• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You're never supposed to understand why memes become memes.

They just do.

EDIT: Had emphasis on the wrong word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Do you guys ever think that if Nintendo bought Rare back then, not only would Banjo would be in smash, but Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Conker, etc. would also have been represented?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Do you guys ever think that if Nintendo bought Rare back then, not only would Banjo would be in smash, but Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Conker, etc. would also have been represented?
I always wonder what life would be like with Rare still around.

Mumbo and Grunty would need to join Banjo, Juno or Vela would have been really cool too.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I never watched SMZ

Instead I had the earthbound adventures. all 3 seasons of it which are probably terrible if I remember correctly even f I loved them back then.

*sees sig and remembers* :cry:
"Have you ever made a game" - Masahiro Sakurai

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Holy **** the comments. Jesus christ are your American GameStop's bad! Glad we don't have them in my country!
i bought a copy of SS (yes I was crazy....).

And I got a PAL one without warning.....

When I asked for an exchange explaining the issue, the guy had that look on his face that just told you he was thinking "WTF? are you kidding me?".

I eventually got an exchange, but wow that was low.....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i bought a copy of SS (yes I was crazy....).

And I got a PAL one without warning.....

When I asked for an exchange explaining the issue, the guy had that look on his face that just told you he was thinking "WTF? are you kidding me?".

I eventually got an exchange, but wow that was low.....
Why the **** would they give you a PAL version in the first place?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It'd be more likely it'd be just Banjo tbh

I may be mistaken but did Nintendo actually own their IPs the same way they do with Pokemon?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

I may be mistaken but did Nintendo actually own their IPs the same way they do with Pokemon?
Gamefreak is very hard to work with according to Sakurai which explains the lack of amiibo Pokemon support, no Pokemon attraction in Nintendo Land, and Jill not appearing in Smash WiiU.

Who knows how Rare would have been like

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Nintendo never owned Rare. They had a 49% stake in them though. The only characters they ever had ownership of were the Kongs, Kremlings and Krystal which Rare essentially invented for them.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy **** the comments. Jesus christ are your American GameStop's bad! Glad we don't have them in my country!
HoodieNinja_7 from Youtube said:
Story time. So for games in my area, you have two options Both of them are Gamestops You've got the nice one with the great staff and the huge selection, and then there's the other one. So this place is in a mall notorious for stabbings after 6:00 or so. The employees are mostly just clueless girls, clueless guys, or assholes. This is about the time that the remake of Star Fox 64 was released. Walk in, looking for the game. Note that I am a tall, blonde, girl, wearing a shirt with very prominent lettering saying "Corneria Flight Academy, Arwing Squadron" and the Star Fox logo. My phone case, which can be seen clearly as I'm texting a friend, is designed to look like the cover to an instruction manual, like the sort you'd get with a car or lawnmower, but labeled "Arwing Service and Repair Manual," with a wire frame image of the spacecraft in question. It's pretty obvious I know the series. I grab a copy of the remake, walk up to the counter. Two cashiers. One girl who I know to be a total ditz, one guy who I know to be an absolute asshole. I take game up to the girl, because I'm pretty sure she won't give me much trouble. Nope. Her: "What's this? Why would you want this? There's no female empowerment in this game, and you can't play as a girl, so what's the point? You should try one of the 'Imagine' games instead." Oh man, she's going to go feminist on me. I decide to skip the argument and just get in the guy's line, despite it being fairly long. 15 minutes pass. Finally. Him: "Oh, hey nice to see you here again." (I'm a regular of theirs) Me: "Just this for today. Man, can't believe this is the fifth time I'm buying this game." (I own four other different versions of this particular title, the remake is not among them yet) Him: "Oh, maybe you should stop loosing them.laughs" At this point, I'd rather be home, playing my game. Me: "Actually, I own two copies of the North American release of the game this is a remake of, one modified Japanese, and one modified PAL." Him: "Whatever. Hey, before I ring you up, I just want to make sure you know that there aren't any girls in this game. That okay with you?" Me: "Even if you weren't wrong, I'd be fine with it." He stares at me before coming back with this genius response. Him: "No, not Krystal, sweetie. She wasn't around yet." Me: "Then clearly you aren't very good at the game." I've offended him. He retorts with a holier-than-thou attitude. Him: "Oh, really? I've beaten this game three times now. I haven't seen any furry ****." Yes, that's actually what he said. At this point, I have two options. Leave without my game, or leave with my game and the satisfaction of proving this guy wrong. I choose option B. Me: "If you wound up on the path to the real ending, you'd encounter a character named Katt Monroe. Well, that is, If you can make it past the first bit of Zoness." At this point, I can tell that I've lost him. Instead of responding, he rings up my game, takes my money, and leaves me alone. As I leave, I can hear him talking to himself. "What's Zoness?"
Well damn.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
OHhhhh so that's what it is

My friend kept arguing with me that it was a Dragon Fly, but I don't believe it. Dragon Flies are bro's, they don't enter people's houses and become pest.

Robber Fly

Dragonflies tend to be much more vibrant colors, and resemble helicopters while flying. Pretty cool little dudes, honestly.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just watched the whole podcast.

This changed how I look at the company.

NOA.

They get it.

They are us.

This kind of interview was perfect. It wasn't too invasive. It wasn't accusatory and it just let him to go and talk about whatever he wanted to.

They understand EVERYTHING!

Literally everything.

NOA has my utmost respect now. They make mistakes but spending an hour listening to this man talk about his likes and his job on a casual level just made me learn to love Nintendo a little more.

NOJ seems much harder to work with than I thought though. It does sound like it is a bunch of old Japanese business not trying to understand the market or why the people they hired are hesitant to do something. The whole "New Super Mario Bros" story was really eyeopening.

Still, props to Chris Pranger.

Keep on keeping on!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Are you European?
Australian. Apparently it's the same thing where Nintendo is involved.

Still, that's a huge win. It's so expensive on eBay here and I dont fancy playing it on the N3DS.

Also Zelda TriForce Heroes or whatever it's called has a release date.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yo Swamp, how was S.T.E.A.M?
If you like strategy games or the literature the characters are based on, it's definitely worth buying. I consider myself moderately read in fiction and was a history major so seeing all the references to history and fiction was neat.

It isn't for everyone but its of high quality.

I just feel like people shrug it off as blind jingoism when it really isn't that at all.

It's more like a love letter to America from another country. It kind of feels like: "Hey, we actually think your culture, history and literature is pretty interesting," as opposed to Americans tooting their own horn. And considering how much blind hatred the United States gets nowadays it feels refreshing.

Also Zelda TriForce Heroes or whatever it's called has a release date.
Really?

What's the date?

Also, is that a bad sign for directs?

Are they no longer a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom