• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What do I have to do with this?
Ryuga said nobody was talking about Anna in Smash.

Your post was "I want Anna in Smash".

Tingle appears in three Zelda games, only in WW he had any major role.
Anna has been in every FE game so far(with one exception) with her role gradually becoming bigger and now she's a playable character in two games.
Tingle's role in Majora's Mask is equivalent to Anna's role in every other game she's appeared in pre-Awakening. And she's never had a major role in any of them, including the ones where she's playable (Which isn't really noteworthy. There's dozens of playable characters in Fire Emblem. She's not the main character. She's not even secondary. She's like C-List).

Re-occurring doesn't equal importance. I used to compare Anna to the likes of Impa and Cid, but they've both had more bigger roles than Anna, and that's saying a lot because Impa has only been playable in one spinoff game.

>Comparing a crap one note character like Tingle to a character who has been in every FE and is PLAYABLE in the main series like Anna

And before you start crying, I don't think she should be in Smash 4 considering how many FE characters we have but she's damn incredible and you need to take back that insult
Tingle and Anna are both re-occurring characters.
They both look and act the same in every game they appear in.
They're both completely unimportant in the majority of the games they appear in.
Both have been playable on two occasions.
Their usual role is as a shopkeeper.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Tingle's role in Majora's Mask is equivalent to Anna's role in every other game she's appeared in pre-Awakening. And she's never had a major role in any of them, including the ones where she's playable (Which isn't really noteworthy. There's dozens of playable characters in Fire Emblem. She's not the main character. She's not even secondary. She's like C-List).

Re-occurring doesn't equal importance. I used to compare Anna to the likes of Impa and Cid, but they've both had more bigger roles than Anna, and that's saying a lot because Impa has only been playable in one spinoff game.
I didn't say anything about wanting to sleep with her. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the bright side, at least it ain't Nowi.
I DON'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL

Science X Kill la Kill! http://itionoben.tumblr.com/post/125624891334/seeriously-tannersturnpike-arcticdarkness

Tingle and Anna are both re-occurring characters.
They both look the same in every game they appear in.
They're both completely unimportant in the majority of the games they appear in.
Both have been playable on two occasions.
Their usual role is as a shopkeeper.
I actually didn't see that post D'oh
Oi. You told me about Chocolate pooping Yokai. I want a source

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
#1 What difference does it make?
#2 Please elaborate.
Because we're talking about new characters here? This roster has already seen many additional characters in Isaac's 'class'. Even if you wanted to draw the terrible comparison, Bowser and King Dedede haven't seen anything even remotely similar added to them in this game.

The comparison is terrible because you're trying to say that "big, fat animal #3" is the same thing as "sword user from niche RPG #7". Which it clearly isn't.

EDIT: OK who's the scallywag who pranked me

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
That part wasn't directed towards you, Blue.

It was about Ryuga suggesting that part of the reason I don't want her is because I don't "waifu" her, because she's a girl and I'm gay.

The only reason your post was quoted was to respond to the claim that nobody mentioned Anna in Smash.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Every time someone posts an image of Tiki I get uncomfortable...
We call that puberty, Kenith. Keep growing.

Because we're talking about new characters here? This roster has already seen many additional characters in Isaac's 'class'. Even if you wanted to draw the terrible comparison, Bowser and King Dedede haven't seen anything even remotely similar added to them in this game.

The comparison is terrible because you're trying to say that "big, fat animal #3" is the same thing as "sword user from niche RPG #7". Which it clearly isn't.
1.Isaac is a character where he doesn't have to rely on his sword and would be more of a show off thing like Ganondorf

2.Fire Emblem isn't niche anymore and hasn't been niche since 2012. It's not Mario/Zelda/Pokemon levels of big but it's damn well up there with Kirby and Metroid.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That part wasn't directed towards you, Blue.

It was about Ryuga suggesting that part of the reason I don't want her is because I don't "waifu" her, because she's a girl and I'm gay.

The only reason your post was quoted was to respond to the claim that nobody mentioned Anna in Smash.
It wasn't about you not wanting her for your sexuality, but that you don't think she's an amazing character in FE because of your sexuality. I wasn't talking about Smash

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Gonna call you out on this. Remember when people thought Rosalina would just be a clone? Thing is, saying 'old characters, don't count' is also hypocritical as K.Rool actually is similar to Dedede. Blunderbuss, inhale. Gordo Toss, Klaptrap Toss. Dedede Jump, his jump in DKC1.
Anyone who said Rosalina would be a Peach clone are in the same category as people who say K. Rool would be a Bowser clone or Dixie would work as an Alph-style model swap for Diddy.

It wasn't about you not wanting her for your sexuality, but that you don't think she's an amazing character in FE because of your sexuality. I wasn't talking about Smash
Tomato, tomato.

My sexuality has no bearing on what characters I like and dislike. I don't even hate Anna; I hate the idea of her being playable in Smash given her utter lack of importance and the more than adequate amount of FE characters already present.

For the record, when given the choice, I usually play as female characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyone who said Rosalina would be a Peach clone are in the same category as people who say K. Rool would be a Bowser clone or Dixie would work as an Alph-style model swap for Diddy.
Not really, Dixie doesn't have a tail, K.Rools got much more than that and Rosalina looks very similar to Peach, both don't really do much either so I understand where they were from

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
He's not. This is literally sarcasm. Man Blue, you need a drink. How about going out on the town with us and getting drunk. Leave your Yokais alone, they'll be fine. LET'S GET WASTED
I get the feeling that Blue is a lot like Sheldon Cooper.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Not really, Dixie doesn't have a tail, K.Rools got much more than that and Rosalina looks very similar to Peach, both don't really do much either so I understand where they were from
Diddy and Dixie look alike, too. People who know very little about the series might not know that Dixie has no tail. The fact that many people say Dixie would be a Diddy clone or even a model swap is evident that her lack of a tail doesn't even cross their mind.

Just like how people who know very little about the Mario series might think that Rosalina is Space Peach just because they have similar faces.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Diddy and Dixie look alike, too. People who know very little about the series might not know that Dixie has no tail. The fact that many people say Dixie would be a Diddy clone or even a model swap is evident that her lack of a tail doesn't even cross their mind.

Just like how people who know very little about the Mario series might think that Rosalina is Space Peach just because they have similar faces.
Thing is, Rosalina doesn't really do anything in her moveset she did. Hell, I remember when I first saw Rosalina thinking "Oh cool, Peach is blue now"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem isn't niche anymore and hasn't been niche since 2012. It's not Mario/Zelda/Pokemon levels of big but it's damn well up there with Kirby and Metroid.
Fire Emblem is no where near Kirby or Metroid. It's still VERY much a niche series. I still haven't found any reliable sales figures indicating that it's sold more than 5million in total across its 13 total games.

Gonna call you out on this. Remember when people thought Rosalina would just be a clone? Thing is, saying 'old characters, don't count' is also hypocritical as K.Rool actually is similar to Dedede. Blunderbuss, inhale. Gordo Toss, Klaptrap Toss. Dedede Jump, his jump in DKC1.
TBH I don't actually ever recall many people, if any, saying Rosalina would be a clone. Most notably because no one really talked about her seriously being added until she actually turned up.

Those examples are pretty daffy.
- I highly doubt that KKR's Blunderbuss would inhale in the context of Smash, if he had it at all.
- I can't imagine any way that Klap Traps would work like Gordos (maybe if you used Bowser Jr as an example I would agree). Again, this is if he even used them at all.
- I'm guessing you're referring to his Jump as being a recovery, whereas I'd imagine it to be the machine he used as Baron K. Roolenstein.

You're kind of just twisting a few move ideas to try and make them seem as close as possible to DDDs.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Thing is, Rosalina doesn't really do anything in her moveset she did. Hell, I remember when I first saw Rosalina thinking "Oh cool, Peach is blue now"
Again, people still say that Dixie would be a Diddy clone and K. Rool would be a Bowser clone. The fact that those two have moves defined in canon already is irrelevant.

When it all boils down to it, all three cases are people saying "____ looks like ____, so they'd just be a clone!". They're jumping to conclusions about characters they know nothing about.

Chrono.

Rosa's moveset is based around various SMG mechanics and motifs.

Anyways here's Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Again, people still say that Dixie would be a Diddy clone and K. Rool would be a Bowser clone. The fact that those two have moves defined in canon already is irrelevant.

When it all boils down to it, all three cases are people saying "____ looks like ____, so they'd just be a clone!". They're jumping to conclusions about characters they know nothing about.
K.Rool doesn't even look like Bowser and Dixie looks very different. I never agreed with that notion but it was there
Rosa's moveset is based around various SMG mechanics and motifs.
I played SMG2
You're kind of just twisting a few move ideas to try and make them seem as close as possible to Robin's or Shulk's.
HMMMMMM FEEEEEEEEX! You're argument was literally 'magiknight from RPG? Too samey'

Khoru

Smash Champion
TBH I don't actually ever recall many people, if any, saying Rosalina would be a clone. Most notably because no one really talked about her seriously being added until she actually turned up.

Those examples are pretty daffy.
- I highly doubt that KKR's Blunderbuss would inhale in the context of Smash, if he had it at all.
- I can't imagine any way that Klap Traps would work like Gordos (maybe if you used Bowser Jr as an example I would agree). Again, this is if he even used them at all.
- I'm guessing you're referring to his Jump as being a recovery, whereas I'd imagine it to be the machine he used as Baron K. Roolenstein.

You're kind of just twisting a few move ideas to try and make them seem as close as possible to DDDs.
is it possible for isaac's non-fire, non-wind, non-lightning abilities to be twisted to be anything like robin's? or shulk's, considering his moveset doesn't even use magic?
it's a severe disservice to use what is, for all intents and purposes, the "too many swordsmen" argument.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
K.Rool doesn't even look like Bowser and Dixie looks very different. I never agreed with that notion but it was there

I played SMG2

HMMMMMM FEEEEEEEEX! You're argument was literally 'magiknight from RPG? Too samey'
My argument is that I want more different characters. That's it.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
A minor character in a major series is more noteworthy than a major character in a minor series.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
*Log in to see pages of people talking about my beloved and most-wanted-for-Smash Anna*

I knew I liked this place.

@ Burb Burb , I think you're barking up the wrong tree, no one expects Anna to make it into Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom