Chorus Kids' favor since Nintendo is actually acknowledging the franchise's existance. If Chorus Kids hypothetically get revealed, theres always the possibility there just isn't a RH stage. And if there is, theres plenty more of amazing music they can choose. Saying that some songs from the series being on Miiverse crushes the chances of a character is just silly.
I'm referring to them being cut indev

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The way Paper Mario is bundled with Mario only really effects his chances in the way that he has competition from Toad/Captain Toad, Koopa Troopa and any other viable Mario choices.

Then again, if Paper Mario was ever added, it could be that he got his own franchise logo then. There's not much point in giving Paper Mario a separate logo if we're only talking about a stage and a couple trophies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The way Paper Mario is bundled with Mario only really effects his chances in the way that he has competition from Toad/Captain Toad, Koopa Troopa and any other viable Mario choices.

Then again, if Paper Mario was ever added, it could be that he got his own franchise logo then. There's not much point in giving Paper Mario a separate logo if we're only talking about a stage and a couple trophies.
there;s nothing wrong to add him WITHOUT the logo.

It;s not like "he NEEDS the logo to be added".

For me, this question didn't matter since a long time ago......

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Yaaaaas! It's finally official! Our boy returns!!!!!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
this has been a crazy week.Thank god we survived without any casulites.Nintendo and all other game companies please try to hold or stuff in E3 is literally 2 days away

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
So can I ask a curious question here?
What would the all star line up look like if all veterans returned.
I am thinking right one of the parts will extremely challenging on hard.
1980-1984: :4gaw::4pacman::4mario::4dk::4luigi::4littlemac:

1984-1986: :4duckhunt::popo::4rob::4peach::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4samus:

1986-1990::4pit::4palutena::snake:Ryu:4megaman::4marth::4drmario::4yoshi::4falcon:

1991-1993::4sonic::4kirby::4dedede::4wario::4fox::4falco::4metaknight:

1994-1999::4ness::4diddy::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::squirtle::ivysaur::wolf::younglinkmelee::4sheik::4ganondorf::pichumelee:

2001-2006::4villager::4olimar::roymelee::4bowserjr::4tlink::4zss::4myfriends::4lucas::4lucario:

2007-2013::rosalina::4wiifit::4shulk::4darkpit::4robinm::4lucina::4greninja:

Don't believe I've missed any anyone. Pichu was a weird one because his debut appearance (1999) didn't fit in any of the columns so I extended 1994-1998 to 1994-1999.

Also you were right, 1994-1998 would be a real pain with all the veterans added in.:p

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ryu and Roy are clearly finished and ready to go. It'd be ridiculous if they weren't released with Lucas.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd be surprised if they didn't. Roy's clearly in tomorrow's update in full.
So is Ryu, but just because they're on the disc, doesn't mean that they'll be available. Then there's the whole Fire Emblem concert in July with special guest Sakurai.

Chrono.

So is Ryu, but just because they're on the disc, doesn't mean that they'll be available. Then there's the whole Fire Emblem concert in July with special guest Sakurai.
But what's the point of holding them back if they're done? Unless you're Capcom, that's asnine.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
So, I told my friend about the leaks...
Needless to say, he isn't very happy about the surprise being spoiled. And I can't blame him for that.
Then he suggested that Sakurai just not release Roy and Ryu and instead release Goku and Kanye

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
1980-1984: :4gaw::4pacman::4mario::4dk::4luigi::4littlemac:

1984-1986: :4duckhunt::popo::4rob::4peach::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4samus:

1986-1990::4pit::4palutena::snake:Ryu:4megaman::4marth::4drmario::4yoshi::4falcon:

1991-1993::4sonic::4kirby::4dedede::4wario::4fox::4falco::4metaknight:

1994-1999::4ness::4diddy::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::squirtle::ivysaur::wolf::younglinkmelee::4sheik::4ganondorf::pichumelee:

2001-2006::4villager::4olimar::roymelee::4bowserjr::4tlink::4zss::4myfriends::4lucas::4lucario:

2007-2013::rosalina::4wiifit::4shulk::4darkpit::4robinm::4lucina::4greninja:

Don't believe I've missed any anyone. Pichu was a weird one because his debut appearance (1999) didn't fit in any of the columns so I extended 1994-1998 to 1994-1999.

Also you were right, 1994-1998 would be a real pain with all the veterans added in.:p
Wasn't there more all star stages in the data mine? If so, they'll probably just reorganize it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, at least I won't have to do a dramatic reading of any sorts

:troll:

Do gotta say, waking up to this on the front page was...interesting. And the 20-ish pages to read were fun.

Definitely hyped to see a Zero Mii Costume, I have to get eShop Money soon (I haven't even bought the first Mii costume pack :I), while I'm at it I'll probably pick up Splatoon.

Gosh, so far we've gotten Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, and it hasn't even been a year since the game released. What/Who do you think we're going to get next? Are any other characters besides Roy and Ryu going to be announced in the direct? Practically any character is valid, considering that they're adding Ryu, even when Sakurai said they wouldn't include fighting game characters...

SO MANY QUESTIONS, SO MUCH POTENTIAL HYPE, AAAAAGGGGHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom