• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Seriously guys, you just assume the Inkling isn't going to happen because it gets a trophy in a update?

You sound like the guys who said Mewtwo wouldn't be DLC because he already had a trophy in the game.

The ballot could still make them happen. Them recieving a trophy only really means that Sakurai is aware of them.
The difference is that the Mewtwo trophy was in the base game.

This Inkling trophy is being sent out as DLC. If there were plans to make them as DLC, they wouldn't just ship out this trophy now. It'd be saved for character's release.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Has anyone gotten into the 3DS files just yet, or was it just the Wii U's fault this time?

It'd be hilarious if the 3DS files did the same thing they did for Royu for some other veteran/newcomer combo.
Nothing else was found in the Wii U version, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Inklings are receiving trophies identical to their amiibo pose(not sure if it's like the official art though) as DLC.
It's not looking good for them

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

This Inkling trophy is being sent out as DLC. If there were plans to make them as DLC, they wouldn't just ship out this trophy now. It'd be saved for character's release.
Actually

you bring up a solid point... Only one counter I have in mind is just an Inkling trophy just being a quick advertisement for Splatoon, as making a trophy is quick work.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Actually

you bring up a solid point... Only one counter I have in mind is just an Inkling trophy just being a quick advertisement for Splatoon, as making a trophy is quick work.
Except they have the Mii Gunner costume for that purpose.

Can anyone tell what's been data-mined so far?
I want to see everything.
What files were found?
Roy, Ryu, Ryu's Stage, Dream Land 64, Music tracks (Remixes of Ryu and Ken's SF2 themes), Inkling Girl Trophy, Ken Trophy, Sets of trophies for Roy/Ryu/Lucas, A bunch of Mii costumes (Megaman.EXE, Zero, Akira, Heihachi, Isabelle).

@ Burb Burb i have your favorite thing in the world
Not gonna click it, but I'm guessing he acted hammy and was completely unfunny as usual.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Still doesn't mean that they won't happen. After all the Ballot proves this.

And just to make it clear I don't really care if they happen or not. But it was getting annoying how everyone was assuming they wouldn't happen just because they have a trophy in the game now.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Still doesn't mean that they won't happen. After all the Ballot proves this.

And just to make it clear I don't really care if they happen or not. But it was getting annoying how everyone was assuming they wouldn't happen just because they have a trophy in the game now.
My condolences.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Well since they are short, here are some gif versions of the videos:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
two Marth clones
three critical hits
this can only mean…

it's happening

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

This is seriously so good, it deserves to be posted again.

Whoever composed this is an epic mastermind.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know what upsets me a bit? The fact that DLC stages are liekly not going to be version specific. This means that stages like New Pork City (which I want for 8 player Smash) are not very likely.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I wake up to find that apparently the next post was going to be about Roy and Ryu. Geez, I missed much for sleeping at the last minute.

Also, I knew Roy was going to look much different than people pictured him. He's lost those floating hair bangs of his from Melee that everyone pictured him with. Regardless, he looks pretty awesome with the hybridization of his original art and his Awakening art.

Naoshi

Except they have the Mii Gunner costume for that purpose.
Good point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not really bummed out by any of this. I always thought Inklings had a better chance at 5 than DLC. That just saves us more characters for the next game.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
So what are people expecting for dlc now that we have seen how many characters the team can pump out? more? less? the same?

Naoshi

You know what upsets me a bit? The fact that DLC stages are liekly not going to be version specific. This means that stages like New Pork City (which I want for 8 player Smash) are not very likely.
Miiverse? Granted it is a free stage so it may not count.

I'll accept this possible tradeoff though. I was worried about Dreamland 64 being 3DS only, I want it on the Wii U version as well.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nothing else was found in the Wii U version, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow.
(So far):
Boxing Ring names
Unlock messages for characters + stages
In game tips for moves and stages

Naoshi

So far the only DLC stage for an existing franchise doesn't use any songs already in the game, not even the song from the Melee remake of said stage (Green Greens) when that fits 100% perfectly for it.

Yeah, I guess FoD's future isn't looking too good now... Along with other past stages that had their songs used elsewhere

Maybe I'm writing it off too early, but I can't help it lol

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So far the only DLC stage for an existing franchise doesn't use any songs already in the game, not even the song from the Melee remake of said stage (Green Greens) when that fits 100% perfectly for it.

Yeah, I guess FoD's future isn't looking too good now...
Pretty much. Sad, too, but DL64 is legit.

I just wanna say, by thew way: Called it that the Wii U/3DS DLC stages would be the same.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not surprised Fountain of Dreams isn't returning. All the Melee stages in SSB4 were ones that were in Brawl.

And with Dream Land confirmed and Kongo Jungle already on Wii U, it seems all the 64 stages in SSB4 are ones that were in Melee.

Don't be surprised if Yoshi's Island 64 pops up down the road.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What is the URL to your blog sir pushdustin?
sourcegaming.wordpress.com

Still going through the text. No other new videos, so I'm unsure that we will get a CGI trailer tomorrow. Probably something like Lucas' trailer.

Naoshi

I'm not surprised Fountain of Dreams isn't returning. All the Melee stages in SSB4 were ones that were in Brawl.

And with Dream Land confirmed and Kongo Jungle already on Wii U, it seems all the 64 stages in SSB4 are ones that were in Melee.

Don't be surprised if Yoshi's Island 64 pops up down the road.
If Yoshi's Island 64 comes back, then that would kind of disprove my (very loose) theory about no DLC stages reusing songs. Considering that song is in that Melee Yoshi Island stage I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom