• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That's what mostly mine is. It's a PSP/PS1 machine. I aslo hate how there isn't any PS2 games on there yet. Especially considering it's more powerful than a PS2 (which isn't hard to be)
It honestly depends. Emulating systems takes many times more the CPU processor than it the original. PS2 emulation is possible on PS3, but it's not certain on the Vita.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
At this point I'm tempted to stop buying games until the NX launches. Assuming it'll have backwards compatibility I'll be able to pick up all the games that looked interesting for Wii U at a cheaper price and be able to save up money to buy the NX in the meantime. So far this generation of consoles feels super lacklustre.
That might not be a good idea, to hold off buying on some Wii U games. Things like Mario 3D World and Zelda, will probably have decent second hand prices. But be prepared to pay physical Earthbound prices for games like Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Wonderful 101. Although with digital distribution now a thing, you possibly wouldn't have to pay upwards of 500+ to get the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Walking Dead (Both Seasons)
Tembo the Badass Elephant
Bloodborne
Mortal Combat X
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
Goat Simulator (if the PS4 version gets updates)
Prototype
Aeternoblade
Grand Theft Auto (Why not?)
Resident Evil (I heard there were remakes for it?)
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Uncharted Collection

Eh. Maybe there's more to this console than I thought.

Thoughts on any of these?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bloodborne
Mortal Combat X
Prototype
Aeternoblade
Uncharted Collection

Aeternoblade sounds familiar

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bloodborne
Mortal Combat X
Prototype
Aeternoblade
Uncharted Collection

Walking Dead are Telltale Point and Click games
Tembo is DKC + Sonic. But itsn't as special by the looks of it. Made by Game Freak
Bloodborne is Sickdark Souls. If you don't like souls games then you probably won't enjoy it.

MKX and Blazblue CP Extend are fighters but theey might not be up your alley
Resident Evil is the remake of the first game, it's why it's called REmake in some regards

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bloodborne
Mortal Kombat X
Prototype
Aeternoblade
Uncharted Collection

Walking Dead is a right tear jerker.
Haven't played Tembo.
Prepare to die.
Really good game. Story is a bit confusing at times though. Recommend the DLC characters.
Don't play BlazBlue.
Never intend to play "x Simulator" games.
Prototype is alright.
Not played.
It's pretty good. Lamar always says the N-Word though.
The remake of RE1 is really good. RE2 is happening as a result.
It's alright.
Not an Uncharted fan but it's an OK series. No multiplayer in UC2 and 3 though.

I also recommend Rocket League if you end up getting PS Plus. Rocket League is insane fun.
There's also the Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection, Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Danganronpa is the best anime adaptation of Phoenix Wright I have ever seen!

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
That might not be a good idea, to hold off buying on some Wii U games. Things like Mario 3D World and Zelda, will probably have decent second hand prices. But be prepared to pay physical Earthbound prices for games like Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Wonderful 101. Although with digital distribution now a thing, you possibly wouldn't have to pay upwards of 500+ to get the game.
Well I already own 3D World and Wonderful 101. I doubt I'll play Xenoblade Chronicles X, long games like that aren't that appealing to me. As for Zelda who knows when the game is even going to be released, for all we know it could end up being a multi platform game on Wii U and NX.

I only meant to hold off buying games that aren't ultra appealing to me. A lot of stuff like the new Star Fox I can hold off on playing. If something like a new Paper Mario showed up on Wii U then it'd be an instant buy lol.

D

Deleted member

Well I already own 3D World and Wonderful 101. I doubt I'll play Xenoblade Chronicles X, long games like that aren't that appealing to me. As for Zelda who knows when the game is even going to be released, for all we know it could end up being a multi platform game on Wii U and NX.

I only meant to hold off buying games that aren't ultra appealing to me. A lot of stuff like the new Star Fox I can hold off on playing. If something like a new Paper Mario showed up on Wii U then it'd be an instant buy lol.
>Wonderful 101

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bloodborne
Mortal Combat X
Prototype
Aeternoblade
Uncharted Collection

Have only played Aeternoblade. The combat is fun and flashy at first, but it gets fairly old pretty quickly and the rest of the game is about PS1 era graphics and meh everything else. Try the demo, and if you like it and Metroidvania style games, wait for it to go on sale. I will say that I enjoyed it more on first impression than Sakura Samurai and Dillion's Rolling Western.

Starlight_Lily

I wonder what we'll look like in the dating sim...
Yeah, you won't be getting a smashboards dating sim out of me. I have plans for my own visual novel and it will be straight up full of yuri and completely pander to all of the yuri fanbase.

Plus I am completely incapable of writing any romance other then yuri

D

Deleted member

Yeah, you won't be getting a smashboards dating sim out of me. I have plans for my own visual novel and it will be straight up full of yuri and completely pander to all of the yuri fanbase.

Bladzer confirmed to be Soleil

And now, back to watching Phoenix Wright Danganronpa

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Firstof all, you're pandering to me then, second of all, for writing nonyuri, try this.
Do the same thing with yuri, but remove 'but we're both girls' and genderbend one. Boom

Starlight_Lily

First of all, you're pandering to me then, second of all, for writing nonyuri, try this.
Do the same thing with yuri, but remove 'but we're both girls' and genderbend one. Boom
Yeah tried that, my brain just went but they should be a girl! And the character was female again. Tried to make a yaoi pairing, by time I had the personalities my brain just straight went into designing them as girls. For some reason whenever I try to design a male character in a relationship, my brain just goes and here's a nice female design for them

I think my yuri goggles brainwashed my brain of being incapable of creating male characters in relationships :upsidedown:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Welll now were doing a date sim, it always escalates quickly here.....

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Keep me posted.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Bloodborne
Mortal Combat X
Prototype
Aeternoblade
Uncharted Collection

Walking Dead - Amazing game, I watched Pewdiepie play it back when he was actually decent. Definitely
Tembo - No opinion
Bloodborne - Seemed like a worse Dark Souls from what I heard
Mortal Combat X - That's out? eh
BlazBlue - No opinion
Goat Simulator - Hilarious, definitely worth it
Prototype - A cool game from what my friends say, look into it.
-Aeternoblade - Played the demo on the eShop twice, and it's boring. Don't get it
GTA - Hilarious, unadulterated fun. The mature themes make for some whacky stories too. (I ran over a prostitute escaping the cops, I jumped out of my car and into a hot dog stand where I died.)
Resident Evil - No opinion
Metal Gear Solid - A great series from what I've heard, I'd get it.
Uncharted - Seems like a cool game, I'd try it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Vita is so lacking that Kickstarters promise Vita versions to get the cash from the people trying to justify their purchase.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe Chihiro is dead, I swear, whoever killed him
Yeah tried that, my brain just went but they should be a girl! And the character was female again. Tried to make a yaoi pairing, by time I had the personalities my brain just straight went into designing them as girls. For some reason whenever I try to design a male character in a relationship, my brain just goes and here's a nice female design for them

I think my yuri goggles brainwashed my brain of being incapable of creating male characters in relationships :upsidedown:
I'm pretty sure that this is common in Japan

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I browse the Sonic Stadium message board at times, and I thought I should share something a user by the name of Tracker made.

I don't need it
I don't need it...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I browse the Sonic Stadium message board at times, and I thought I should share something a user by the name of Tracker made.

I don't need it
I don't need it...
This looks fantastic. I'd get these both in heartbeat.
Although unlike Smash Bros., costumes in Splatoon are usually free (as they should be).

How would you guys feel if these were the last DLC stages.
I'd cry tears of joy for Mario Bros. and Hanenbow.

Posting here to remind anyone who's interested in Smash Bros. Crusade that they may or may not be streaming it soon (???).
http://www.twitch.tv/projectcrusade
Link to the stream. Seems to be having some...interesting issues.

Well it counted down a while ago, then went offline, then came back online with a 12 minute timer, then went offline again, then came back online AGAIN with a twenty minute timer.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
These games...

Where are they?

There's nothing I'd actually want to play except like two things that are out right now.

I thought I'd still love it because I could play past games as the PS3 let you do that.

Why is this console so backwards?
Welcome to the future of gaming. I'll miss the Wii U when it's gone.... I'm pretty sure it's the last of the dedicated gaming consoles.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welcome to the future of gaming. I'll miss the Wii U when it's gone.... I'm pretty sure it's the last of the dedicated gaming consoles.
I'm pretty sure that maybe Nintendo has something up there sleeve when it comes to the NX. When it really comes down to the consoles Nintendo make, they have been rather focused on the core part of the machine. Making games. I do think the NX will maybe have some other kind of functionality, but I still feel Nintendo will try to make it game-centric as they've always done in the past.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i got aquaria
this is kind of amazing
it's not a perfect metroidvania, but it's better than some other indies i've played like axiom verge or la-mulana
(la-mulana's not really my kind of game, well-designed as it is)
i'm also really into marine biology and stuff so it's... yeah
there's a kelp forest! and leafy seadragons! and tongue-eating lice!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was sneakily implying that they would be back too :gova:
:popo:
Let it go, bro, let it go. I miss 'em too, but they're dead till Smash 5 at best. Unless Sakurai seriously thinks separating them into one Climber is okay, but that's the only way they have a ghost of a chance(the other being an alt obviously. Er, I mean one is playable with th eother character being an alt costume. Similar to Wii Fit Trainer).

No reason to not bring back their course though. Bar it being an unpopular course, but hey, that didn't stop Sakurai from bringing something back before(hi, 75m!)

PS: Close your spoiler tags!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom