• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Artsy Omni has essentially made any visual leak obsolete in my book. I don't even care if it's true in the end.
Omni's leak was very convincing, but it wasn't without its faults. Duck Hunt Duo's position on the screen was a giveaway and and the way the background moved didn't add up.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Omni's leak was very convincing, but it wasn't without its faults. Duck Hunt Duo's position on the screen was a giveaway and and the way the background moved didn't add up.
That's true. However the majority of us in the Leaks Group at the time were fooled by it. I remember someone bringing up the fire background. DHD was seen as a minor point against it but it didn't kill it. Until Artsy Omni uploaded that video, it was almost accepted as fact. That day was so crazy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if any of Omni's projects will be announced as DLC.

Let's go through them one at a time.

Klonoa: More likely another Namco character would be first.
Rayman: Third Party. Would be a cool choice but his amiibo may be a mess.
Shovel Knight: Another third party and a small, though successful Indy.
Banjo Kazooie.: Microsoft is cool with it. Is Nintendo?
King K. Rool: Please yes.
Inklings: I think Inklings will be in Smash. But maybe not for now.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's true. However the majority of us in the Leaks Group at the time were fooled by it. I remember someone bringing up the fire background. DHD was seen as a minor point against it but it didn't kill it. Until Artsy Omni uploaded that video, it was almost accepted as fact. That day was so crazy.
I agree most of us were fooled. I went from thinking it was fake to thinking it could be real when he uploaded the video (the first one, not the one when he admitted it was fake).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wonder if any of Omni's projects will be announced as DLC.

Let's go through them one at a time.

Klonoa: More likely another Namco character would be first.
Rayman: Third Party. Would be a cool choice but his amiibo may be a mess.
Shovel Knight: Another third party and a small, though successful Indy.
Banjo Kazooie.: Microsoft is cool with it. Is Nintendo?
King K. Rool: Please yes.
Inklings: I think Inklings will be in Smash. But maybe not for now.
They could resolve his Amiibo by doing something somewhat similar to this:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Omni even had Ubisoft going for a bit...

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Splatoon is so fun yet it brings out the salt in me especially in the skateboard stage in ranked battle. Only won once on that stage.

What was your hypest moment in Splatoon?
On a ranked battle in Urchin Underpass, the opposing team was 1 second away from winning by knockout when we took it during the last seconds so we went overtime and we won! :bluejump:

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
How I wish this was true. After all we still don't have a Mario sports game on the Wii U. I find it to be fake, because Dixie is only used as filler in Mario sports games. And E Gadd and Kamek playable, if the main Nintendo staff can't be bothered to make them playable in Mario Kart, what chance do they have with a second party developed game

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well for anyone who are fans of Project M (including me), the PMDT seem to be officially hinting at Knuckles (https://twitter.com/ProjectMGame/status/609453318222405632). Even though Knuckles was already shown in the leak back in 2014, it would still be cool if he was officially confirmed and playable. He really seemed like a unique fighter in the footage. EDIT: Also, the PM Subreddit apparently seems to be on fire right now.(http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/39mk9g/project_m_twitter_what_are_you_doing_to_us_for/)

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Well for anyone who are fans of Project M (including me), the PMDT seem to be officially hinting at Knuckles (https://twitter.com/ProjectMGame/status/609453318222405632). Even though Knuckles was already shown in the leak back in 2014, it would still be cool if he was officially confirmed and playable. He really seemed like a unique fighter in the footage.
Project M 3.6 and Knuckles confirmed at CEO 2015 :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom