• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You guys got a **** ton of confidence in a new Metroid game.

I don't.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect outside of Animal Crossing Wii U.
That was my same thought, lol. I have no hope that we'll see a new Metroid title anytime soon, though I guess that's partially because it's my favorite franchise and I don't want to get my hopes up after it's been semi-neglected for so long.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
https://archive.moe/v/thread/297955485/#297955485
Nintendo E3 & Nintendo Direct:

Wolf, Ryu, Roy and Wonderful Red as characters for Smash
New 3D Metroid but out of Prime saga by Retro
New 2D Metroid for 3DS by Retro
Diddy Kong + Bowser Jr DLC for MK8
Starfox by Platinum
Vanquish 2 exclusive + Vanquish Remake for WiiU by Platinum
Shenmue 3 exclusive for WiiU
New F-Zero by SEGA
Mother 3 in VC
Super Mario Galaxy 3 for WiiU
Resident Evil 2 Remake for WiiU

At least 50% of those are correct. ;)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Literally all I expect so far is:

- Animal Crossing Wii U
- Hyrule Warriors 3DS (Because of the leak)
- Star Fox
- Fire Emblem: Pokemon Edition, I mean IF.

Anything else will surprise me.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just noticed this, and it bothers me (only slightly): Every character that attacks Ness at the beginning of the Lucas trailer is on their home stage, except for Marth (and Bowser, I guess, too, but that's when Lucas appears):

Mario on Mario Galaxy
Little Mac on Boxing Ring
Wario on Gamer
Marth on Palutena's Temple?
Villager on Smashville
Robin on Coliseum
Donkey Kong on Jungle Hijinx
(Bowser on Battlefield)
FE stage for DLC?

Things like this that make me miss the old straw grasping thread. Remember when we had "evidence" of Tom Nook as a second AC rep becasue he wasn't on the background of Town and City and made a longing look at the dropped invitation?

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I don't.

This used to be Star Fox until it finally happened last year.

Now Metroid (and to a lesser extent, F-Zero) is in the role of "Let's predict a new installment at every E3!".

Lazy and generic as heck.

FE stage for DLC?

Things like this that make me miss the old straw grasping thread. Remember when we had "evidence" of Tom Nook as a second AC rep becasue he wasn't on the background of Town and City and made a longing look at the dropped invitation?
Remember when we had "evidence" of a Zelda and Metroid newcomer because they showed trophies of Fi and King Kihunter in Smash Direct?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Only thing I'm sure of happening is Animal Crossing for Wii U being announced and more info on Starfox

My Warp Pipe dreams
A new 3D Mario Game
Zelda Wii U gameplay demo and new trailer
Sequel to Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Snap
Sequels to all dormant Nintendo series
Like Famicom Detectives, now called Wii U Detectives
Also translations for all Japanese Fire Emblem Games, and Mother 1 and 3

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I only have one pipedream:

Mother 3 VC.

But I'd love to see Animal Crossing Wii U, Metroid, etc etc.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
I'm making "No F-Zero" the free space on my E3 Bingo card so I can goad the universe into making a new F-Zero just to prove me wrong.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Shy Guy or bust.
I want it to be a Lakitu, a Yoshi, a Chain Chomp, a Bee and a Luma

Final Fantasy VII remake on Wii U would cause such a Sony and Microsoft fan **** storm.

More so Sony than MS since those fans never got a true mainline FF game until 11 (a not a true game until 13). 7 on Wii U would destroy any Sony fan.

Shenmue and REmake 2 was the one thing that killed it. It looked super plausible. Even Vanquish (now Sega making F-Zero again is fake considering AM2 (the guys who made GX/AX) disbanded years ago

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Resident Evil 2's Remake is the F-Zero of Capcom.

Well, it shares that with a new Mega Man game, but...basically that **** ain't happening.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh, what I want to see at E3?

Likely:
Xenoblade X English trailer
Fatal Frame V English trailer
Punch Out in some shape or form

Pipe dream:
Any form of F-Zero
Snake returning to Smash
GC digital purchasable games

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I don't.

I agree about Metroid.

I'm quite confident about Paper Mario U though.

This used to be Star Fox until it finally happened last year.

Now Metroid (and to a lesser extent, F-Zero) is in the role of "Let's predict a new installment at every E3!".

Lazy and generic as heck.

Remember when we had "evidence" of a Zelda and Metroid newcomer because they showed trophies of Fi and King Kihunter in Smash Direct?
I'm sure Metroid will happen, but I'm not confident it'll happen any time soon.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My pipe dream?

Rosalina spin-off. Complete with an amiibo line dedicated strictly to it to piss mariotehplumber right the **** off.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I was just wondering if Paper Mario Wii U gets announced and it returns to a more classic style, what typical Mario enemies would you want to see as partners?

Personally I want to see a Crazee Dayzee as a partner, not sure why....it just appeals to me.

We'd probably get the usual Goomba and Koopa, but the rest is fair game.
I say give us a Toad partner. We were promised one in the Sticker Star reveal trailer

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Barely any of this felt plausible. I mean one Metroid game is already one thing, plausible sure, but two Metroid games by Retro?

Mario Kart 8 DLC, yeah sure it has those 2 possible characters, but MK8 DLC are done in packs of 3 characters, not 2. Nitpicking, I know.

Wolf, Ryu, Roy and Wonder Red revealed all at once? Haha, good luck with that. Ryu and Roy is very plausible, maybe Wolf too, but Wonder Red is way more likely to be a ballot character than getting in at all. (Especially given how his game bombed real hard)

Why would they make a Super Mario Galaxy 3? 2 existed because they had a bunch of left over ideas from 1 that they didn't get to implemented. There is no need for a 3.

Shenmue, F-Zero, Mother 3, RE2 Remake... uh yeah, sure, whatever. :laugh:

Unsure how I feel about Vanquish 2, I don't think it'll be a Nintendo exclusive though, this just feels like following what exactly happened with Bayonetta.

Star Fox by Platinum, I get so sick of hearing that a lot. Maybe plausible but I doubt it.

2/10 leak

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Barely any of this felt plausible. I mean one Metroid game is already one thing, plausible sure, but two Metroid games by Retro?
Not really.

We could have a Metroid on 3DS by a different dev. Perhaps Next Level Games, who knows.

Worth noting that none of the modern portable Metroid games(Hunters, Pinball) were made by Retro, though Hunters did benefit from Retro's guidance at some point.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Not really.

We could have a Metroid on 3DS by a different dev. Perhaps Next Level Games, who knows.

Worth noting that none of the modern portable Metroid games(Hunters, Pinball) were made by Retro, though Hunters did benefit from Retro's guidance at some point.
That's why I've noted "by Retro". lol

I think it's plausible for 2 separate Metroid games to be developed at once (both by different devs as you say), it has happened multiple times before, but I'm not expecting it tbh.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's why I've noted "by Retro". lol

I think it's plausible for 2 separate Metroid games to be developed at once, it has happened multiple times before, but I'm not expecting it tbh.
:facepalm:

Two Metroid games would be a nice sucker punch to the market at E3.

Since, you know, Zelda supposedly isn't being shown.

Naoshi

I think he said if they made a Rosalina spin-off he'd try to make sure the game was sold out everywhere too. :joyful:
lmao that dude is out of his mind

there's digital too

:facepalm:

Two Metroid games would be a nice sucker punch to the market at E3.

Since, you know, Zelda supposedly isn't being shown.
It would be nice yes. I'm not sure what you're getting at here with me now though. All I said was that 2 Metroid games both being done by Retro is not plausible. I didn't say that 2 Metroids at all is 100% impossible, just not something I'm expecting.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mariotehplumber is god, he'll create a world with no need for Rosalina. :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized that a manip I made of Peach and Rosalina together is used on one of his videos.

I've made it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think he said if they made a Rosalina spin-off he'd try to make sure the game was sold out everywhere too. :joyful:
Ugh. I hate that blonde hentai Rosaline girl. Taking my beautiful DIHSO's slot. What's wrong with her? Rosalin e is SO ugly, and she is hentai and weaboo. I hope that Nintendo never makes a game with her in it again. Rosalina is too anime and she is the worse char. Daisy is the reall goddess of Mario. Daisy is perfect and deserves to be in Smash before Toad, Dixie, and Rosaline herself. Rosaline has weird creeppy animu furry fans.

This is why you lost your dollar yesterday, Nintendo. That is a huge loss. Retire the char "Rosaline" now.

/sarcasm

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Ugh. I hate that blonde hentai Rosaline girl. Taking my beautiful DIHSO's slot. What's wrong with her? Rosalin e is SO ugly, and she is hentai and weaboo. I hope that Nintendo never makes a game with her in it again. Rosalina is too anime and she is the worse char. Daisy is the reall goddess of Mario. Daisy is perfect and deserves to be in Smash before Toad, Dixie, and Rosaline herself. Rosaline has weird creeppy animu furry fans.

This is why you lost your dollar yesterday, Nintendo. That is a huge loss. Retire the char "Rosaline" now.

/sarcasm
Err.....you seem to have Mariotehplumber confused with Michaeloll.

Mariotehplumber = Crazy guy who hates Rosalina and pretty much every other female Nintendo character made after the year 2000, and thinks all of them were made deliberately for fans to draw hentai images of them. Infamously bought a huge supply of Rosalina amiibo just to spite fans of her.

Michaeloll = GameFAQs troll with a gimmick that he's an obsessed Daisy fanboy. Hates "Rosaline" (his name for Rosalina following her voice actress changing to Laura Faye Smith (who he thinks sounds too much like Peach).

Mariotehplumber is god, he'll create a world with no need for Rosalina. :troll:

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Err.....you seem to have Mariotehplumber confused with Michaeloll.

Mariotehplumber = Crazy guy who hates Rosalina and pretty much every other female Nintendo character made after the year 2000, and thinks all of them were made deliberately for fans to draw hentai images of them. Infamously bought a huge supply of Rosalina amiibo just to spite fans of her.

Michaeloll = GameFAQs troll with a gimmick that he's an obsessed Daisy fanboy. Hates "Rosaline" (his name for Rosalina following her voice actress changing to Laura Faye Smith (who he thinks sounds too much like Peach).

Actually, nope. I put in Daisy because Rosalina is more relevant to Mario than her, so it's ironic to say "Rosalina doesn't deserve it, but Daisy does.".

Rosaline was in there to sound stupid, but I don't ever fail at that, so -shrug-:seuss:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'll post my predictions here too; since the other thread don't seem to have too much visibility;

though, I guess the Sonic prediction is already ruled out; since they're wasting money once again with the Boom trademark and doing crossover with... Angry Birds.... on Mobile; (I give up of this franchise); But I'm very optimistic for the rest!

EDIT: Oh, and sure! the Smash content, I believe will be all on Sunday;.. And the Digital Event on Tuesday will be free of any kind of related stuff. The announcement of this Direct changed that too!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll post my predictions here too; since the other thread don't seem to have too much visibility;

though, I guess the Sonic prediction is already ruled out; since they're wasting money once again with the Boom trademark and doing crossover with... Angry Birds.... on Mobile; (I give up of this franchise); But I'm very optimistic for the rest!
Does the Mega Man Collection count as an Mega Man announcement for your list?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Does the Mega Man Collection count as an Mega Man announcement for your list?
Nope; but is one of the indications that a new game is coming (all the things like having Mega Man in Smash, the new cartoon in 2017, a new director and such). .. Maybe not announced at this E3, but I said I'm (for now) optimistic. :p

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This E3 has the potential to be better than the previous two Imo, if I get a release date for X, a couple of great new titles like Metroid and if the DLC trailers are good.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Anyone know why people don't want a SMG3 to happen, I can't really pinpoint the reason.
I personally want that Nintendo keep with the 3D Land/3D World route; .. Or, if they back to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy formula, they do something in another theme, not space again. .-. .. It is actually the charm between these titles, imo. (Galaxy 2 was amazing, but just an extension of the first game).

But I don't think we'll get another Mario platformer so soon; Even with his 30th Anniversary happening (well.. On his 25th anniversary, we just got the re-release of Super Mario All-Stars, lol).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anyone know why people don't want a SMG3 to happen, I can't really pinpoint the reason.
I just think the series is over. 2 only exists because of leftover ideas.

2 doesn't even feature the breakout character heavily, so..it's like?

No real reason. If Galaxy's themes should continue they should be in a series or game based around Rosalina.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I personally think Nintendo is going to pretty much do the same thing as they have the past two years. They're not going to have a huge groundbreaking event. They're going to reveal 2-3 awesome new games that are 2+ years out, talk about games we've been expecting for a long time, and skip over some really "obvious" titles that we think are going to be announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom