• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Friends are constantly asking what my type of men/women is and I'm afraid to answer the truth
So, JoJo's Bizar Adventure, Dub or Sub? The dub looks pretty impressive
Sub
'Cause we're all a bunch of weebs
Though I don't know much about the dub
The Shovel Knight thing is just a goof on that retailers part. The image has been circulating for a while now. The other images show actual amiibos in their box, the Shovel Knight one is a 3D model. It's not that difficult to make a mistake like this, I'm sure someone just emailed them and asked why it wasn't included and they simply added it without doing any research. Is this even a major retailer? Anyone can open a storefront website.
Placeholders are a thing, the retailer wouldn't have a real pic of an unexisting amiibo(since if true, it hasn't been made yet, only confirmed)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Friends are constantly asking what my type of men/women is and I'm afraid to answer the truth

Sub
'Cause we're all a bunch of weebs
Though I don't know much about the dub

Placeholders are a thing, the retailer wouldn't have a real pic of an unexisting amiibo(since if true, it hasn't been made yet, only confirmed)
You don't know about the dub?!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
True, but I don't see why they'd use fan art as placeholder. That seems unprofessional.

Edit: Just decided to do some more research on this whole debacle. The site admits it's fan art, but claims Nintendo sent them a list of amiibos. They give themselves an out by saying, "If it's an error, we'll remove it." I'm still not buying it, but stranger things have happened, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True, but I don't see why they'd use fan art as placeholder. That seems unprofessional.
As said before, Star Fox Zero's placeholder was Smash Fox's artwork and FE Fates had an image of Aqua from the first trailer
They probably just googled "Shovel Knight amiibo" and took the first pic they found
Can't tell if honest mistake or deliberate ruse.
"Legit leak" is also a possibility ;^)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Have Yacht Club Games commented on the amiibo matter?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Edit: Just decided to do some more research on this whole debacle. The site admits it's fan art, but claims Nintendo sent them a list of amiibos. They give themselves an out by saying, "If it's an error, we'll remove it." I'm still not buying it, but stranger things have happened, I guess.
Guess we just have to wait and see then. Banking on Fake regardless.

D

Deleted member

"Legit leak" is also a possibility ;^)
Not a very good one, though.

If for nothing else but for the fact it makes little sense for some random Spanish retailer to know of a currently undisclosed character and when their amiibo is released, yet not have any information on Lucas', Ryu's, or Roy's amiibos.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
As said before, Star Fox Zero's placeholder was Smash Fox's artwork and FE Fates had an image of Aqua from the first trailer
They probably just googled "Shovel Knight amiibo" and took the first pic they found
I updated my post and you're right. That's apparently what they did. I really can't take the site seriously if they use fan art without permission as a placeholder. The way I see it, if Nintendo actually sent them a list of characters to add, they'd have also included images. If not, they should have used a generic "Coming Soon" image.

Either way, if it was real, I'd have to imagine Nintendo would have contacted them by now telling them to take it down since they haven't officially announced it yet. Guess we'll find out eventually, though.

D

Deleted member

A boss battle would be too predictable.
How about Shovel Knightmare, the next installment in the Meta Knightmare "series"?

D

Deleted member

Explain, you mean Meta as a character? Also, both Sony and MS got bosses, so I'm pretty much expecting a boss for Ninty
Yacht Club mentioned that it's "not quite what you're expecting".
Most (rational) people would expect a boss fight because of Kratos and the Battletoads.
The concept of a guest player instead of a boss would shake things up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Slide up in the thread like

guys I just woke up and saw the news...IT'S TIME, YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE POKKEN CHAMP!

Just when I wanted to pick up a new fighting game they descend from the heavens and bless me <3

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That Shovel Knight is using the Smashified art. There is absolutely NO way that this is legitimate.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Shovel Knight is clearly fake.
They wouldn't choose him over Shantae.

:troll:

But in all seriousness, grain of salt = taken. Even if Shovel Knight did make it in, we haven't even seen the amiibo of Ryu Roy or Lucas yet. I'd expect to see those go up 'early' before Shovel Knight.
Also, am I the only one who thinks "Megaton Hammer" when looking at the teaser tweet? Because that's the only Nintendo connection I can draw.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
inb4 Yacht Club Games is covering their tracks and Shovel Knight is actually going to be in Smash

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Isaac, upon learning that his Assist Trophy had been cut in SSB4.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Considering what your opinion on ATs and DLC are, I would say it's actually a good thing :p
You mean the opinion of anyone with an ounce of common sense, who doesn't have a most-wanted character that's already an Assist Trophy?

:awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom