• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Feel better soon!
Cheers Pushy :upsidedown:

Both games have highly intrusive hazards in casual play...though I'm willing to argue that things such as GOW Hades/Patapons or Metal Gear RAY are more intrusive(and game-changing) than some of Smash's non-boss hazards, since Ridley/Yellow Devil/Metal Face can end up deciding games.

Then again, some of the PSASBR hazards are intrusive enough to allow others to kill you while suffering their effects(Hades again).
And before I go Lurk mode.
Happy birthday Liquid.
Enjoy your 18th :estatic:
Enjoy you present on Sunday too. (Hopefully Sylux joins the battle) Highly unlikely but I would love it.
PSI Healing α!

****. Looks like I need to learn beta.

Feel better soon.
Cheers my fellow Lucas Bro :drohyou:

I'm excited!
Feel better man.
Cheers man. :ness:
I am "Preparing myself" for Sunday.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And before I go Lurk mode.
Happy birthday Liquid.
Enjoy your 18th :estatic:
Enjoy you present on Sunday too. (Hopefully Sylux joins the battle) Highly unlikely but I would love it.
:cheep:

Eh, the only reason I would remotely expect Sylux is if it were to tease a Metroid reveal in the Digital Event. While I have high hopes for Metroid at E3, I'm still going to be cautious with my wishes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can someone please come over to the countdown thread. I just got infracted for posting the obiligatory "DAWN OF THE SCOND DAY" when no one had posted since yesterday's DotFD one.

I just need one past so I can do the DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY one tomorrow.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm bored so let's play a game.

Choose 3 likely E3 predictions (Doesn't matter the conference or company) and 3 pipedream predictions

Likely:
Metroid 3DS
God of War 4
3 new characters for both Smash and Street Fighter 5

Pipedream:
Battletoads
New F-Zero
Vanquish 2

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm bored so let's play a game.

Choose 3 likely E3 predictions (Doesn't matter the conference or company) and 3 pipedream predictions

Likely:
Metroid 3DS
God of War 4
3 new characters for both Smash and Street Fighter 5

Pipedream:
Battletoads
New F-Zero
Vanquish 2
Likely:
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Metroid
Zelda U info

Pipedream:
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Game that features amiibbo
Delfino Plaza as Splatoon stage DLC

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, I have something a little strange that I found at my local Wal-Mart. Our family usually goes shopping for groceries on Fridays. I usually go to the Video Game isle to check for any Amiibo or new accessories I want. Then I usually take a look at the Video Games they have (even though they barely had anything) and I found something interesting on a Price Tag. The listing said " NINTENDO AR MARIO 10" and was listed for $10. I thought that sounded like the Photos with Mario for 3DS, but it was in the Wii U isle and that's a little bit odd. So I ask the manager who runs the department what it was and he said "I don't know what it is" (he could have scanned it if he had the scanner, if he had it. I even asked another lady I she could scan it, but she told me to ask him again.) Since I didn't have anything which could access the internet at the time, I decided I would memorize the code. So after that long rambling XD, has anyone seens the price listing or at least know what it is?

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Likely:
Animal Crossing U
Something about Zelda U regardless of what they said before
Paper Mario U

Pipe Dream:
F-Zero
Nintendo Mini Kangaroo reboot
Pichu returns to Smash

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Can someone please come over to the countdown thread. I just got infracted for posting the obiligatory "DAWN OF THE SCOND DAY" when no one had posted since yesterday's DotFD one.

I just need one past so I can do the DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY one tomorrow.
Link? And what to say? I have a brainfart now (oh noes), so I'm going to basically be twice as oblivious.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I always find it really neat that most characters in Smash keep animations from their own games, even if they are from sprite only games.

Lucas for example:

Untitled-4.gif

Just a really nice touch that I love.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Please disregard my post above ^o^. I was over analyzing something again. Its most likely photos with Mario (the ID code was NTR which is for 3DS, so it was most likely misplaced), but still weird.
Anyways I guess I'll jump into the party. The games I feel that are most likely are:
Metroid:
With the many teases from Retro Studios, its more likely than ever.
Paper Mario:
A lot of supposed "leaks" with this one, I feel its coming.
Super Mario 3D Land 2:
This one's interesting because I wasn't hinted at all. I feel since we don't have that many 3DS titles announced right now, the Digital Event will be filled with unannounced 3DS titles. I feel they could easily use 3D Land's assets again for Mario's 30th anniversary. It would be very easy to make since its very simplistic in design.

Pipe Dream:
Super Mario Bros. 5
F-Zero Wii U
Crash Bandicoot for Smash 4 DLC

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Kamek and Yoshi are weird because they are recurring characters in the main Mario series but they've stared together in spinoffs.

Let's not forget that the original Yoshi Island was called Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. While Yoshi has his own series, he's definitely much closer to Mario than Wario or event Doctor Mario. I kind of think Yoshi's Story is the only reason Yoshi got a unique Emblem in 64. If Luigis Mansion had been a thing on the 64, then Luigi might have even gotten one.

Edit: And if Wario was introduced in Melee it's possible he would've been given the mushroom kingdom Emblem too.
Oh, I completely agree. Of the three Mario spinoff series represented in Smash, Yoshi is the least separated by far. DKC and Wario Land/Ware have their own unique setting, characters, and enemies. Yoshi uses a setting that's been used in past Mario games (Yoshi's Island), has its own unique enemies but also includes the usual lineup of Mario enemies (Koopas, Shy Guys), and the villains are Bowser and Kamek, who are also Mario characters.

I'd just classify Kamek as a Yoshi character because he's more important in the Yoshi games than the Mario ones. Outside of a few RPGs, Kamek is just a boss mook in Mario.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Likely:
Metroid on either 3DS or WiiU
Paper Mario U
Mario Kart DLC

Pipe Dream:
Metroid on 3DS AND WiiU
FF V, VI, VII, VIII, or IX remake
Xenoblade X to be released after the presentation :D

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just wondering if Paper Mario Wii U gets announced and it returns to a more classic style, what typical Mario enemies would you want to see as partners?

Personally I want to see a Crazee Dayzee as a partner, not sure why....it just appeals to me.

We'd probably get the usual Goomba and Koopa, but the rest is fair game.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if Paper Mario Wii U gets announced and it returns to a more classic style, what typical Mario enemies would want to see as partners?

Personally I want to see a Crazee Dayzee as a partner, not sure why....it just appeals to me.

We'd probably get the usual Goomba and Koopa, but the rest is fair game.
Shy Guy or bust.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Likely:
New Metroid
Paper Mario U
Sequel to something from Platinum Games

Pipe Dream:
F-Zero U
Anything involving Rayman
Punch-Out U

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Just noticed this, and it bothers me (only slightly): Every character that attacks Ness at the beginning of the Lucas trailer is on their home stage, except for Marth (and Bowser, I guess, too, but that's when Lucas appears):

Mario on Mario Galaxy
Little Mac on Boxing Ring
Wario on Gamer
Marth on Palutena's Temple?
Villager on Smashville
Robin on Coliseum
Donkey Kong on Jungle Hijinx
(Bowser on Battlefield)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You guys got a **** ton of confidence in a new Metroid game.

I don't.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect outside of Animal Crossing Wii U.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'd be legit surprised if we get a new Metroid game announced.

Animal Crossing Wii U is probably a safe bet but even then it's a "maybe"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom