• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
were getting the first game (before they went full pokemon and had mutiple versions) yokai watch 3 was only announced this year and it takes place in the us...if you play as the boy character
I see, yeah, maybe I'll just get the first game in the series and that's it.

I still want :181::157::160::107::106::4mewtwo:&:4greninja:.

Also :4jigglypuff: for DLC
The game needs those Pokemon, I will agree, and it also needs these Pokemon...

:052::199::212::214::241:

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nice that we finally got a release of the game, but I'm kind of disappointed with Lucha Pikachu. It looks OK, but she's not the most interesting choice they could've went with considering the roster is already limited.

guys heres the most important thing we know about pokken
it will have amiibo support ERGO we already know three more characters
greninja, mewtwo and jiggly puff
and unless the arcade select screen expands that means the arcade version will have 1 more character to add

meaning pokken will ship to wiiu with 12 plus characters
(arcade games have a history of adding characters to console releases)
When did the game get confirmed to have Amiibo Support?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think DK Jr. as a smaller, faster DK clone would be kind of cool. On the other hand, they could give him abilities from his own games and appearances. I'd be all for it, but I think most fans would riot if he got in before K. Rool and Dixie.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think DK Jr. as a smaller, faster DK clone would be kind of cool. On the other hand, they could give him abilities from his own games and appearances. I'd be all for it, but I think most fans would riot if he got in before K. Rool and Dixie.
I'd love to see a DK that actually throws barrels...I still can't fathom how DK didn't get that in Melee with the addition of Side Bs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That said, having Amiibo support doesn't mean the other 3 Smash Pokemon will be playable. Mewtwo is probably a lock, but I'm not banking on Jigglypuff and Greninja at the moment. A decent chunk of the characters are based upon Tekken ones too, as well as some really unique gameplay. So who knows what'll happen. Likewise, Hyrule Warriors has Amiibo support, but that doesn't mean every SSB character was playable. Heck, Ganondorf was made playable via a Patch, and wasn't by default at all. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jigglypuff and Greninja became playable. They're more than iconic enough and have great potential anyway.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Along with the trademark in Europe that happened related to Pokken Tournament, they also trademarked NFC for it I believe.
Oh, I didn't hear about that, thanks.

That said, having Amiibo support doesn't mean the other 3 Smash Pokemon will be playable. Mewtwo is probably a lock, but I'm not banking on Jigglypuff and Greninja at the moment. A decent chunk of the characters are based upon Tekken ones too, as well as some really unique gameplay. So who knows what'll happen. Likewise, Hyrule Warriors has Amiibo support, but that doesn't mean every SSB character was playable. Heck, Ganondorf was made playable via a Patch, and wasn't by default at all. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jigglypuff and Greninja became playable. They're more than iconic enough and have great potential anyway.
Actually, Ganondorf was in the base game, Cia, Wizzro and Volga were playable through the patch. Having said that, I do agree with your point, just because we may have potential Amiibo support doesn't mean that it will be used to put in playable characters, for all we know, it's for other features in the game.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokken? I can't Nuzlocke that :(
Or CAN I?
in the next episode of....

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Watch as Pichu becomes playable too. :pichumelee:
:troll:
Would be a great Smash tie-in too...

Pretty exciting, though, and more Pikachu/clones representation is always fine by me. I'm still dying for news of the next main-series game, though; I want to play through Kalos again, but I don't have both games, and I don't want to delete my current save. Would it kill TPC to put a second save file in the games?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, Ganondorf was in the base game, Cia, Wizzro and Volga were playable through the patch. Having said that, I do agree with your point, just because we may have potential Amiibo support doesn't mean that it will be used to put in playable characters, for all we know, it's for other features in the game.

Edit: :4greninja:
Wasn't he made playable late in development? Anyway, regardless, it'll be fun whatever they do. I was more of a SC fan than Tekken, so this might actually get me into Tekken overall.

Also, I am okay with the idea of Pichu being in this game, but he can't have the ame gimmick as Smash due to it making him too unplayable. It works in Smash because it's just silly and he wasn't meant to be serious. But in a game with a regular health bar, hurting himself would just be too ridiculous. Now, the idea that maybe sometimes his moves got a little extra power, or maybe something similar to Ryu in Smash(where he can increase his attack power with different inputs) could be neat. :grin:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Pokken footage is hype! Can't wait for it. Also while discussing an arcade game. At the arcade yesterday, they had F zero AX. Having never played F Zero before, it was amazing! Loved the moving eat for it to!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm excited about Pokken! Spring 2016 is a lot sooner than people guessed too.

And DK Jr. wouldn't be a bad choice for Smash DLC if Sakurai is against adding any DK content from Rare and Retro. But DK honestly needs SOMETHING.
DK Jr seems like the kind of character Sakurai would add. But I don't see it happening as DLC. He's more of an on disc kind of character.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Would be a great Smash tie-in too...

Pretty exciting, though, and more Pikachu/clones representation is always fine by me. I'm still dying for news of the next main-series game, though; I want to play through Kalos again, but I don't have both games, and I don't want to delete my current save. Would it kill TPC to put a second save file in the games?
Game Freak has full development control on main series games, dude. You need to blame them for the lack of multiple save files.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh, did I miss a trigger argument? That's good, you guys know how I get.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can actually wait until Spring. Maybe I'll move to Japan

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That Pokken footage is hype! Can't wait for it. Also while discussing an arcade game. At the arcade yesterday, they had F zero AX. Having never played F Zero before, it was amazing! Loved the moving eat for it to!
Dude how much money do you have? Is it enough to be able to buy the arcade cabinet of F-Zero AX of them? Cause it'd be really cool if you did buy that cabinet, so that it doesn't get destroyed and we lose a piece of Nintendo's arcade history, cause AX is actually really rare.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
When Pokken is released, I'd like to see Machamp added to Smash as a special promotional DLC thing. Machamp makes a ton of sense for a game like Smash Bros. Also, I'd like to see him be a kind of homage/shoutout to Mortal Kombat's Goro. He could have a couple moves that pay tribute to one of the scariest boss characters in fighting game history.

Unfortunately, it won't happen, so please carry on.....

D

Deleted member

Trigger warnings? *sigh*
I'll just say this:
PTSD is something serious that shouldn't be made fun of, it is caused by a great trauma, war veterans and **** victims are some examples of people that most likely suffer from PTSD.
In discussions related to these subjects, a warning should be given, considering that their PTSD will trigger should something related to their experience is mentioned.
However, trigger warnings in the way "the-site-who-shall-not-be-named" uses is actually an overreaction of it, which assumes almost anything can trigger a PTSD(a white male is apparently a trigger to them).
In truth, they're basically devaluing the use of warnings.
TRIGGERS ARE NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN OFFEND YOU, THEY'RE SOMETHING THAT CAUSE PEOPLE TO RELIVE THEIR TRAUMAS

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Trigger warnings? *sigh*
I'll just say this:
PTSD is something serious that shouldn't be made fun of, it is caused by a great trauma, war veterans and **** victims are some examples of people that most likely suffer from PTSD.
In discussions related to these subjects, a warning should be given, considering that their PTSD will trigger should something related to their experience is mentioned.
However, trigger warnings in the way "the-site-who-shall-not-be-named" uses is actually an overreaction of it, which assumes almost anything can trigger a PTSD(a white male is apparently a trigger to them).
In truth, they're basically devaluing the use of warnings.
TRIGGERS ARE NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN OFFEND YOU, THEY'RE SOMETHING THAT CAUSE PEOPLE TO RELIVE THEIR TRAUMAS
Ugh, christ, are we gonna have a trigger argument? And you can say Tumblr, they're not gonna rip out your skull. We don't need this.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pikachu Libre is in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in the contests though. Although after the Wii U reveal trailer, it's getting a lot more recognition now. :happysheep:
Oh, I never knew about that. But I was mostly referring to people in here were talking about that Pikachu being announced for the Pokken thing not too long ago, and I'm just that surprised something was drawn so quickly afterwards.

But anyways, that's good that she's getting more recognition like you said.

D

Deleted member

When Pokken is released, I'd like to see Machamp added to Smash as a special promotional DLC thing. Machamp makes a ton of sense for a game like Smash Bros. Also, I'd like to see him be a kind of homage/shoutout to Mortal Kombat's Goro. He could have a couple moves that pay tribute to one of the scariest boss characters in fighting game history.

Unfortunately, it won't happen, so please carry on.....
I actually once made a moveset for Machamp simply because I wanted to have a Pokemon that could make use ofbthe move Counter(counters double rhe damage received, but doesn't grant invincibility like Smash Counters) and it ended up pretty great imo.
I'll try to remember most of it when I get home tho
Ugh, christ, are we gonna have a trigger argument? And you can say Tumblr, they're not gonna rip out your skull. We don't need this.
Shh, they can hear you!
And I already said everything I had to say about the subject in that post, so I hope not :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I actually once made a moveset for Machamp simply because I wanted to have a Pokemon that could make use ofbthe move Counter(counters double rhe damage received, but doesn't grant invincibility like Smash Counters) and it ended up pretty great imo.
I'll try to remember most of it when I get home tho

Shh, they can hear you!
And I already said everything I had to say about the subject in that post, so I hope not :)
Yes, I'm sure those Tumbaluh Special Snooflakz(tm by le reddot) are gonna take us out.

Also, Machamp would be a very cool Smash choice, though I'm wondering why people keep using the "promote the game" argument for so many characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also, Machamp would be a very cool Smash choice, though I'm wondering why people keep using the "promote the game" argument for so many characters.
Straw Grasping and using PSASBR and it's dumb marketing based choices as justification.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Machamp would be awesome in Smash. But honestly which Pokemon wouldn't?

There's such a diverse cast and they all have their own moves, even characters like Vanillite would have their worth as joke characters.

I stand by the idea that Pokemon should have the most amount of characters of any IP in Smash considering the wide variety of choices, the overwhelming popularity of it, the marketability of each individual Pokemon, the moveset potential, and let's face it; they're always among the most fun characters to use.

There are so many Pokemon that they can add that wouldn't even remotely be anything like any characters we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom