• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if there's two Street Fighter 2 characters remaining, let's think who they could be.

Zangief: Archetypical giant grappler. Double if R. Mika is in the game
Akuma: Curious to see how they differ his design from Ryu this time
Guile: I doubt it as Charlie is already here but I can definitely see him somewhere down the line, especially now Charlie has a bunch of new stuff to differ them
Blanka & E. Honda: The rest of the original 8
Sagat & Balrog: The rest of the Elite Four
Fei Long, T. Hawk & Dee Jay: The rest of the New Challengers.

I believe Zangief and either Sagat or Akuma. I could also see Akuma not being playable at first but being in as a secret boss that's stupid hard to beat.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Even if there's a new grappler.

None of them can replace Zangeif.
I don't think it'd be permanent, regardless of whether it's someone like Alex or a completely new face.

If he's not one of the remaining characters from the green area, I believe he's highly, highly likely to be DLC.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think it'd be permanent, regardless of whether it's someone like Alex or a completely new face.

If he's not one of the remaining characters from the green area, I believe he's highly, highly likely to be DLC.
That...

That was a joke Burb....

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I've never really played Street Fighter before as I'm terrible at fighting games (except Smash), so I have yet to experience it. Hopefully I can try it someday though!

Last edited:

Chrono.

So if there's two Street Fighter 2 characters remaining, let's think who they could be.

Zangief: Archetypical giant grappler. Double if R. Mika is in the game
Akuma: Curious to see how they differ his design from Ryu this time
Guile: I doubt it as Charlie is already here but I can definitely see him somewhere down the line, especially now Charlie has a bunch of new stuff to differ them
Blanka & E. Honda: The rest of the original 8
Sagat & Balrog: The rest of the Elite Four
Fei Long, T. Hawk & Dee Jay: The rest of the New Challengers.

I believe Zangief and either Sagat or Akuma. I could also see Akuma not being playable at first but being in as a secret boss that's stupid hard to beat.
I'm willing to bet Akuma is first in line for DLC (and as a secret boss like you said).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The main difference between KI and SFV is KI is free to play but has no set characters while SFV is money down but you get the roster of 16 permanently. Works out to about 3.75 a character. I wonder if they'll do a free version down the line.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait for BBA Mega Man's glorious return in Street Fighter V.

It is.....his destiny! :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I don't like the new Youtube layout :^(
Looks like, I dunno, all of the other videoplayers and I hate change

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Komajirou, Komasan's little brother. They both are on a journey to go back to the countryside to their original home, lots of lucky things happen to Komasan as they journey back.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I remember when Castlevania was good

Good times.

On that note I still really need to play SoTN, that game looks amazing.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, that sounds... inappropriate
I guess...

I'm just happy that Blue's happy. Like, i know when i get excited about something, i love it when other people are just excited that i'm excited. I don't know anything about Yokai Watch. Just that Blue loves it.

D

Deleted member

Can someone please make a sit-com about Konami's stupid decisions?
At least then something good/ Funny could come of it.
Not that the latest Castlevania isn't laughably stupid as it is.

As someone who is a of trains. This is sad.
EDIT: Oh and it's a Hudson Series too :'(
Konami: "Hey, you're fired"
Kojima: "Ok, but I'll take Metal Gear with me!"
Konami: "No, your not. BAZINGA!"
*crowd laughs*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I guess...

I'm just happy that Blue's happy. Like, i know when i get excited about something, i love it when other people are just excited that i'm excited. I don't know anything about Yokai Watch. Just that Blue loves it.
my 300 alerts when the Paper Mario stage was announced are agreeing with this sentiment :)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
There needs to be some kind of moderation for the Miiverse stage, it's starting to get ridiculous. Duck Hunt was in a match I just played, and one of his supporting posts featured a penis. G&W was also there, and one of his swore (just "hell," so no big deal really, but this is a kid's game).

The "this character sucks" stuff was getting old already, but this is just bad. Smash shouldn't be a game that you can't play around kids. I really hate the Smash community sometimes.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There needs to be some kind of moderation for the Miiverse stage, it's starting to get ridiculous. Duck Hunt was in a match I just played, and one of his supporting posts featured a penis. G&W was also there, and one of his swore (just "hell," so no big deal really, but this is a kid's game).

The "this character sucks" stuff was getting old already, but this is just bad. Smash shouldn't be a game that you can't play around kids. I really hate the Smash community sometimes.
While they actually censor the acronym "pm" and this is because of project M, but this could also mean paper mario so just....

what?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
i love the idea of pokemon trainer so this is great
i just think the alt choices are weird and should probably just be the different playable characters - i mean, eusine over anything from gen 5?
You can't deny that swanky purple outfit

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I feel like I should share this.
If any of you are fans of HellfireComms, BrainScratchComms, and HPAW Game Podcast, they're doing a charity stream playing Nintendo games for the next two weeks, with a couple of third parties like Castlevania, Megaman and Shantae. It's all for the UK charity organization, Mind, which helps those with mental health issues.
http://www.mind.org.uk/
Here's the schedule.
They are currently playing Sin and Punishment, with Snake and SomecallmeJohnny hosting it.
http://www.twitch.tv/hellfirecomms

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly want to know who thought it was a good idea in the first place
"Hey guys, so, you know about Miiverse and how there's a bunch of inappropriate posts that we have to moderate all the time, so, what if we turned this into a stage without the moderation part?"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I think they should indeed have some kind of moderation going on for that community. Or at least, allow the staff to handpick the more appropriate ones to be featured on the stage. I could have sworn they said they would do something like that back when they first revealed the stage.....

Well either that or give us the option to turn off background support for that stage..... that doesn't involve disconnecting your Wii U internet connection....

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I honestly love the Miiverse stage, the stupider posts the better.

Except for the Shulk miiverse, that makes me butthurt.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I need Resident Evil Mii Fighter outfits for once reason. A realistic gun and maybe some of the more normal everyday attire they'd bring so I can make one of the characters from my series of scripts.

D

Deleted member

Gabunyan, if he bites you, you turn into another Gabunyan. One of the Yokai based on a western monster like the vampire. One more to go!
>Put it in Pokemon
>Teach Bite
>Remove pants
>????
>Profit

Last edited by a moderator:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Mask=better defense, but, if you do an ex mask toss it buffs his attack. Also, purposely removing the claw resets the "damage" it took so it wont come off if you actually get hit.
A funny Pete Holmes skit (and an additional blooper reel) I forgot to add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom