• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai said he wouldn't add a fighting game character.

Ryu 's in. Sakurai is a liar.

Ridley is in a fighting game.

Guys. Guys. Guys.

He didn't actually say that, he said something different and the community twisted it to mean that.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
He didn't actually say that, he said something different and the community twisted it to mean that.
The Smash community twisted Sakurai's words to mean something they didn't?

HA. When have they ever done that?

#upuntilnow

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Sakurai said he wouldn't add a fighting game character.

Ryu 's in. Sakurai is a liar.

Ridley is in a fighting game.

Guys. Guys. Guys.

If anything, it means that he, like most human beings, can change his mind on subjects.
So who knows, if you vote Ridley enough... maybe.
At the very least it could influence what happens when Smash 5s roster will be conceptualized.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I have a mutual friend with Etika, so I can't really talk **** about him because I know he personally is a cool dude.

But his reactions are way overdone. He purposefully didnt wear pants during the April Direct so he could make a funnier reaction.

I don't think building a channel off of screaming like a child is a good idea.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So:

-Rythm Heaven music for Miiverse. #rip Chorus Kids
-No Guile's Theme. I"m actually mad.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guile's theme goes with everything.

- Except Ryu's stage in Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh yeah, will the site's background be updated to change Project M Roy to SSB4 Roy?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That's what's popular now, unfortunately.
Yep.

I can assure you that he is a really nice guy outside of his character.

From experience, I can tell you that if you want to make a Nintendo based channel you need to know how to appeal to the "Nintendo kids" on youtube. The 7-13 year old range. He's got that figured out.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yep.

I can assure you that he is a really nice guy outside of his character.

From experience, I can tell you that if you want to make a Nintendo based channel you need to know how to appeal to the "Nintendo kids" on youtube. The 7-13 year old range. He's got that figured out.
I have nothing against him as a person, and I'm sure he is a nice guy.

I just don't like his material, and I think it's a shame that one of the major faces of Smash on Youtube has to be another screaming PewDiePie scarecam guy.

D

Deleted member

I have nothing against him as a person, and I'm sure he is a nice guy.

I just don't like his material, and I think it's a shame that one of the major faces of Smash on Youtube has to be another screaming PewDiePie scarecam guy.
I don't know about anyone else, but I always liked PewDiePie for his legit reactions and his normal commentary, I never liked when he would just scream, but his content around that was usually good

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, the fact that we might be getting 3 characters makes me curious to see who's gonna be the next Little Mac/Mewtwo of online.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
PewDiePie types are so popular that PewDiePie himself has been featured on South Park.

SOUTH PARK.

It's a little...ridiculous.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know, the fact that we might be getting 3 characters makes me curious to see who's gonna be the next Little Mac/Mewtwo of online.
Ryu because Hadouken spam. Just like all of the other games Ryu is in where newbies constantly do that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Inklings are receiving trophies identical to their amiibo pose(not sure if it's like the official art though) as DLC.
It's not looking good for them
They were dead for Pre-Ballot DLC the minute their Mii Fighter Costumes were announced. That made it obvious the developers aren't planning to have them as DLC.

There's still hope if they do really well in the ballot, which they may.

D

Deleted member

I'm worried because I only have about $11 in the E-Shop and I can't buy any E-Shop cards.
*prays for a bundle*

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's now kind of obvious it either doesn't take as long as Sakurai says to develop characters, or these characters have been in the works for a LONG time.

Then again, there's also the fact that half of the DLC characters we have are clones, so that probably makes a difference.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's now kind of obvious it either doesn't take as long as Sakurai says to develop characters, or these characters have been in the works for a LONG time.

Then again, there's also the fact that half of the DLC characters we have are clones, so that probably makes a difference.
The team is probably bigger than we think it is. Nintendo have a lot riding on continuing support of Smash Bros.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Whatever happened to that "Smash 6" thing? Can we just assume that was them asking for a bigger team to work on DLC?

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, but let's not forget there's most likely a pretty lengthy legal and/or political song-and-dance, whether the character be first party or not. So many rings to kiss, so many blessings to obtain and so many egos to deal with to get the concept from proposal to finished deliverable. Then let's not forget the degree to which Sakurai allegedly tends to overcomplicate. The "development" portion is really only a part of the process.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So:

-Rythm Heaven music for Miiverse. #rip Chorus Kids
-No Guile's Theme. I"m actually mad.
Well there is Dr. Mario music on Flat Zone X, so does that mean he is disconfirmed too?

If anything, having RH music in general is a point in the Chorus Kids' favor since Nintendo is actually acknowledging the franchise's existance. If Chorus Kids hypothetically get revealed, theres always the possibility there just isn't a RH stage. And if there is, theres plenty more of amazing music they can choose. Saying that some songs from the series being on Miiverse crushes the chances of a character is just silly.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
My body wasn't Ready ...

Same for my wallet ...

My Eshop acount have now 14.97 Euro who are waiting to disapear Tomorow ...

It's the most bieutiful day in my Smasher Life ...

Roy mah Boy ... :roymelee::roypm:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So if King Dedede plays in the DreamLand 64 stage. Will Alfonzo-- *Shot*

Anyway, can't wait for tomorrow, hopefully it's priced well enough for me to afford it all in one go. c:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, just came after seeing videos and hearing about stuff (I was wondering why so much people were in the irc at this time....).

Basically, the 6 marios we had before,

it;s mroe likely to all be pre ballot. I honestly didn;t expected both would release at the same time so, it gives a really likely possibility to have say one vet (wolf) and one newcomer (that I';m int he dark). The onyl other way is one pre ballot, but ONLY one after, that is very unlikely so for me, the 6 marios slots are clearly not definning every slots and I think it's likely they were already planned.

Which leads me to my next observation: we don;t have much ideas how many will be chosen after ballot.

Meaning that in the end, I do consider it gives more chances to msot characters because they can have the ballot.

Because kkr and Paper Mario now becomes more possible, I think it does mean that I can hope for Paper Mario (assuming a game is announced at E3).

Rythm heaven music though is weird, we have yet to see any rep, there;s still that sal maybe-not-so-wrong-leak so, I really don;t know, can he be our next newcomer?

^if that is the case, is it a positive sign for Paper Mario who has one stage and one music?

TOO MUCH INFORMATIONS!!!!

super-paper-mario-4e2620f5e604c.png

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom