• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only Bomberman game I've played was the demo for Bomberman Ultra. Sue me.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I just found out something that just blew my mind. Nintendo played us like a fiddle, a ****ing fiddle. You remember the Mega Man trailer from E3 2013 after the initial reveal of the game? Well, guess who I just found lurking in the background of the trailer...
Untitled.png

We could have verified that with the ESRB Leaks and found out if it was real easily!!

Last edited:

Chrono.

I've never played a bomberman game at all. If anyone is getting sued it's me.

Keeping up with Konami I have not played castlevania either.
I feel this.

Hell I only got into Castlevania a month ago with the PSP remake of RoB. I've never even played Bomberman.

D

Deleted member

There is no need to sue, for one to miss out on Castlevania is despair all unto itself. (really, though. They're great games)
I've played Bomberman Hero. It's.... probably the only Bomberman game I've ever played.....

Besides some mobile game I guess.....

It was pretty good though and I've completed it 100% once with the special last planet and all.
You 100% completed it? Wow. Good job. That's hard to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I just found out something that just blew my mind. Nintendo played us like a fiddle, a ****ing fiddle. You remember the Mega Man trailer from E3 2013 after the initial reveal of the game? Well, guess who I just found lurking in the background of the trailer...
View attachment 65764
We could have verified that with the ESRB Leaks and found out if it was real easily!!
Ridley and Pacman are in the clouds

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
View attachment 65764
We could have verified that with the ESRB Leaks and found out if it was real or not!!!
We also know it was a bush tbh.....

it;s one of these old rumor stuff. One that actually turned out to be legit was the boxing ring stage, many thought it was a hint to little mac....and it actually was :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
View attachment 65764
It's not. Trust me when I saw that the picture has been around since forever. And we debunked it then as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You 100% completed it? Wow. Good job. That's hard to do.
Thank you.

Yeah, I originally didn't know that there was a bonus planet if you completed all the other planets with a rank 5 but I thought I'd try to do it anyway.

I remember it being pretty difficult yeah. Especially when it came to beating some of the special stages and bosses on time.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
It's not. Trust me when I saw that the picture has been around since forever. And we debunked it then as well.
Er... it's in the actual trailer. I just watched it a few minutes ago.

EDIT: I can see where it may look like a bust in certain areas. It just makes too much sense as the Bowser Jr. trailer takes place in the same area as the Mega Man one. Also, I only just recently joined in on the speculation. I wasn't really around when E3 2013 happened, so I may be unaware of certain things XD.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Unfortunately even if that were to happen, my wish still wouldn't come true. Bomberman Hero is a unique game, even for the Bomberman series. It's sorta like Mario 3D World, except with Bomberman. It's wicked fun. I doubt anyone who works on Bomberman or who ever will again, will ever think about it. (As in it's not on their radar)

It's my favorite Bomberman, though. Always will be.
You mean its like 3D World, as in has a similar playstyle to it? Or that it plays differently from other games in the series, cause if its the latter the 3D World comparison doesn't really work, since most 3D Mario games play differently.

And I doubt your the only one who wants Bomberman Hero 2. And honestly do you want the story of the game continue or would you be happy with a spiritual Successor?

And I do honestly wonder if a Bomberman spiritual Successor would get as quickly funded like Bloodstain and Yooka-Laylea, since there is a gap in the market for a Bomberman like game.

Also Bomberman being gone, just feel wrong to me, while he may have never been at the level of Sonic or Mario popularity, but it just seemed he always be there. Also I never played a Bomberman game, I think, one time one of my brothers brought over Bomberman 64, and I can't remember if I played it or not.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Only 90s kids remember

To this day I still can't see Mewtwo there

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bou mean its like 3D World, as in has a similar playstyle to it? Or that it plays differently from other games in the series, cause if its the latter the 3D World comparison doesn't really work, since most 3D Mario games play differently.

And I doubt your the only one who wants Bomberman Hero 2. And honestly do you want the story of the game continue or would you be happy with a spiritual Successor?

And I do honestly wonder if a Bomberman spiritual Successor would get as quickly funded like Bloodstain and Yooka-Laylea, since there is a gap in the market for a Bomberman like game.

Also Bomberman being gone, just feel wrong to me, while he may have never been at the level of Sonic or Mario popularity, but it just seemed he always be there. Also I never played a Bomberman game, I think, one time one of my brothers brought over Bomberman 64, and I can't remember if I played it or not.
What I'm referring to is that there isn't a Bomberman game like it. It's one of those games in a series that happens once but never again. It also, I'm pretty sure wasn't as commercially successful as a lot of other Bomberman games, either. It was also from the N64 days. The chances of it having a sequel is next to none.

It's gameplay is, (or the other way around) is very similar to Mario 3D World in how you progress and such in levels. It isn't exactly like it, but it's the closest example. Bomberman games generally don't do the third person platformer style, which is why it's quite different than the norm.

I'm mainly just wanting the gameplay to be there. Bomberman Hero didn't have a depthful story or anything (it didn't need one).

Honestly, if there are others out there that want a Bomberman Hero 2, that's pretty cool. I haven't seen many that do.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I know. But it's not Bowser Jr; it's a rock.
Alright. I does look like a rock looking at it at a different angle. I don't really know. I was basing it off this very old video anyways.
My bad! That's what you get for joining speculation late!
You could also say it's a Bowser Jr. shaped rock. :troll:

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
View attachment 65764
I feel like this was intentional.
Notice how both the :4megaman: and :4bowserjr: trailers seem to be in the same area.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
On the subject of Konami. I was going to post that article but yeah, that company is completely scum to its own employees now.

The fact they treat their employees as "useless" and even reassigning their well successful directors/designers/composers's jobs to security/janitor... just wow. They also reassign all the employees who liked a Facebook post of a former employee joining another company. Yes, they've actually took a look at that Facebook post, tracked down which employee liked all those posts and then redeemed them useless. Awful.

There has been more reports of Konami's mistreatment on employees in the past. One of the employees from there was apparently pushed into severe depression. No wonder the likes of Igarashi and Kojima are leaving, along with several creators of Konami/Hudson franchises are leaving. What an awful workplace.

That is really gross and completely abusive to their own employees. After MGSV I might just boycott Konami, not that I doubt it'd change anything but I'm doing it out of principle. Konami seems to be already making that job easy for me though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/0...-is-my-child-and-mega-man-is-my-foster-child/

He isn't lying considering he adopted the series after Akira Kitumura left the franchise but still go jump in a lake Inafune. How about you go away from Megaman in general.
I wonder if that's why he kept trying to make Mega Man the villain of the successor series (Original Mega Man was meant to be the villain of X (who originally had Zero's design) and X was meant to be the villain of the Zero series before it was changed to a wonky copy of him). One of the few situations where higher-up meddling resulted in positive things as they said no.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
On the subject of Konami. I was going to post that article but yeah, that company is completely scum to its own employees now.

The fact they treat their employees as "useless" and even reassigning their well successful directors/designers/composers's jobs to security/janitor... just wow. They also reassign all the employees who liked a Facebook post of a former employee joining another company. Yes, they've actually took a look at that Facebook post, tracked down which employee liked all those posts and then redeemed them useless. Awful.

There has been more reports of Konami's mistreatment on employees in the past. One of the employees from there was apparently pushed into severe depression. No wonder the likes of Igarashi and Kojima are leaving, along with several creators of Konami/Hudson franchises are leaving. What an awful workplace.

That is really gross and completely abusive to their own employees. After MGSV I might just boycott Konami, not that I doubt it'd change anything but I'm doing it out of principle. Konami seems to be already making that job easy for me though.
Yeah, MGS5 is the last Konami game I ever buy. Not counting VC titles etc though, since the old company was good.

Chrono.

I wonder if that's why he kept trying to make Mega Man the villain of the successor series (Original Mega Man was meant to be the villain of X (who originally had Zero's design) and X was meant to be the villain of the Zero series before it was changed to a wonky copy of him). One of the few situations where higher-up meddling resulted in positive things as they said no.
While I would've liked more connections between the X and Classic series, this wasn't the right way to go about it at all ugh.

D

Deleted member

I wish Classic Sonic could be the bad guy of the new Sonic games.
Still better than 06's plot tbh

Chrono.

But Classic Sonic is kid Sonic.

That'd be like Baby Mario being the villain of the next Mario game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's due to Capcom not wanting any Megaman a villain and it is still their best decision with the franchise. The only people who would defend that is Zero fanboys and insane apologist

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I hope if Dixie does get added, that this is one of her palettes. It's her Competitive colour in DKC2 and DKC3. It's pretty slick.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

I hope if Dixie does get added, that this is one of her palettes. It's her Competitive colour in DKC2 and DKC3. It's pretty slick.
No items. Competitive Dixie only. Jungle Hijinks
Defining a new meta today

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Actually, it's starting to look like the green section is for SF2 characters.

Unless Alex and Urien are going to fill the rest of the green spots in the almost-entirely SF2 area, or are going in the blue area that was thought to be for Alpha only, things aren't looking good for them.
So either the blue area is for Alpha characters (Mika+Karin), for "the rest" (any combination of the four) or is simply for characters not in 4 (again, any combination)

All we know is that there needs to be either Zangief or another character to fill that beefy grappler niche (Alex as in Tatsunoko or Hagar as in Capcom 3) Unless that's Birdy's job.

Last edited:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
@ Solfiner Solfiner unrelated, but I started reading Jojo's bizarre adventure and just noticed you got a character from it in your sig. I have been wondering who that and where he is from, haha.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So either the blue area is for Alpha characters (Mika+Karin), for "the rest" (any combination of the four) or is simply for characters not in 4 (again, any combination)

All we know is that there needs to be either Zangief or another character to fill that beefy grappler niche (Alex as in Tatsunoko or Hagar as in Capcom 3) Unless that's Birdy's job.
Or one of the remaining brand new characters could fill the Zangief role.

Last edited:

Chrono.

It's more or less how SFIV (arcade) started out.

SF2 characters + the newcomers.

The console release later added some more characters including some from the Alpha series.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Or one of the remaining brand new characters could fill the Zangief role.
Even if there's a new grappler.

None of them can replace Zangeif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom