• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I know that. Me being a Street Fighter fan, I know SF2 is the most popular game in the series and everyone else is.

Considering how people are getting upset that R. Mika, Karin, Q, Alex, Urein and even Juri aren't in the game is stupid considering who else is in right now. Only people I can understand the pain is Sakura fans considering she's the 3rd most popular female SF character and a popular characters in general.

Even then people just want their small game to get notice AKA

"NOTICE ME SEMPAI!!!"
Well to be fair, Karin is really popular.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Frankly I think that Sonic and Street Fighter are the most iconic and publicly known of the Smash 3rd parties. Despite the rules against it I'd love Tails and Chun-li to be characters in Smash at some point.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
FF isn't ready for release either, it's release was simply 2016. If they wanted to please the fans then they shouldn't make it the exact opposite of Metroid
Yeah and if they did nothing. People would have *******.

It's literally "Damned if you do and Damned if you don't" and saying we need a true Metroid game isn't an exceptional argument. Do you actually want a good game or just a game rushed and **** out just to say we made a true mainline game. I rather have them take their time and just plan it out than pump them out just calm down a desperate and rapid fanbase that went to hell after one bad game.

Sonic's in his own unique tier of fandoms. But yeah, they're all terrible. It just depends on personal experiences.

I know I've probably bugged a lot of people with my opinions on the current state of Fire Emblem.
Sonic fanbase got overtook by Pokemon considering they are bigger ******* than them and have a competitive community just as crazy and stupid as Smash but atleast Nintendo acknowledged them but you still have a weird, cringe and creepy part of he fanbase like Sonic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Does anyone feel that since Nintendo is announcing stuff at gamescom, were unlikely to get a Direct soon?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm looking at reviews for Fantastic 4. It seems that it sucks.

I swear there's never going to be a good Fantastic 4 movie.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ryu proved there are no rules
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/05/mega-man-legacy-collection-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-early-2016/
Damn. Capcom seems to genuinely try to win the crowd back. I actually buy this despite already having all 6 games included
actualy he didnt capcom proper doesn't own street fighter Capcom U.S.A does.....yes their is a difference dont belive me boot up the 3ds version they had to add capcom usa too the start screen for copyrights(bottom screen)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have no idea if the new Fantastic 4 movie is good or bad, but I'd suggest not trusting reviews too much so. I've ended up finding many things that ended up being rated low by critics to be enjoyable and some even my favorites of all time.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
What have they announced?
Mostly Amiibo release dates, an eshop sizzle reel, a Nintendo livestream with Smash competitive players (only in Japan), a Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Bundle and their Gamescom lineup. Some of this stuff seems like it would have been announced in a direct (in my opinion). Although this is just most likely for gamescom.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ignore this post.

Thank You

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Multiple Capcom characters
I think it's further proof that 3rd party characters need to have legacy (something that Sakurai said back in Brawl).

He never said 1 character per company (at least, I've never encountered that quote in the Snake, Sonic, Ryu or Pac-Man famitsu columns and the numerous Brawl interviews I've read). That's some lies made up by the fandom, and accepted as truths.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So multiple Capcom characters = Shrek and Goku can be DLC.

BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SAYING BY SAYING THERE ARE NO RULES.
I was specifically talking about the 'no multiple third party from the same ip/company' rule, something Push kindly just pointed out. Besides, you haven't seen our recent leak

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think it's further proof that 3rd party characters need to have legacy (something that Sakurai said back in Brawl).

He never said 1 character per company (at least, I've never encountered that quote in the Snake, Sonic, Ryu or Pac-Man famitsu columns and the numerous Brawl interviews I've read). That's some lies made up by the fandom, and accepted as truths.
I also hope they don't put in 3rd Party characters just because to fill some quota. Because if that's the case then I rather have just the 5+Snake or just what we have because I rather have none than just having one just because they are part of a company or a company needs an extra rep

D

Deleted member

I was specifically talking about the 'no multiple third party from the same ip/company' rule, something Push kindly just pointed out. Besides, you haven't seen our recent leak
I have seen your "leak".

And you need be clear on what you're saying from the onset. Because saying "Ryu proves there are no rules" is open for interpretation.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Fantastic Four will only be good when Disney/Marvel get their film rights back.

Seriously, you'd be surprised how important they are to the Marvel Universe and how many heroes and villains they created, plus helped popularize.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't you constantly ramble about how the new games are crap solely based on fanservice?
Don't confuse me for Habanero/Soul Blazer. :smirk:

Not exactly. Even Awakening I've never said is a bad game or that people shouldn't buy it (I even have 80+ hours into that game). But it does bother me to see it suddenly get the praise/sales the other games in the series never got when they did, in some cases objectively, some things better than it as well as the revamp of the mythos that just leaves me confused and feeling incomplete.

With Fates, I can't help but go off of the mixed feelings I have towards the former given the returning artist (who I never liked), but even more so now that FE amie exists, much more blatant fan service, and the existence of Phoenix mode (it's optional, but it causes me to lose hope development wise).

I'm positive Fates will be a great game, especially gameplay wise if the re-balance rumors are true, but both it (upon first impressions) and Awakening lack the charm the first 10 games had IMO and IS seems to have lost some of the series's dignity/reputation in this attempt to get more sales.

I might as well be a Melee fan in terms of FE's fandom. lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Don't confuse me for Habanero/Soul Blazer. :smirk:

Not exactly. Even Awakening I've never said is a bad game or that people shouldn't buy it (I even have 80+ hours into that game). But it does bother me to see it suddenly get the praise/sales the other games in the series never got when they did, in some cases objectively, some things better than it as well as the revamp of the mythos that just leaves me confused and feeling incomplete.

With Fates, I can't help but go off of the mixed feelings I have towards the former given the returning artist (who I never liked), but even more so now that FE amie exists, much more blatant fan service, and the existence of Phoenix mode (it's optional, but it causes me to lose hope development wise).

I'm positive Fates will be a great game, especially gameplay wise if the re-balance rumors are true, but both it (upon first impressions) and Awakening lack the charm the first 10 games had IMO and IS seems to have lost some of the series's dignity/reputation in this attempt to get more sales.

I might as well be a Melee fan in terms of FE's fandom. lol
Eh, Fates looks miles better than Awakening, and that's already about twice as good as Sacred Stoners. Except Colm. Colm's ****ing awesome

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What's this "leak"? I need another good laugh.
I was just laughing at a comment I got on Source Gaming.
I disagree I believe those two slots will go to pre ballot one goes to wolf cause I think wolf is a gureentee at this point and he be easy to put in second either shake ice climber or newcomer then when the ballot comes those will only be newcomers you don't think wolf has good chances but a lot of people do it be stupied for them not to advertise star fox zero with a requested fighter like wolf

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I disagree I believe those two slots will go to pre ballot one goes to wolf cause I think wolf is a gureentee at this point and he be easy to put in second either shake ice climber or newcomer then when the ballot comes those will only be newcomers you don't think wolf has good chances but a lot of people do it be stupied for them not to advertise star fox zero with a requested fighter like wolf
Jesus Christ, that actually hurt to read.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
http://smashboards.com/posts/19842394/

lel Jerod

Khoru

Smash Champion
shake is too serious for smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom