• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i was not prepaired for the level of feels that episode 25 of yokai watch would deliver

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Yokai designs are adorable.

Chrono.

I didn't expect After Burner II to be THIS unforgiving

I blame AB Climax for actually having a health bar.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Here's the final one, Bushinyan, one of the very first legendary Yokai met in the game. A master of the sword skills and an ancestor of Jibanyan.

so i was not prepaired for the level of feels that episode 25 of yokai watch would deliver
The story behind Jibanyan?
Yeah, that's probably the first time a wide-stream phenomenon actually made me tear a bit.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
When are directs usually announced? Two days before?
I believe it's usually one day before. I think I remember the April Fools Direct being announced on 31st of March. They could potentially announce it at anytime, but one day before is probably a safe guess.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I believe it's usually one day before. I think I remember the April Fools Direct being announced on 31st of March. They could potentially announce it at anytime, but one day before is probably a safe guess.
they also usually announce it at around early afternoon so 12 to 15 usually.

Meaning that don;t expect one tomorrow :(

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think Nintendo will do a Direct the same week as Gamescom. It would be better to wait and have all eyes on them.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't think Nintendo will do a Direct the same week as Gamescom. It would be better to wait and have all eyes on them.
That would be kind of cool if Nintendo were to do a Direct live straight from Gamescom. I doubt it would happen, but it would just be neat seeing everything not scripted XD.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
There needs to be some kind of moderation for the Miiverse stage, it's starting to get ridiculous. Duck Hunt was in a match I just played, and one of his supporting posts featured a penis. G&W was also there, and one of his swore (just "hell," so no big deal really, but this is a kid's game).

The "this character sucks" stuff was getting old already, but this is just bad. Smash shouldn't be a game that you can't play around kids. I really hate the Smash community sometimes.
Personally, I find the entire stage hilarious and fun.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Konami, huh?

I remember back in 2000, when I was just a child barely in elementary school, a friend gave me his Nintendo 64 and a game with it, the historically forgotten Goemon's Great Adventure (Mystical Ninja 2 in Japan). I am forever within a debt I will never repay, because this was responsible for not only one of my favorite childhood experiences, but also my introduction into video games and Japanese culture. As you may know, Konami created the Ganbare Goemon series, and the N64 titles were among the last before the series died off. Goemon's Great Adventure remains one of my favorite games to this day, that will never change.

There was this side-quest involving a female ninja who had this part-time job of answering problems over the phone, and she had to calm down a child who was afraid of thunderstorms. (You can also listen to the theme song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG9guZkQGwg&list=PL64237591B8E34EE6&index=54)

During the conversation, the female ninja mentions how one could become a video-game designer, and even gives instructions on how to eventually apply for Konami. As a child who has yet to experience the hardships of life, I was excited. Even though I didn't fully understand at the time, Konami was the primary cause for not only my first ever video game I ever played, but also the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game craze of the early 2000's (seriously, I was a part of the experience - my first card was Pot of Greed) and later the Castlevania series when I was in senior year of high school. Hell, I'm located right next to Konami's base of operations in the United States. All these great memories I will never forget; I owe everything to Konami. Everything.

What happened to you, Konami? That child who grew up into adulthood, that child who wanted to become a video-game designer and apply for Konami, would ask this question well over a decade later. It's like in Ocarina of Time when Link traveled seven years into the future, and found the Hyrule Marketplace in a desolate and destructive ruin, of despair and despondency. Goemon is dead, Castlevania is a rotting corpse, the Yu-Gi-Oh meta game is too complicated for me lol, and the corrupted, money-grubbing, corporate ******** that are the Konami higher-ups have taken those childhoods dreams, crucified them, and left them to bake under the harsh sun of reality. Not only do they disrespect their own video-game legacies, but also those who have tirelessly worked on them (blood, sweat, and tears for those who want cliches). Capcom is no longer the go-to company to bash and criticize because of this - it's Konami, and for completely justified reasons. I feel terrible for whoever has to work for them under these bad conditions. I don't even know if I should even buy Metal Gear Solid V because of Konami's poor conduct toward Kojima.

I will always cherish these video-game memories, but now there is a certain kind of sadness to it, like remembering something that was once great but being reminded that it no longer is. I've grown up now.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How many episodes of the anime is there?

It's not one of those ''I got behind for 5 episodes and now they're 300 more to catch up on" situations is it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How many episodes of the anime is there?

It's not one of those ''I got behind for 5 episodes and now they're 300 more to catch up on" situations is it.
About 80 right now, none are wasted filler. 55 of those episodes are subbed right now. Each episode covers 1-2 different Yokai for people to learn about each one. It's a pretty interesting, addicting anime in general.

Chrono.

I just remembered that one fake leak where the guy claimed he was Xander but he didn't even spell his name right. lol

Anyways yeah, fake as hell.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
About 80 right now, none are wasted filler. 55 of those episodes are subbed right now. Each episode covers 1-2 different Yokai for people to learn about each one. It's a pretty interesting, addicting anime in general.
Not bad, wish they were all subbed though. :ohwell:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also why would you pick Chrom to fake?

Chrom's deader than the pretty much any other popular character at the moment.

He's pretty much hanging with Ridley.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
If Chrom becomes playable after everything he's got going against him.
Mii Costume.
Part for Victory screens and Final Smash.
Part of a guidance.
Already two other characters from the same game in his series which has a wide vast for characters to begin with.
And not only having someone else from Fire Emblem being DLC.
And the most important canon reason:
Being Falcon Punched clean of the roster.:4falcon: Hyes.
Well I honestly will give him major props. You could call me impressed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The salt would be ocean levels if Chrom were DLC.

I think if any FE character got picked for DLC at this point the salt would be artery clogging.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Chrom becomes playable after everything he's got going against him.
Mii Costume.
Part for Victory screens and Final Smash.
Part of a guidance.
Already two other characters from the same game in his series which has a wide vast for characters to begin with.
And not only having someone else from Fire Emblem being DLC.
And the most important canon reason:
Being Falcon Punched clean of the roster.:4falcon: Hyes.
Well I honestly will give him major props. You could call me impressed.
I think it would bring a whole new meaning to his catchphrase.

"Anything can change!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom