• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Since we're on the sprite animation nostalgia train, has anybody watched Super Smash Adventure's by BrawlFan1? Here's the first episode btw:

Though not as well know as the first two animations mentioned, it's still fairly entertaining and the animation and writing get better the more it progresses. It's still ongoing but extremely slowly (warning, there are some fan characters and a OC so I wouldn't recommend it if that's not your thing).

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh Lord The Fantastic 4 Movie isn't shaping up too well. It got released in Europe around today but the embargo isn't up yet but man, the reception is BAD

https://twitter.com/FB_BMB

Oh Lord The Fantastic 4 Movie isn't shaping up too well. It got released in Europe around today but the embargo isn't up yet but man, the reception is BAD

https://twitter.com/FB_BMB
the greatest sin
Oh, and there's no Stan Lee cameo in it, either.
I was certain the movie wouldnt be good so im not surprised. Feel a little bad for Stan though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's this about a Fantastic Four embargo?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually, that artcile about Sakurai doesn't surprise me much.

He told on twitter to be to the brink of death when choosing characters and it was about the pressure.

I honestly expect such a reaction if he felt that much pressure and reallised that people aren't entirely satisfied.....

But sad still :(

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Since we're on the sprite animation nostalgia train, has anybody watched Super Smash Adventure's by BrawlFan1? Here's the first episode btw:

Though not as well know as the first two animations mentioned, it's still fairly entertaining and the animation and writing get better the more it progresses. It's still ongoing but extremely slowly (warning, there are some fan characters and a OC so I wouldn't recommend it if that's not your thing).
Haven't watched it but it's on my too-watch list :p

This reminds me of Smash Kingdom.

The SSE Villans meeting and Geno blowing up Japan were definitely the best parts XD :p
Ridley's Voice :joyful:
And Geno's voice is price-less too :laugh:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Soul.

I shouldn't have read the comments section.

The comments section is just...ironic.

There's a comment about spoiled entitled competitive players.

And then they show up just to prove that person right.
Meh. I find both sides of the same coin dumb in their own ways, but since there's no middle ground, the community itself gets peeved at almost everything.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I shouldn't have read the comments section.
The comments section is just...ironic.
There's a comment about spoiled entitled competitive players.
And then they show up just to prove that person right.
Well.
I think this comment is valid:
To be honest though, Sakurai really needs to realize that making the game play more competitively by nature is NOT going to make the game sell any less than it currently does. :\

Like dude, don't you get it? The casual players (your alleged 'target audience') do not care whether or not the mechanics play more competitively ("like melee") or not. The SOLE reason your casual players (again, your alleged target audience) play Smash is because of the basis of "Playing with your favorite NINTENDO CHARACTERS, with FUN ITEMS FROM NINTENDO HISTORY, on FUN STAGES FROM NINTENDO HISTORY". That's it. That's literally ALL you need for your CASUAL target audience.

Now when it comes to the mechanics, you have all you need to make your hardcore vocal minority happy. And the best part of this? Making the core mechanics be more competitive will NOT HAVE ANY BEARING ON THE CASUAL PLAYERS. Casual and Hardcore: Separate, but Equal. And they still enjoy playing with eachother. (as long as oneanother aren't total douchebags ;p)

That, my friends, is how you garner the best of both worlds. :)

Soul.

That is very true, but making it play like Melee again is not logical. At least for me, it isn't. Melee is still thriving competitively whereas Smash 4 is receiving patches and growing competitively.

I love Melee but god damn.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It does, but at the same time. I can see Sakurai's line of thinking.

It's in no way expected (nor should it be) for an artist's place to be asked to change their vision or intent for their project in any way.

Especially for the minority of their fanbase.

Listening to fan bases too much in any way really? It gets in your head and can easily change and warp your project till it loses it's way.

Take Glee for an example. I find it humorous so much of it's fanbase asked for nearly every development they also hated.

We as fans like to think we're right, but often, but not always? We're so very wrong.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Help me identify this creature that entered my house

It's big and I manged to get it outside, but i'm curious to know what the hell is this thing.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just had a dream that I was talking with a very cute writer in this very thread. I'm extremely disappointed to see Melee discussion instead.

(happy to see you guys though :p)

Sakurai made every smash game amazing there is no denying that. He can be a bit stubborn/ silly about some things (refusal of a "no hazards" switch)* but he gets **** done. Now let's throw in how much was given to the competetive playstyle like for glory, the great legal stage list and game physics and honestly i think he is doing great. Going straight into melee 2.0 would have been silly because of just how much of a jump on playstlye it would be. The fanbase would need to be eased into a more and more competerive game anyway.

I would love a global reduction of move lag though. . .

*i wonder what the real reason this wasnt added is. Was it really because its been done before or was it maybe a lack of dev time or something else?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Just had a dream that I was talking with a very cute writer in this very thread. I'm extremely disappointed to see Melee discussion instead.

What are you talking about, we are all ultra cute.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Help me identify this creature that entered my house

It's big and I manged to get it outside, but i'm curios to know what the hell is this thing.
probably either a fly or a weird damselfly, judging by the small antennae and large-looking eyes
i'm leaning towards the former because of the unevenness of its abdomen and bristlyness of its feet

(there are a ton of insects though so who knows)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

isitme.png

Was it me?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I bring down our cuteness by like 50% though. of course we're talking about a wario lover so who knows
Haha Wario isn't cute
He's sexy

For the record the dream writer had long hair, and was a bit snarky. Anyhow let's stop talking about this before it gets creepy. Thanks for the laughs!

Hey guys, me and friends were talking about that Project M leak of Knuckles and Lyn.

You guys think one of them will be revealed at Smashcon?
Project M and Smash Flash really interest me because of how secret their development is even though being fan made.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
But guys I am the cutest, literally fight me if you think otherwise :troll:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Haha Wario isn't cute
He's sexy

For the record the dream writer had long hair, and was a bit snarky. Anyhow let's stop talking about this before it gets creepy. Thanks for the laughs!

Project M and Smash Flash really interest me because of how secret their development is even though being fan made.
And also they both don't reveal newcomers for like 3 years

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
What are you talking about, we are all ultra cute.
I couldn't say Trevor is Cute.

Nice to see you too.
Honestly Trying to find gifs of Trevor is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm the cutest let's be real

On another topic of not being cute, do you think they could've cut Knux and Lyn? I very much doubt it. That'd be very unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom