• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just another day in the general chest discussion thread.

I do like me some breasts, stripped, fried, and with some barbecue sauce. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let's go over a list of Anna's best characteristics and achievements, shall we?

- Redhead
- Sassy
- Hips of truth
- Cares about what's important (money)
- Plenty of Anna(s) to go around
- Everything else
- Anna for Smash

Chrono.

The SSF2 versions of the Ryu and Ken sound really bad imo

Should've gone with the Alpha versions

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just another day in the general chest discussion thread.

I do like me some breasts, stripped, fried, and with some barbecue sauce. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
O.O please never grow...Otherwise the mean Solid Krok with the floating limbs will eat you
Not deviantart it's because of his story I already know his story in SMRPG before I discover the comics
You linked a fan comic, that's what Burb's getting at
This Thread. Honestly,

Besides Look at her :happysheep:
I plan on cosplaying as Based Anna for a reason. Wait, are those heels? Well ****. Better learn to walk

D

Deleted member

- Redhead
- Sassy
- Hips of truth
- Everything else
- Anna for Smash
Lots of Money to fund your army
Controls RNG based events so you'll be getting 1% crits
You can share her with your friends

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Isaac is nothing like Shulk or Robin.
Neither of them use anything akin to Earth magic / Djinns.
Are you seriously trying to tell me that someone who is a magic + sword user from an RPG game is nothing like Robin? So what if it's a "different magic"? I never said that he'd be identical to any one character. But he's still samey to other characters. All I'm saying is I want someone MORE different than Isaac would be. There are already newcomers that fill his niche.

So say we got Wolf, K Rool, Isaac and someone else.
How would you feel about this?
And yes they are my top 3 for DLC :roll:
That'd be fine.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Judging by the sole fact that Chun Li didn't get recognized in Smash in some form upset me.

Badly. So much so that almost every stage in Smash (sans anything related to :4pacman:&:4sonic:) should have a Street Fighter song from all the games.

I won't be satisfied until Hyrule Castle gets Cammy's theme, Boxing Ring gets Balrog's theme and Final Destination has Volcanic Rim

- Redhead
- Sassy
- Hips of truth
- Everything else
- Anna for Smash
Don't forget that most of all she's a perfect mother.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Actually, if anything we were also trying to get him to play it at the end
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but...that was part of my point. I know everybody was trying to get him to play it, even after he said to give him a few days, that emulation wasn't possible, etc. Given that his very first comment bringing light to the fact that he hadn't played SMRPG was saying he'd be playing it shortly, it wasn't necessary to try and coerce him to play it faster.

You are right about that.

I don't really have a problem with him never playing SMRPG and supporting Geno. I do think some of us here are supporting Takamaru while never playing his game.

On the other hand, I think it's kind of a problem that he has questionable arguments (such as inflating his importance and being a bit very defensive) about Geno's chances, which is honestly weird for someone who hasn't played the actual game if you ask me.

Not justifying the gang up though, I don't generally like that kind of thing either. It's just that it kinda struck me out as weird.

No offense or anything to Geno Boost.
As I said: It's fine to disagree, respectfully. But most of the response to the idea that he hadn't played SMRPG but was supporting Geno ardently was to laugh, which is not respectful.

Nobody's making fun of him for supporting Geno. It's about him basing everything he says and does around Geno when he's never even played the only game he has a significant part in.

Considering that he regularly argues with people who support Paper Mario and made a post earlier talking about how he was blocked by someone on Miiverse for saying Shantae is unpopular in Japan, I don't think the fact that he's a teenager makes a difference. If he's willing to dish it out, he should be able to take it.

I agree that people shouldn't have demanded he get a ROM and crap like that, and yes, it probably shouldn't have gone on this long, but the whole "You guys are bullying an innocent child!" nonsense really should've stopped after Swampasaur and Roger Smith tried it a week or two ago and he ended up going after Luigi the President for supporting Paper Mario in the middle of the two of them talking about how I'm a horrible antagonist.
I know why people are making fun of him. The problem isn't the why, it's the "making fun of."

Let's put it this way: Who cares how old he is, you should be respectful regardless of his age. If it was anybody else being ganged up on and laughed at en masse like that, I'd be calling it out all the same. What he said on Miiverse is literally entirely irrelevant to this whole thing and I've no idea why you're bringing it up, and him arguing with people supporting Paper Mario is also irrelevant. I literally said there's no problem with disagreeing, what there is a problem with is people being aggressive or derisive, especially when half the thread feels the need to chime in on the same point. The forum rules don't say "If somebody harasses you first, you can harass them back no problem," not to mention that I don't think he's done something akin to this before.

Also, nobody said "you're bullying an innocent child," or anything close to it. Pointing out his age is, IMO, more to remind people that everybody regrets things that they do when they're younger and you might not have appreciated a bunch of adults laughing at you over it when you did it. But that wasn't a primary point of my argument, it wasn't even something that I said directly, and addressing that is not really any sort of contradiction to my point. You can remove that point from everything I said and it doesn't change the end result.

^ Also, this.

There's been several Geno arguments involving this guy over the past month or so, and it's a bit surprising to learn that all this time, he's never played the game and likes the character because he saw some pics of him on DeviantArt.

It probably didn't warrant everyone in the topic taking jabs at him, but it more than warranted a response.
It was worth addressing, but again, I have never once said "Don't disagree," I said to do so respectfully.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
We're talking about a minor shopkeeper/NPC from an over-repped series being in Smash again?

Oh boy.

Let's put it this way: Who cares how old he is, you should be respectful regardless of his age. If it was anybody else being ganged up on and laughed at en masse like that, I'd be calling it out all the same. What he said on Miiverse is literally entirely irrelevant to this whole thing and I've no idea why you're bringing it up, and him arguing with people supporting Paper Mario is also irrelevant. I literally said there's no problem with disagreeing, what there is a problem with is people being aggressive or derisive, especially when half the thread feels the need to chime in on the same point. The forum rules don't say "If somebody harasses you first, you can harass them back no problem," not to mention that I don't think he's done something akin to this before.
That's my point.

He went after someone a while back just for making a post saying why Paper Mario's chances are good. He outright pulled a Burb, and nobody cared.

I understand disagreeing with people isn't the problem. But you guys all seem thoroughly convinced that it's 100% about him supporting Geno; and if that's the case, why is it OK for him to take issue with people supporting characters like Paper Mario and Shantae?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Are you seriously trying to tell me that someone who is a magic + sword user from an RPG game is nothing like Robin? So what if it's a "different magic"? I never said that he'd be identical to any one character. But he's still samey to other characters.
If Isaac feels "samey" to Shulk and Robin, then King K. Rool feels "samey" to Bowser and King Dedede.
Except Isaac represents a new series that's nothing like Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but...that was part of my point. I know everybody was trying to get him to play it, even after he said to give him a few days, that emulation wasn't possible, etc. Given that his very first comment bringing light to the fact that he hadn't played SMRPG was saying he'd be playing it shortly, it wasn't necessary to try and coerce him to play it faster.

As I said: It's fine to disagree, respectfully. But most of the response to the idea that he hadn't played SMRPG but was supporting Geno ardently was to laugh, which is not respectful.

I know why people are making fun of him. The problem isn't the why, it's the "making fun of."

Also, nobody said "you're bullying an innocent child," or anything close to it. Pointing out his age is, IMO, more to remind people that everybody regrets things that they do when they're younger and you might not have appreciated a bunch of adults laughing at you over it when you did it. But that wasn't a primary point of my argument, it wasn't even something that I said directly, and addressing that is not really any sort of contradiction to my point. You can remove that point from everything I said and it doesn't change the end result.

It was worth addressing, but again, I have never once said "Don't disagree," I said to do so respectfully.
Eh, it's because he'll most likely have to wait, we want him to actually play SMRPG. Kinda like how when I said I never played Prime 1 I got egged on once. Best choice ever

Burb

The Absolute Worst
>minor
>NPC
You mean Toad, right?
No, I'm talking about Fire Emblem's equivalent of Tingle, Anna.

Toad's already disconfirmed since he's a special move. Anna's a trophy at best, and she's already got that role.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Eh, it's because he'll most likely have to wait, we want him to actually play SMRPG. Kinda like how when I said I never played Prime 1 I got egged on once. Best choice ever
He's expressed numerous times that he's going to play it and that, for various reasons, the alternative methods were not plausible for him. It isn't necessary to push him on it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Actually, we're just praising her in general, not specifically smash. I understand that you don't waifu her, as Anna's a woman, but hey, she's a fan favourite for a reason
I'd really like to see Anna myself, but the least I expect is a Mii costume at this point.
Not sure what my sexuality has to do with this, anyway. I like and support plenty of characters I wouldn't want to sleep with. :rolleyes:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He's expressed numerous times that he's going to play it and that, for various reasons, the alternative methods were not plausible for him. It isn't necessary to push him on it.
I was pushing him because there's no way MRPG was getting a worldwide release.

Hang on. Are you giving a crap about something? Next you'll tell me you don't have 2 thumbs Dr. Kelso!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Toad's already disconfirmed since he's a special move. Anna's a trophy at best, and she's already got that role.
I now have horrifying Tingle Anna pictures in my head

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
In that gamefaqs thread about the guy who got blocked by sakurai:
Given how much hard work he puts in his games, I'm not surprised.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that someone who is a magic + sword user from an RPG game is nothing like Robin? So what if it's a "different magic"? I never said that he'd be identical to any one character. But he's still samey to other characters. All I'm saying is I want someone MORE different than Isaac would be. There are already newcomers that fill his niche.
Earth magic itself is a different kind of magic compared to other magic users in the game.

Not sure what my sexuality has to do with this, anyway. I like and support plenty of characters I wouldn't want to sleep with. :rolleyes:
What do I have to do with this?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

>Comparing a crap one note character like Tingle to a character who has been in every FE and is PLAYABLE in the main series like Anna

And before you start crying, I don't think she should be in Smash 4 considering how many FE characters we have but she's damn incredible and you need to take back that insult

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Isaac feels "samey" to Shulk and Robin, then King K. Rool feels "samey" to Bowser and King Dedede.
Except Isaac represents a new series that's nothing like Fire Emblem or Xenoblade.
#1 Bowser and King Dedede aren't newcomers.
#2 That comparison is completely terrible.

D

Deleted member

Tingle appears in three Zelda games, only in WW he had any major role.
Anna has been in every FE game so far(with one exception) with her role gradually becoming bigger and now she's a playable character in two games.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
We're talking about a minor shopkeeper/NPC from an over-repped series being in Smash again?

Oh boy.

That's my point.

He went after someone a while back just for making a post saying why Paper Mario's chances are good. He outright pulled a Burb, and nobody cared.

I understand disagreeing with people isn't the problem. But you guys all seem thoroughly convinced that it's 100% about him supporting Geno; and if that's the case, why is it OK for him to take issue with people supporting characters like Paper Mario and Shantae?
3 reasons weren't a fact for paper Mario so it wasn't actually true I am not fighting for it
Shantae isn't popular In japan and that's not something false and I wasn't fighting someone for it

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh nonsense. Obviously the best FE character is Barth. I mean, look at him:

Who wouldn't want a piece of this?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not sure what my sexuality has to do with this, anyway. I like and support plenty of characters I wouldn't want to sleep with.
Anna's best waifu, so I guess that's why. Then again, I wouldn't sleep with Ridley. Too big
All according to keikaku.

Anna is not how you spell Tiki. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DAMMIT SOLID KING RAY.LIGHT

Screw Tiki. She almost ate RNG Goddess

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tiki is love
Tiki is life

image.jpg

I love Aanna but don't ever make me choose between Greedy Gal and Daughter of Naga, I'll cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom