• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wait, I just realized.

@ TheAnvil TheAnvil may have been right the whole time about Lucas being bundled with Roy and Ryu.

He's a prophet and no one can tell me otherwise.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want Magicant for the Wii U version. Though fourside for both could maybe work.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If Yoshi's Island 64 comes back, then that would kind of disprove my (very loose) theory about no DLC stages reusing songs. Considering that song is in that Melee Yoshi Island stage I think.
Never mind then. :laugh:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Who knows maybe they'll disprove my theory and then end up making these stages anyways.

With that said though, I think they can at the very least make some Melee stages that weren't in Brawl. That didn't stop them with the N64 stages, (although N64 gets a pass for being a lot quicker to re-create). Not saying it's likely, but I think it can happen, as long as they're willing to go out of their way to recreate past non-64 stages.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
The best part about this is literally all of the smash e3 leaks have been silenced at once as none of them said ryu and roy were releasing with lucas.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Your theory has been busted by the Leakbusters :p
Ehhhh, my theory is still alive, really.

There's still no 64 stages that weren't in Melee, and no Melee stages that weren't in Brawl (unless you count the Flat Zone 1 section of Flat Zone X, which is debatable).

The best part about this is literally all of the smash e3 leaks have been silenced at once as none of them said ryu and roy were releasing with lucas.
That's not really saying much, since all of the Smash E3 leaks were horrible and no sane person believed any of them.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I doubt music is going to have a huge impact on re-using stages. But FoD would need to be recreated. I think we MIGHT get a recreated melee stage, but FoD seems more distant now.

I'm shocked that there's no New Pork City. That seemed like a given with Lucas and 8 player smash.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I hope we get the Yoshi 64 stage, was one of my favorite.
And the StarFox stage which is on 3DS too.

Naoshi

I hope Big Blue, Pokemon Stadium 1 and maybe Green Greens all come back.

Along with the 3DS Melee stages for Wii U.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well I just heard the news. And I haver to say. I really love Roy's model.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
This is fantastic, but...

...I'm disappointed that his name is pronounced "Ree-oo." I have always been (probably) wrong and will forever prounounce it "Rye-oo"

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I doubt music is going to have a huge impact on re-using stages. But FoD would need to be recreated. I think we MIGHT get a recreated melee stage, but FoD seems more distant now.

I'm shocked that there's no New Pork City. That seemed like a given with Lucas and 8 player smash.
I was about to say it's probably because a good 95% of players hated New Pork City, but then I remembered that 75m managed to return.

*wakes up later than I ever have in my life after being sick earlier in the night*
*logs on wonderfing why the hell we jumped 10 pages

. . . . . oh my god.

This is absolutely amazing. No more arguing about them. Ryu and especially roy look incredible and im maining at least roy and probably ryu.

what a wonderful thing to wake up top after feeling like ****.

our boy is back in town our boy is back in town.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If New Pork City does come back, I'm only playing the Omega version.

There's no way I'm playing that stage ever again.

Naoshi

If the "stage song deconfirms stage" theory is true, Jungle Japes is the only one that has an actual chance of being on Wii U.
Yeah, that's why I'm honestly hoping for my theory to be totally wrong. There is nothing stopping them from a technical side of things, considering it has been proven that stages can indeed share songs like Big Battlefield and Battlefield do. They both share all the same songs, and all have their own My Music configuration separate without causing any programming conflict.

The real thing stopping them is their own decisions or possibly resource and time.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, that's why I'm honestly hoping for my theory to be totally wrong. There is nothing stopping them from a technical side of things, considering it has been proven that stages can indeed share songs like Big Battlefield and Battlefield do. They both share all the same songs, and all have their own My Music configuration separate without causing any programming conflict.

The real thing stopping them is their own decisions or possibly resource and time.
Not to mention the Menu theme....

You're on to something, Naoshi! :smirk:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Am I the only one that thinks Ryu's voice in this game sounds a lot like Chrom?

His normal speaking voice, obviously. Not his voice when he's screaming "HADOUKEN SHORYUKEN HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SUPER SAIYAN 8 GOOOOOOOOO FUSIOOOOOOON HAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
*wakes up later than I ever have in my life after being sick earlier in the night*
*logs on wonderfing why the hell we jumped 10 pages

. . . . . oh my god.

This is absolutely amazing. No more arguing about them. Ryu and especially roy look incredible and im maining at least roy and probably ryu.

what a wonderful thing to wake up top after feeling like ****.

our bot is back in town our boy is back in town.
I know the feeling on feeling sick.
I felt like crap yesterday and now this.
It truly lifted my spirits.

And if NPC comes back, Well I can get my glorious little dancing song back.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
So I just spent the past hour catching up with all the news on this leak after waking up to 38 notifications. Holy crap, I can't even believe this much got leaked in so little time. :crazy:

I wonder how things are going down at Nintendo HQ...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Does anyone know where I can download the full Smash Bros sountrack? I own the disc but obviously the songs aren't all on that, and I don't really want to open it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Come to think of it, the newcomer reveal trailers are also in the Wii U version and since we've also seen the victory video's of Lucas, Ryu and Roy. Does this mean that Ryu (and as extension, any other newcomer DLC) will not have a CGI trailer?

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if that was the case, but still...

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Does anyone know where I can download the full Smash Bros sountrack? I own the disc but obviously the songs aren't all on that, and I don't really want to open it.
i have the soundtrack across all the games but the musicians aren't tagged and i'm gonna wait a day or two so i can add the dlc songs

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If New Pork City does come back, I'm only playing the Omega version.

There's no way I'm playing that stage ever again.
The omega version is the reason why I want it back. The visuals and the music was what I loved about that stage, it's horrible to play on though.

Better than Palutena's temple at least.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Sakurai said he wouldn't add a fighting game character.

Ryu 's in. Sakurai is a liar.

Ridley is in a fighting game.

Guys. Guys. Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom