• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If there's one thing that can be guaranteed at MineCon it's a load of cringe worthy moments like that.
Minecraft in general is cringe.

Rash in Killer Instinct is the equivalent of Snake in Smash and it's great.
I'm actually waiting on a possible third party character in Street Fighter V.

I know it seems stupid but I doesn't seem impossible with what MKX has and how Soul Calibur has a guest character every game.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
While purple is true, there are some things that don't up. The cloud's background has a dreamy look to it often assocoated with psychic types. The images has the kanto starters. Maybe it relates to them some how? And joe usually has inside info and probably knows what this is hence why he keeps implying in responses it's definitely a new pokemon not just the magenzine saying it when it's something else.
The cloud is consistent with the Kanto starters and Pikachu, so it's more likely that it's supposed to be representative of the fact that they're dreaming rather then a specific typing. There could be a connection between them and the "new Pokémon," though it's also possible they're just marketing the much loved Kanto group like they usually do.

As for Serebii, potentially yes. I can't say for certain as I haven't read his posts, but if he's implying it's actually something new rather then a form, then it definitely should be considered.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
While purple is true, there are some things that don't up. The cloud's background has a dreamy look to it often assocoated with psychic types. The images has the kanto starters. Maybe it relates to them some how? And joe usually has inside info and probably knows what this is hence why he keeps implying in responses it's definitely a new pokemon not just the magenzine saying it when it's something else.
The sleeping Pokemon and dreamy theme mean Munna is going to be a starter in Gen 7.

Hypno is now considered a Legendary as he threatens to devour Dream Land. There is only one Pokemon who can stop him:
:4kirby:

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
*Log in to see pages of people talking about my beloved and most-wanted-for-Smash Anna*

I knew I liked this place.

@ Burb Burb , I think you're barking up the wrong tree, no one expects Anna to make it into Smash.
It doesn't matter. She's being proposed as a playable character in Smash, so I'm commenting on it.

And I'll continue to do so the next time it happens.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Tis' my birthday today. I'm officially 20.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
THIS THREAD MAKES NO SENSE TO ME ANYMORE..

AND THAT'S COMING FROM ME. I'M ROGER.

I have literally not understood how a single conversation/argument has started today. :p

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter. She's being proposed as a playable character in Smash, so I'm commenting on it.

And I'll continue to do so the next time it happens.
I mean, is that really necessary?

"Hey, there's this character I'd really love to see in Smash, I know it's implausible, but it would be cool!"
"This character is completely unimportant and from an over-repped series, what is wrong with you?"

It's one thing to debunk poor logic from people thinking Ridley still has a shot, but telling people off when they simply want a character just makes you an asshole.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Isaac would be more unique than all smash characters together.

I love big booties. Who likes big booties more than big boobies?

@ Das Koopa Das Koopa herzlichen glückwunsch zum geburtstag!

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not even disputing that he'd be different. It's basically a case of me (personally my opinion) preferring to have a character who is completely not another sword user from a niche RPG game, when we could have someone who ISN'T another sword user from a niche RPG game. There are so many choices to choose from.

That's literally all there is to it. I want someone who is as different as possible as other characters. I don't see Isaac as being that. It's an opinion that I know not many people share, and that's fine.
I agree with you that, in regards to physical appearance, Isaac is very samey to a lot of the characters on the roster already. He'd look at home next to the Fire Emblem cast. I also think that his moveset potential is a tad exaggerated. While Earth is an element that's used very little in the Smash series, when it boils down to it, he'd still be a magic swordsman, and would likely end up feeling at least a little bit like Robin (which is a problem, given that newcomer uniqueness was clearly one of the biggest factors when deciding the roster. Chrom is evidence of this).

That said....I've always found the "too many swordsmen!" complaint to be extremely ridiculous. Nobody ever says "We have too many martial artists!" or "We have too many characters with guns!". Using a sword is not a gimmick, and they really don't play any differently than a character who punches and kicks.

There's plenty reasons to not want Isaac, but "he's got a sword" just isn't a very good one. At this point, there's not many important Nintendo characters who wield a weapon that's not already used by a Smash character in some way or another.

I mean, is that really necessary?

"Hey, there's this character I'd really love to see in Smash, I know it's implausible, but it would be cool!"
"This character is completely unimportant and from an over-repped series, what is wrong with you?"

It's one thing to debunk poor logic from people thinking Ridley still has a shot, but telling people off when they simply want a character just makes you an *******.
It's a little hard for me to take you seriously when you're cussing at me just because I'm telling people that I think putting a Fire Emblem shopkeeper into Smash as a playable character is a dumb idea that will never happen.

You said yourself that you know it's not gonna happen, so what's wrong with me telling you that myself?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Couldn't be me, I haven't posted here since like... well, now, I guess.
Seen that you liked a post of mine couldn't view it though, But I presume it was the old thread :p Nice to see you return.

Tis' my birthday today. I'm officially 20.
Happy Birthday Good Sir :seuss:

And just a little thing I want to point out.
If Isaac gets in. And he doesn't end up holding his Sword in one way or another, Which is very similar to his Brawl artwork.

Well he would be the first in the Smash Bros 4 Line up to not be holding his sword at all.
Which would be pretty awesome :grin:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think it may have something to do with the way you say it.
And how much you say it.
Exactly. Burb's entire existence is now bordering on:

''TO THE BURB MOBILE SOMEONE IS HAVING FUN WITH AN UNLIKELY CHARACTER!"

75 percent of his contribution to the thread is him telling them things they not already know, but telling them in a way that comes across as if they're lesser for even daring to dream.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, since Burb permanently has me on Ignore, I can share my feelings on him without consequence.
I miss you Burb-dono. My world is a cold and lonely one without your noticing me. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy birthday Das Koopa
Which is "feliz aniversario" in portuguese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom