• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you like strategy games or the literature the characters are based on, it's definitely worth buying. I consider myself moderately read in fiction and was a history major so seeing all the references to history and fiction was neat.

It isn't for everyone but its of high quality.

I just feel like people shrug it off as blind jingoism when it really isn't that at all.

It's more like a love letter to America from another country. It kind of feels like: "Hey, we actually think your culture, history and literature is pretty interesting," as opposed to Americans tooting their own horn. And considering how much blind hatred the United States gets nowadays it feels refreshing.

Really?

What's the date?

Also, is that a bad sign for directs?

Are they no longer a thing?

Sexy as ****

Triforce heroes releases October 23 for PAL, no US date yet

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Really?

What's the date?

Oct 23rd in Europe.

Apparently it was a 'pre Gamescom announcement'.

I don't think it'll effect Directs.

I dont expect a Direct until a new President is announced though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I wonder if they would replace the Directs with something else but of a similar equivalent if it was indeed no more.....

However, I would assume they would have announced something by now if that was the case......

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Speaking of movies...

Aardman made another good movie you say:

Sexy as ****

Triforce heroes releases October 23 for PAL, no US date yet
That Limited Edition shall be mine. The Future is mine to decide :4shulk:
:4tlink: That's pretty soon actually. All we know of the game is what we heard at E3 and it's out in two months.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Silent Hill isn't dead after all.

Get hype.

:troll:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
XENOBLAAADEEE XXXX

sorry had to get that out of my system

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Holy **** the comments. Jesus christ are your American GameStop's bad! Glad we don't have them in my country!
My favorite from the comments:

Reminds me of one time I was in an EB and heard this lady shouting her head off at the clerk because she'd bought a PS3 game for her son's Wii. She didn't seem to understand the concept that you can't just stick a disc in from another system and it'll suddenly work.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
This one though, sounds like a story right out of r/ThatHappened:

Most of my life I haven't had a problem with buying games. In 2013 though I finally had my first experience. It was on the evening of Black Friday and I went into Gamestop because both Tales of Xillia and Dragon's Crown were both $20 each for Black Friday. At the time I had 2 college friends with me that also wanted to get some deals on some games. We walked into the store and saw that there were a few people browsing at games. I went towards the PS3 area and found both games that I wanted and walked up to the counter to purchase them. I put the games down on the counter and was about to grab my wallet out of my pocket when I heard the employee laughing and telling me that Tales of Xillia was a game for ****. Once he said that I looked as normal as I could and I motioned him to come closer to my face. What he got next was my hand grabbing the back of his head and slamming it into the counter with a crunch. Once he got back up I noticed my friends were next to me and giving the employee menacing glares and also saw that customers were watching the situation. My friends told me they heard and saw what happened and came to support me if the situation got worse. Then the employee started swearing at me telling me I broke his nose which I think I might have because there was definitely blood coming out. I was so pissed off and was about ready to leave the store when suddenly the back door of the shop opened up and the manager walked out of it. He asked what was going on and I told him what his employee did to me with my friends backing me up. Once I explained the situation the manager walked right up to the employee and told him three words "You are fired." The guy started cursing at his manager telling him how this wasn't fair and that I should be the one in trouble, not him because of me breaking his nose. The manager said to him "You just insulted a customer who has a love for these types of games. What you should have done is kept your mouth shut and made the transaction. Instead you choose to insult the customer so of course there was probably going to be retaliation in some form." The employee was furious and stormed out of the store with his hand still clutched to his bloody nose. The manager apologized to me for the rude behavior and asked if I still wanted the games. I told him sure and went and took out the $40 from my wallet and put it on the counter. He picked up the $40 and handed one of the $20s back into my direction and told me that he would make Tales of Xillia free of charge as an apology of what just happened. So with all the stuff that happened and should have resulted in me getting kicked out, I instead got an apology from the manager and a free game.

While the situation had a good ending it still was the worst experience I had. At least I got payback on that asshole.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If that actually happened then it's kinda stupid. Sure, he was acting really rude but violence is not the right way to solve things. :/

Yo that guy has anger issues like wtf.

Like damn one insult and you slam a guys face in? Jesus christ.

Also it sure is convenient that xillia became free when the manager was in the back and couldnt have heard that that was the game insulted.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just watched the whole podcast.

This changed how I look at the company.

NOA.

They get it.

They are us.

This kind of interview was perfect. It wasn't too invasive. It wasn't accusatory and it just let him to go and talk about whatever he wanted to.

They understand EVERYTHING!

Literally everything.

NOA has my utmost respect now. They make mistakes but spending an hour listening to this man talk about his likes and his job on a casual level just made me learn to love Nintendo a little more.

NOJ seems much harder to work with than I thought though. It does sound like it is a bunch of old Japanese business not trying to understand the market or why the people they hired are hesitant to do something. The whole "New Super Mario Bros" story was really eyeopening.

Still, props to Chris Pranger.

Keep on keeping on!
There was some sort of Podcast I missed?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You wanna hear something funny? Somebody on a different site actually argued that the Street Fighter 2 cast is not iconic at all whilst another user argued that a large portion of the SF2 cast were on the same level of obscurity as any fighting game character.:laugh:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm on mobile right now.

Posted the trailer and watched it twice with no lag or long loading times.

Your phone is trash :smirk:
I had too many other things going on and the connection is awful from where I was using it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You wanna hear something funny? Somebody on a different site actually argued that the Street Fighter 2 cast is not iconic at all whilst another user argued that a large portion of the SF2 cast were on the same level of obscurity as any fighting game character.:laugh:
"Who is this 'Reye-ooh' guy? Even my waifu from Magical Weeaboo ****fest is more iconic"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I had too many other things going on and the connection is awful from where I was using it.
Nope, phone is straight trash.

STEP YOUR GAME UP YOUNG MAN, DON'T LET THESE OLD DOGS LIKE US BEAT YOU

"People fear what they don't understand. Hate what they can't conquer"
Nintendo fans needs to look up on their history, I mean, they'll be surprised seeing Street Fighter 2 outselling Zelda, Metroid DKC2, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero and Earthbound on the SNES.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Nintendo fans needs to look up on their history, I mean, they'll be surprised seeing Street Fighter 2 outselling Zelda, Metroid DKC2, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero and Earthbound on the SNES.
The kicker? It wasn't actually said by a Nintendo fan on a Nintendo board, but by an actual SF fan.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/72268612?page=8
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/72268612?page=9

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I got banned from a website for "spam". Four years and I don't even get a warning. Shows me for use Know Your Meme's forums I guess.

I need a pick me up. Anything Smash?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So there's this game called 'Journey of Light', the dev was previously claimed Steam Refunds will kill indie games and claims this game is the hardest one yet and that no one will be able to beat Chapter 1. Nobody has, it's more of a mystery than P.T. However, a hacker found out there's nothing past Chapter 1, and the hints are only revealed in trading cards, something you get after 2 hours, when the refunds expire. The dev has also vanished due to 'sickness'. What a ****ing tool. This is why Steam Refunds need to be 2 weeks minimum

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If they were using the Wikipedia numbers for overall console sales that would show Street Fighter as smaller than Kirby. This doesn't take into account all the arcade monehs of which Street Figher is a champion. Probably why Crash Bandicoot is higher than Pac-Man too.

D

Deleted member

Mii Swordsman is pretty legit now. So fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Earthbound?

It's pretty common knowledge that Earthbound was a colossal failure in the states. I don't think even the biggest MOTHER fanboys or the biggest Street Fighter haters would think that Earthbound was a bigger success than SF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom