• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
A minor character in a major series is more noteworthy than a major character in a minor series.
oh, absolutely! even though it's one of the biggest nintendo series not currently in smash (alongside uh... rhythm heaven, splatoon, brain age, and possibly pushmo?), it's deadish and i definitely don't expect a GS character.

So which one of these is in Smash

View attachment 66118
>one of the first handheld video games
>minor

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Again, people still say that Dixie would be a Diddy clone and K. Rool would be a Bowser clone. The fact that those two have moves defined in canon already is irrelevant.

When it all boils down to it, all three cases are people saying "____ looks like ____, so they'd just be a clone!". They're jumping to conclusions about characters they know nothing about.
"DUDE RYU WOULD BE A LITTLE MAC/MARIO/CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE"

I hate this believe that everything will be a clone of everything.

My argument is that I want more different characters. That's it.
Yes and Isaac is a different character. He isn't like most characters and will never be like most characters.

I don't look at looks, I look at moveset, MOVESET.

You know, that thing that separates the original fighters from straight clones. Now playstyle maybe but Isaac is about as Different as K. Rool, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Krystal or even Shantae. No one plays, fights or looks like him.

NO ONE

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Isaac is different enough, besides, we barely have any non-pokemon RPG characters
I'm not even disputing that he'd be different. It's basically a case of me (personally my opinion) preferring to have a character who is completely not another sword user from a niche RPG game, when we could have someone who ISN'T another sword user from a niche RPG game. There are so many choices to choose from.

That's literally all there is to it. I want someone who is as different as possible as other characters. I don't see Isaac as being that. It's an opinion that I know not many people share, and that's fine.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I really don't know very much about Golden Sun to have much of an opinion on it.....

I've played a bit of Dark Dawn and whilst I liked the gameplay a lot, the dialogue dragged on a little too much for my taste....

Last edited:

Chrono.

I really don't know very much about Golden Sun to have much of an opinion on it.

I've played a bit of Dark Dawn and whilst I liked the gameplay a lot, the dialogue dragged on a little too much for my taste....
From what I've read, GS is pretty guilty of this in general.

D

Deleted member

The "sword users" argument is stupid because Swords work in the same way punching and kicking does: each character uses them in a different way.
We have Link, Marth, Ike, Meta Knight, Shulk, Pit and Robin along with 4 (semi)clones, Roy, Lucina, Dark Pit and Toon Link.
Besides the clones, none of them play similarly, the only thing they share is DOWNBDOWNBDOWNB the fact they all use swords.
Marth has spacing as the main focus of his playstyle
Link uses his items
Meta Knight does his thing
Ike uses brute force
Robin uses magic
Pit is religious uses two blades and other weapons
Shulk has the MUHNADO and its arts

Isaac focus wouldn't even be his sword, it would just be used for A moves much like Robin

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I would say it's the zygarde baby, but it says new pokemon and seems to be a psychic type.
While it's definitely possible it's a new Pokemon, it should be noted that they have referred to forms as "New Pokémon" before. For instance, Giratina-O, Kyurem-B/W and Mega Mewtwo Y were all referred to as new Pokémon despite the fact that they were connected to already known Pokémon.

Also, according to a friend of mine, they usually use purple for Dragon types.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was pushing him because there's no way MRPG was getting a worldwide release.

Hang on. Are you giving a crap about something? Next you'll tell me you don't have 2 thumbs Dr. Kelso!
Maybe it won't, but if emulators aren't an option for him then they're not. I mean I've taken way too long to play a ton of games because I prefer playing them on the original console as opposed to emulators or VC, including SMRPG itself. Which I finally got for SNES and have since proceeded to barely play over the past five years because I'm awful at not replaying the same five games over and over again.

And I do occasionally give a crap about things, just as long as there are few people around and/or it's one of the later seasons. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not even disputing that he'd be different. It's basically a case of me (personally my opinion) preferring to have a character who is completely not another sword user from a niche RPG game, when we could have someone who ISN'T another sword user from a niche RPG game. There are so many choices to choose from.

That's literally all there is to it. I want someone who is as different as possible as other characters. I don't see Isaac as being that. It's an opinion that I know not many people share, and that's fine.
We have a roster of about what? 56? Saying a third RPG newcomer with a sword is too much is seriously annoying. You're also implying Isaac would be the only DLC character then

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

So which one of these is in Smash

View attachment 66118
Are you saying Nintendo's first foray into handheld gaming, the precursor to the Gameboy, with 47 games released in the span of a decade, almost every one of which was ported and rereleased on the later handheld systems, often with improved graphics, is a minor series?

That said, Game & Watch as a character only exists because of Smash. He's arguably a Smash original. I'd put Captain Falcon in the same boat. And Smash is a major series.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We have a roster of about what? 56? Saying a third RPG newcomer with a sword is too much is seriously annoying. You're also implying Isaac would be the only DLC character then
56 I might have you, fight with their fist, kicks and their body. Those characters dominate the roster. HARD.

:4bowser::4falcon::4dk::4diddy::4fox::4falco::4kirby::4greninja::4lucario::4mario::4luigi::4drmario::4littlemac::4pacman::4sheik::4sonic::4ganondorf::4ryu::4wiifit::4wario2::4zss:

That's half of the roster. Something which Swordfighters don't even dominate.

D

Deleted member

In other news:
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I'M HYPERVENTILATING RIGHT NOW.
HOW MANY BLOCKS DOES IT TAKE ON THE 3DS? I NEED TO KNOW NOW!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
55, 6 of which are sword users from niche RPGs. 3 of those were newcomers, one of which also has the addition of magic, and of course one that we've already seen as DLC.

DLC is limited, after all. Of course I'm going to want it to be as diverse as possible.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Are you saying Nintendo's first foray into handheld gaming, the precursor to the Gameboy, with 47 games released in the span of a decade, almost every one of which was ported and rereleased on the later handheld systems, often with improved graphics, is a minor series?

That said, Game & Watch as a character only exists because of Smash. He's arguably a Smash original. I'd put Captain Falcon in the same boat. And Smash is a major series.
Im going to be 100% honest here

I just wanted to have a reason to post that Mario image

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
55, 6 of which are sword users from niche RPGs. 3 of those were newcomers, one of which also has the addition of magic, and of course one that we've already seen as DLC.

DLC is limited, after all. Of course I'm going to want it to be as diverse as possible.
So instead, you want another character from a popular platformer to fight with their limbs. Having Isaac wouldn't instantly make is less diverse, hell, it's how the characters play that makes them diverse

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So instead, you want another character from a popular platformer to fight with their limbs. Having Isaac wouldn't instantly make is less diverse, hell, it's how the characters play that makes them diverse
On what planet is hair a limb?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There's so many arguments going on at once that it's hard to keep track.

You have back and forth arguing about Anna, whether Isaac would be unique, and then random stuff about the roster.

Jeez.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hey Kenbo. :3
I saw you liking my posts earlier.
I spotted myself in the Leaks Group Photo 2.0 and got all misty-eyed. Had to pop in and see what's going on.

Besides, there's no one to prank in the Premium areas.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While it's definitely possible it's a new Pokemon, it should be noted that they have referred to forms as "New Pokémon" before. For instance, Giratina-O, Kyurem-B/W and Mega Mewtwo Y were all referred to as new Pokémon despite the fact that they were connected to already known Pokémon.

Also, according to a friend of mine, they usually use purple for Dragon types.
While purple is true, there are some things that don't up. The cloud's background has a dreamy look to it often assocoated with psychic types. The images has the kanto starters. Maybe it relates to them some how? And joe usually has inside info and probably knows what this is hence why he keeps implying in responses it's definitely a new pokemon not just the magenzine saying it when it's something else.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rash in Killer Instinct? Man, BattleToads seems to be making a comeback.
Just finished Kill la Kill, just saw that a sudden shipping of Ryuko and Mako, I'm completely ok with it.
Finished that show as well. Talk about nuts!
Gamagori is the best character in any anime ever.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I spotted myself in the Leaks Group Photo 2.0 and got all misty-eyed. Had to pop in and see what's going on.

Besides, there's no one to prank in the Premium areas.
Glad it made you happy, I got the same general reaction when I posted it in the leaks group thread.
I never forget anyone in the leaks group.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

And you're making it seem like they dominate the roster. Ness and Lucas are from niche JRPGs and I don't see a sword on either of them. Just a bat and a stick. They might not be newcomers but they fit that niche RPG group that you're complaining about.

Gamagori is ****ing brilliant. His official size is: Bigger than you
Who is bigger:
Gamagori or Ridley?

Favorite character is Nonon
NANI SORE

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And you're making it seem like they dominate the roster. Ness and Lucas are from niche JRPGs and I don't see a sword on either of them. Just a bat and a stick. They might not be newcomers but they fit that niche RPG group that you're complaining about.

Who is bigger:
Gamagori or Ridley?

NANI SORE
Ridley's about 4 meters tall. Gamagori has shown to be much bigger. Also, the scene where he jumps out the window to catch a kid, either the kids running 195 kph or Gamagori intimidated the air so much it let him decend slowly. Besides, he jumped because you can't run in the hallway

D

Deleted member

Who is bigger:
Gamagori or Ridley?

NANI SORE
Gamgori always bigger than you
As such, he's bigger than Ridley.
But the real question remains, who is bigger?
Gamagori or yur mum

Last edited by a moderator:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Ridley's about 4 meters tall. Gamagori has shown to be much bigger. Also, the scene where he jumps out the window to catch a kid, either the kids running 195 kph or Gamagori intimidated the air so much it let him decend slowly. Besides, he jumped because you can't run in the hallway
ridley has actually varied pretty wildly in size, not even counting his nes appearance
someone made a picture at some point that i don't feel like finding

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Gamgori always bigger than you
As such, he's bigger than Ridley.
But the real question remains, who is bigger?
Gamagori or yur mum

Rash in Killer Instinct? Man, BattleToads seems to be making a comeback.

Finished that show as well. Talk about nuts!
Gamagori is the best character in any anime ever.
Those two are my favorite Rare franchises and I want my new Battletoads game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom