• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
When the human race is gone and an Extraterrestrial race is going through our web to figure out our history.

They will fine this picture without context, and forever be confused.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
D

Deleted member

When the human race is gone and an Extraterrestrial race is going through our web to figure out our history.

They will fine this picture without context, and forever be confused.
Said alien race will find Tumblr and ask themselves why do humans hate each other so much over stupid and small things.
Then they'll go to Deviantart and memory erase all traces of the human civilization from their brains

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Got Star Fox Assault the other day, just finished it. I'll be honest... I don't see all the hate for the on foot stuff. I mean it sure as hell isn't perfect, but I had enough fun with it. Pretty good game overall.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well, this might be bad or good news for some. Turns out Nintendo filed a patent for a potential new console or version of the Wii U. Now here's the kicker, they might be going back to cartridges.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3hvya0/nintendo_files_patent_application_for_stationary/)
This could be a return to the disc drive!! Games can finally read and write the whole game. For example in Zelda (Oot) the player was going to be able to modify their whole game world through the capability of the disc drive. If a bush was cut it would overwrite the original data of it existing.

Memory cards or carts actually have that benefit over discs!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This could be a return to the disc drive!! Games can finally read and write the whole game. For example in Zelda (Oot) the player was going to be able to modify their whole game world through the capability of the disc drive. If a bush was cut it would overwrite the original data of it existing.

Memory cards or carts actually have that benefit over discs!!
Could this be what the NX is?

Sounds like a very interesting concept!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see the issue; it's only cartridges.

I somehow doubt that. Nintendo is old fashioned and has to be kid-friendly. Digital only would potentially drive customers away uneccessarily.
Wait, how is downloading digitally not "kid friendly"? I didn't know it was such an inappropriate act.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Cartridges aren't bad (after all, they're still used for the 3DS). But this is just all kinds of confusing to me. Unless this is a part of the NX?

Got Star Fox Assault the other day, just finished it. I'll be honest... I don't see all the hate for the on foot stuff. I mean it sure as hell isn't perfect, but I had enough fun with it. Pretty good game overall.
Assualt is easily my favorite Star Fox game. There were definitely problems but I felt it was the best.
Well, this might be bad or good news for some. Turns out Nintendo filed a patent for a potential new console or version of the Wii U. Now here's the kicker, they might be going back to cartridges.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3hvya0/nintendo_files_patent_application_for_stationary/)
I don't know nearly enough about techto know if this is good or bad. But news is usually good so I'm going to get hype :)

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
We haven't really seen much of it really. The info just came out today. I think if Nintendo is somehow bringing the cartridge format back, then they'll probably do it right. I got confidence in them. Hopefully...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder if the NX isn't meant to compete with the consoles, but be its own thing and run along with the Wii U and 3DS?

Like, the Wii U would have normal games, while the NX would have certain kinds of games, fulfilling a certain niche.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Could this be what the NX is?

Sounds like a very interesting concept!
Plus there are two programs in the memory card. One basic program and two basic program.

One can be the original game.
Two can be the modifications that are done by the user.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Plus there are two programs in the memory card. One basic program and two basic program.

Project M day 1 amiright?

Also, it's late in Japan. To quote a book for kids, 'Go the **** to sleep'
Push, you're a nice mod and a busy man, don't strain yourself like tis

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Project M day 1 amiright?

Also, it's late in Japan. To quote a book for kids, 'Go the **** to sleep'
Push, you're a nice mod and a busy man, don't strain yourself like tis
Not quite project M day 1. It's more like Doshin the Giant possibilities and continually modify the entire game world. The Gamecube port brought the game down.

I'm going back to sleep! I actually went to bed early, just woke up for a bit and saw the news.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

The new membership thing to succeed Club Nintendo could involve sharing the custom games...

Reminds me of Linux as well. I wonder if this could be Nintendo's take on the concept and applying it to dedicated video game systems. Could be really awesome, but I'm a bit afraid that such a novelty could flop as well.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There's a fair chance this could mean nothing at all guys. Remember the patent they made for 3DS Streaming? Yeah, never happened. Just saying.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sounds like NX stuff. I really think it's going to be its own thing rather than a straight up Wii U successor.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Not quite project M day 1. It's more like Doshin the Giant possibilities and continually modify the entire game world. The Gamecube port brought the game down.

I'm going back to sleep! I actually went to bed early, just woke up for a bit and saw the news.
Wait, parts of a 64DD disc were rewriteable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom