• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Let it go, bro, let it go. I miss 'em too, but they're dead till Smash 5 at best. Unless Sakurai seriously thinks separating them into one Climber is okay, but that's the only way they have a ghost of a chance(the other being an alt obviously)

No reason to not bring back there course though. Bar it being an unpopular course, but hey, that didn't stop Sakurai from bringing something back before(hi, 75m!)

PS: Close your spoiler tags!
Ho-Ho I see what you did there :dazwa:
Ps. how does one close their spoiler tags.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ho-Ho I see what you did there :dazwa:
Ps. how does one close their spoiler tags.
I don't respond with videos generally. ;) The fact they're both ice-based did not cross my mind when I replied, but heh.

Anyway, use [/spoiler] with everything between that and [ spoiler ]. :) To say the least, markup requires no space between between the [ and the ]

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Unless Sakurai seriously thinks separating them into one Climber is okay
Who do people think this could happen? If Sakurai couldn't be arsed enough to change Ganondorf, something fans have been begging for, what would make Sakurai decide to change the character's gimmick that was the reason they were playable in the first place?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Who do people think this could happen? If Sakurai couldn't be arsed enough to change Ganondorf, something fans have been begging for, what would make Sakurai decide to change the character's gimmick that was the reason they were playable in the first place?
Due to how other characters got their transformations pulled out and 3DS limitations, separated ICs is the last resort.

Unless he did get them working, but it's not happening anyway.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
If it didn't work on 4chan and NeoGAF then it wouldn't work here. Dating sites suck and eat away at your money. Lost a great friend to Omegle

I'll take it. Better than most dating sims these days
I dont think I've ever heard of Omegle. It sounds like a pokemon. I think there was a painter pokemon with a similar name...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So if anyone wants an update on my Pokemon Gold playthrough, I screwed up my Butterfree and my Hoppip's movesets. Deleted Confusion from Butterfree's my pressing a to fast, now I no longer have a move that allows her to confuse enemies, and I deleted tackle from my Hoppip to soon, now she's going to be an even bigger pain to train now.

That's 2 of my Pokemon I screwed up with urgh :urg:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's not a good reason though, Sakurai has outright stated the only reason IC are playable was because of their gimmick
To be fair, he has changed his mind before. I don't think he would do it, but don't forget that Zelda and Sheik were founded solely on their ability to transform into each other. That was removed. So their main reasons for being included isn't enough to keep them the same.

Ganondorf's mostly kept the same to have people easily adjust to his new playstyle. He still plays remotely the same in all 4 games, with tweaks here and there. Sure, he lost a lot of speed in Brawl, no doubt, but he also gained new moves and abilities. Also, to be fair, Ganondorf is the epitome of power, and still shows it. The whole point of Ice Climbers is to be a "team" as well, so I can see why he would never entertain the idea of separating the IC's.

Before you compare this to Zelda and Sheik, despite their founding, their playstyles were not actually changed all that much. Zelda is a spellcaster, and Sheik is a ninja. They didn't lose their inherent traits when separated. I didn't like them being separated myself, but they did improve in some ways and got weaker in others.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I seriously hope we get a direct soon. It's starting to get boring without any hype. I still love to speculate, but even that has its limits.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Do you think there's a possibility that might retire the Directs since Iwata'a passing?

Just a thought, maybe? Hopefully not

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Do you think there's a possibility that might retire the Directs since Iwata'a passing?

Just a thought, maybe? Hopefully not
Well, they need a way to get information out. The Directs have done a pretty good job. Iwata was a huge part of it, but I don't expect them to end.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't somebody else doing Directs in different parts of the world now due to this? I mean, I think it's a good idea to wait some time before a new direct and keep everything via other official methods like Twitter/Facebook from the copanies' own representatives, but eventually a direct would be nice.

It's simply a matter of avoid a "too soon" situation, after all.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

Indifferent (I'd like to see him, but I want him to have Ganon's moveset. So next game preferably)
Indifferent
No
Indifferent (This game ain't big enough for two Ryu's... but I wouldn't object at all)

AreJay25

The roster already has two Roys, so I don't see a reason not to have two Ryus.
Two Roy's that are owned by Nintendo.

But I mainly wrote that as a joke. :p

Also, Geno might be confirmed.... for Project M:

Apparently there were no mods added to the game besides music.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

I put Namco Bandai up there to note that it's an actual video game series. :p
It's apparently very popular in Japan and I asked The Light Music Club if I could do a poll for her.
Still though Blue only the composer who worked on the series should work on Smash, which some of them have funnily enough. Nothing against the series, its just that it would be weird seeing a singing idol and beating them up in Smash.

And yeah I know I support Savvy Stylist, but that's different, its such away out there idea I want it to happen, plus Smash needs her to be more FABULOUS!

D

Deleted member

Geno is the 5th add-on newcomer?
*le sigh*

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
By the way, a certain dancer just got revealed for this game:

What a surprise. O.o
:4greninja:'d.

@Warchamp7 Lol, what happened here fam? XD :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Aww. I was hoping for Dark Samus or Ray in PM

Chrom is still happening IMO

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

To me, this kind of seems fake to me...
The only reason I say this is that the PMDT said they would add characters that only were in Brawl in some form. Geno wasn't. If they did put him into Project M, there would most likely be licensing issues involved. Possibly a C&D as well.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Geno? Now that's surprising

AreJay25

To me, this kind of seems fake to me...
The only reason I say this is that the PMDT said they would add characters that only were in Brawl in some form. Geno wasn't. If they did put him into Project M, there would most likely be licensing issues involved. Possibly a C&D as well.
Very good points, I totally forgot about that.

Someone on the reddit thread also posted this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

Which is a mod that goes over R.O.B. So, it may just be a mod that someone forgot to take out... but who knows.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Warchamp7 said this on Twitter, so I guess it's a custom build?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Warchamp7 said this on Twitter, so I guess it's a custom build?
Yep. It's most likely fake.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

...Interesting. I guess the 5th character was Ridley? Maybe they replaced Sami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom