• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't like Backstreet Boys though :p ;... but my older sister was a fangirl at the time, lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Imagine if a Zelda game took out the Master Sword.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Squid.
Link's Awakening. Majora's Mask. Link's Crossbow Training(justified, at least, since it has no usable swords), Phantom Hourglass. Spirit Tracks. All Four Swords games as is(including Minish Cap). Wasn't in the first two Zelda games either. Just saying.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Link's Awakening. Majora's Mask. Link's Crossbow Training(justified, at least, since it has no usable swords), Phantom Hourglass. Spirit Tracks. All Four Swords games as is(including Minish Cap). Wasn't in the first two Zelda games either. Just saying.
Thanks Super Bass. I'm on my phone so researching at a fast pace is difficult.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Are we talking about Video game commercials now? Because this is my favourite beside's Mother 1's.

Chrono.

It crashes the most during Arcade Mode. It's a very difficult to finish game. :urg: it's a cool game in theory, but it was awful. No "So bad it's good", either. That's something 06, Wii U Boom, etc. can say. This game? Nah. Was just bad.
At least it's "improved" endings go under that "so bad it's good" spectrum.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
At least it's "improved" endings go under that "so bad it's good" spectrum.

You want to know what's hilarious about these endings (besides the cringeworthy voice acting)? The animations are literally the same as they are in the 64 version. No changes whatsoever besides looking nicer.

AreJay25

I'm actually surprised Sakurai is willing to do balance patches. It's for the best too, I don't even want to know what would happen if characters like Diddy Kong never got changed.

Even though I didn't mind Diddy at all

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jumpman and Mario are two different people. Jumpman the carpenter and Mario the plumber, mind blown.
Please don't treat Game Theory as fact.

For the love of all please don't....

The TF2 fan in me screams for mercy.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I mean... that doesn't really matter in this case unless it already came out. Like good for them that they might localize her games at some point but as of right now it's most likely a very small amount of people in Japan that are aware of her. Until it's 100% that her games are over there AND that they are selling well, she still doesn't have global support. And it's a GLOBAL ballot for Smash. So... yeah.
I respect your opinion, but I'll keep on supporting her in this ballot. I've been looking around the internet and have been seeing Shantae pop-up in a lot of people's Top 10 which shows theirs interest and I've even seen Shantae mentioned in random japanese gaming blogs for smash which I'm actually surprised to see.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
With the announcement of Nintendo doing more third party deals, hopefully it comes with USF4, MGSV, Yazuka 1&2 HD being ported, new game exclusives and a one more crossover

I'm actually surprised Sakurai is willing to do balance patches. It's for the best too, I don't even want to know what would happen if characters like Diddy Kong never got changed.

Even though I didn't mind Diddy at all

I think Nintendo themselves force the patch on Sakurai. Plus with all the DLC characters, might as well balance eith them and fix the crazy stuff.

AreJay25

Game Theory comes up with the most absurd stuff that I just can't take them seriously.

Like, I will never forget Rosalina somehow being Peach's daughter.

@ Champ Gold Champ Gold Yeah, DLC will just create more balance patches. Seems like a lot of work depending on how many characters they end up adding.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You're not supposed to take Game Theory seriously.
Like, it's supposed to make sense to an extent but also be really stupid. That's the fun joke about it.

I can't wait for just about everything about this article to be skipped over and just see it headlined as "Sakurai Thinks Competitive Play is a Waste"

AreJay25

Like, it's supposed to make sense to an extent but also be really stupid. That's the fun joke about it.
Well, if that's the point then they're definitely doing their job. :awesome:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
If people treated them like such, I'd still like the show.
I still enjoy it, it's a thought out and well put together show with actual research of the topic, albeit I understand how some get annoyed at folks that go around saying Luigi is Rosalina's father or that Mario is communist. It doesn't bother me much, I understand some take things more seriously than others. But shutting them down or disliking GT for it shouldn't be our course of action.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't wait for just about everything about this article to be skipped over and just see it headlined as "Sakurai Thinks Competitive Play is a Waste"
Sakurai could have an interview consisting of one question.

The question could be ''What is your favorite lunch meat?"

He could giggle and answer ''Ham."

Somehow the Smash community would turn that into. ''OH MY GOD HE SAID HAM, BECAUSE HE HAMMING AGAINST THE COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY. THIS MAN MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS."

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That's why it took so long for me to translate it/ I brought in three other people to collaborate with! Wanted to avoid that as much as possible.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Game Theory is absolutely clickbait trash and being funny isnt an excuse because it isn't. (Plus MattPat isn't funny at all)

That Wii U/Virtual Boy and the whole Pew Die Pie videos made me realize they guy isnt someone to take seriously

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sakurai could have an interview consisting of one question.

The question could be ''What is your favorite lunch meat?"

He could giggle and answer ''Ham."

Somehow the Smash community would turn that into. ''OH MY GOD HE SAID HAM, BECAUSE HE HAMMING AGAINST THE COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY. THIS MAN MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS."
People would also question the interviewer and Sakurai's relationship.

'What if they're friends? What if the interviewer was in the main dev room? He must be hinting at Super Meat Boy.'

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That's why I will never understand the hate for Game Theory.

I mean, if the show is designed to more or less to get people to think about cool little theories surrounding mysterious of our favorite game worlds and to not take it seriously, I don't understand why people hate or despise the show so much

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh, and don't forget the commercials.
Because obviously the best way to market your console is to belittle your targeted demographic.
That kind of commercial would totally work for me, I thought it was pretty good. I like when companies don't take themselves too seriously

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That's why I will never understand the hate for Game Theory.

I mean, if the show is designed to more or less to get people to think about cool little theories surrounding mysterious of our favorite game worlds and to not take it seriously, I don't understand why people hate or despise the show so much
Because of the people who do take it seriously.
I don't take Game Theory seriously. I laugh at it. That's the point of it.
I think Matt Pat is pretty funny He's so detailed and acts so serious about it that it's funny. That's the point of the show.

Sure, I guess it's "click bait."
But to be fair the titles aren't misleading; that's exactly what the videos are actually about lol
It's "click bait" in a similar way satirical articles are "click bait," I guess, if you want to call it that.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Who placed their bets on a Sonic crossover reveal for today?
...no one?

New Famitsu column to translate?
Whats next? Are Sega and Disney going to team up to make a crossover TV show where Sonic and co are warped to a Disney world because of chaos control, and Eggman unites with a bunch of Disney evil scientists, thus causing Sonic and his friends to unite with the Disney heroes that fight them, while they also search for the Chaos emeralds? If they make gotta go fast the theme song again, I'd wanna actually see that.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Dlc wishlist:

1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Wolf
4. Isaac

Thats it.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I found myself (foolishly) hoping that Nintendo would do something for F-Zero's 25th Anniversary this year. Then I also remembered it's Super Mario Bros' 30th.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
https://archive.moe/v/thread/297703367/#297709010
Not Nintendo, but whatever: https://archive.moe/v/search/image/7L7gbd7MB6d6tkzI_KV3cA/
As a note, I dont mean J-Star Victory VS+ that will be coming here in a few days, but another game entirely that will come out sometime around late next year, and should be announced sometime around feburary next year.

The game will be a PS4 and PSVita exclusive, and will essentially take the new version of the game that was brought here (with its minor game play tweaks and arcade mode) and use use that as a base to add more characters on.

It will have a new set of story modes though.

The title is in flux, but the English translation seems like it'll simply be Ultimate J-Star Victory VS.

There will be 8 new playable characters, and 7 new total supports.

Playable:
1: Deku from Boku No Hero Acadamia, his attacks actually hurt him, but they are very powerful

2: Jotaro Kujo, he uses his stand, Star Platinum along with himself for attacks

3: Hisoka (upgraded from support), uses his Bungee Gum and Texture Surprise to play tricks with the enemy.

4: Yugi Moto, uses his deuling deck to attack by summoning monsters and having them attack.

5: Kagura (upgraded from assist), she uses her parasol and sadaharu for most of her attacks

6: Dark Schneider from *******!! he uses his magic for attacks, as you might imagine.

7: Yuma Kuga from World Trigger, he ofcourse uses his various triggers, once again like you would imagine

8: Suguru Kinniku from Kinnikuman, he uses his Kajiba no Kuso Djikara, Kinniku Buster, Kinniku Driver, etc to attack.

Supports:

1: Kurapika replaces Hisoka as a support from Hunter X Hunter

2: Zoro of One Peice

3: Ashirogi Muto from Bakuman

4: Eve from Black Cat

5: Light Yagami and Ryuk from Death Parade

6: Krillin from Dragon Ball

7: Soma from shokugeki no Soma
also, not nintendo, but there arent eough leaks to just do nintendo:
https://archive.moe/v/search/image/IxZEr8jjPUxHxjj4TUUBIg/
Hi /v/ I work for Bethesda and I've come here to leak a few things for fun.

You're not only expected but encouraged to not believe me.

Fallout 4 begins with you in a cryogenic sleep chamber, as either the mother or the father of the baby seen in the trailer. You live in the vault for some years before being put in cryogenic chambers along with the other residents of the vault due to a vault-tec experiment. By the time you are put into these the baby seen in the video is around 15. The Vault tells the dwellers that they are all being put to sleep because they will die before the world is safe again if they are not so they will comply with the experiment. The children are in reality unfrozen minutes later, with the parents staying frozen. They are told they have been asleep for years, and that the adults did not make it through the cryogenic sleep due to some unforeseen complication, and are told to leave the vault to repopulate the world. They reluctantly leave, believing the world has had enough time to recover. By the time they notice this is not the case, the vault has locked them out. Still believing their parents are dead, your child included they set off for the wastes of Boston. 15 years later, after all the children who have survived the harsh post-apocalyptic world have aged, you and the other adults are awoken and told that your children have left years earlier. The Vault does not trick or force the dwellers into leaving this time however, it just gives them the option. You will be given a dialogue choice on whether you'd like to leave or not, and if you pick no you will be given a quick projector montage of the rest of your boring life in the vault, with yes setting you off to find your son. You set off to find your child, as some others in the vault do, and meet dogmeat very soon after leaving the vault. Eventually as you'd imagine you meet up with your son, along with other former vault dwellers, both dead and alive along the way.
Its an adition to another leak, but whatever: https://archive.moe/v/thread/297525096/#297539213
The leak is legit on the Sony side of things, at least. Its missing some stuff though that I've seen, but that's probably due to its age meaning a lot of this wasn't decided for the show.

>Gravity Rush 2 is PS4/Vita and not cross buy, coming early 2016
>Several psx games are getting added to psn, most are niche but Crosc1&2 are included
>God Eater 2 Rage Burt is coming to the West this Winter, Vita version will be digital only
>Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is getting localised and is being released digital only
>No Man's Sky is getting a release date on PS4, no word on PC version
>P4 Dancing All Night is being shown off super briefly
>Persona 5 NA release date and Western-oriented trailer are being revealed

There's probably more stuff I haven't been made aware of but I'd be shocked if its anything besides media/psnow news.
pastebin leak i found looking for the one the last leak was referencing: http://pastebin.com/Nfc2WXBc
Nintendo Digital Event @E3 2015: Content leaked!

A few days ago Nintendo recorded the Digital Event that will be shown on Tuesday, June 16th 9am PT. Thanks to a friend who works at NoA and who had access to the video, I can give you a full list of what will be shown at E3, since he sent me the following text via email yesterday. Please note that this list only contains what will be shown in the Digital Event itself. It will not include Twitter announcements (like Mario Party 10 last year), Treehouse announcements (Project Giant Robot/Guard last year) and other types of announcements (Devil's Third via IGN last year).

Here's what will happen:

Presentation opens with Mr. Iwata and Reggie playing together Star Fox on Wii U. Although Mr. Iwata is at the Nintendo headquarters in Kyoto and Reggie at the NoA headquarters here in Redmond, they can play together thanks to the new Online-Multiplayer mode.
Mr. Miyamoto shows up to detail out his newest creation, which will be called StarFox: Supercharged. It's like traditional StarFox games with a new Online-Multiplayer mode and a local Vs. mode. The game will feature special gamepad integration and will make some sort of use of amiibo. More details on how amiibo works with the game will be given when its release is getting closer. Game will be released this winter.

Reggie welcomes all the fans to Nintendo's Digital Event.
He all also introduces players to a new dimension of gaming: Dual Gamepad Gaming.
Starting September 4th Wii U owners will be able to purchase a second Wii U Gamepad in stores. But this wont be only a Gamepad like you already have. It will be expanded with analog ZL/ZR triggers, a Nintendo DS/3DS Card Slot for playing NDS/3DS Games on Wii U, a high capacity battery and some additional power that will allow game devs to use the entire Wii U power for their games while using the Gamepad power for the second screen. This will also allow users to use the gamepad without having the console next to them for things like accessing the eshop or Miiverse and playing Virtual Console and some other smaller games. This new controller will be called Wii U Gamepad +. At the same time a new Wii U Pro Controller will also be released. It will feature analog ZL/ZR Buttons and a headphone slot.
The first game that will use two Wii U Gamepads at the same time will be that that was announced back at E3 2014 as Project Giant Robot and that will now be called Robot Wars. In its Multiplayer mode two players can fight against each other using two gamepads. The game now also features a singleplayer campaign, upgradeable robots as well as a huge amount of different multiplayer arenas. The Wii U Gamepad +, Robot Wars, a bundle including both, the Wii U Pro Controller + as well as new Wii U Bundles including a console and a Wii U Gamepad + will all launch September 4th.

Also at this day a software update for Splatoon will become available that will allow two players to play together in the Online-Multiplayer mode by using two Wii U gamepads. StarFox: Supercharged will also make usage of the two Wii U Gamepads functionality. Nintendo will release more games using this feature in the future.

Golden Sun: Secrets of the Ancient Temple gets announced for Nintendo 3DS with a first trailer and will launch in 2016. More details will come in the future.

Developer Showcase: Animal Crossing: World Explorer for Wii U:
The development team shows off their new game and explains the change they made to the Animal Crossing franchise. This time the player can travel all around the world and discover new landscapes like the Artic, deserts, jungles and more with new characters and gameplay elements. He can get some typical clothes and furniture from there and he can even build his house and live there. This game will also support the amiibo cards introduced alongside Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. It's still a secret what they will do. Animal Crossing: World Explorer releases in early 2016.

Pokken Tournament gets a new trailer that shows off new Pokemon like Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja and some new stages. The game will also come to Wii U under the name Pokken Fighters in early 2016.

Developer Showcase: Paper Mario (Working title) for Wii U:
The development team plans to build the game on the classic Paper Mario RPG style with some influences from Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It will offer a great story, a huge world to explore and "super exciting" feature that will use the Gamepad controller in some unique ways that will "totally" change how you play the game. Since this game is still in early development the developers can't go into more detail. It's sceduled for release in 2016.

Bayonetta 2: Jeanne's Hell Trip gets announced as a story DLC for Bayonetta 2. In this DLC you play as Jeanne and slash your body through Inferno. It will also offer new enemies, weapons and costumes for Jeanne. Bayonetta 2: Jeanne's Hell Trip will be available as DLC for Bayonetta 2 July 9th. A standalone version will come July 31st in a "blood-red" case.

New trailer for Devil's Third will be shown. The game will also offer a local coop multiplayer mode with one playing on the gamepad and the other one on the TV screen. The online mode will offer a wide variety of modes with regulary updates including new weapons, gear, battle fields and modes. Devil's Third launches on August 21st.

Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary Announcements:

1. Mario Maker gets a new trailer that shows of lots of new features like Yoshi, new items like the Boomerang flower or the Ice flower, red coins, Star coins and more. The game will also have a local Multiplayer mode where you can play either self-created or downloaded levels with up to 3 friends. These can play as Luigi, Toad, Peach or even Rosalina. A fifth player can change a level using the gamepad while the others play the level either to help them or to challenge them even more. Mario Maker will launch September 11th and will also get a Special Edition including a copy of the game, a Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary coin and a Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary poster.

2. Super Mario 3D Land 2 gets announced for Nintendo 3DS. In this game you play through levels in the style of Super Mario 3D Land but with new gameplay elements, items and enemies. They player can expect a complete new adventure. It will be available in October.

3. Super Mario Sunshine HD gets announced for Wii U. This remake will offer new HD visuals, Gamepad and Miiverse integration, some new shine sprites and some more tweaks.
This Remake splashes onto Wii U this Winter.

DK: Curse of the Jungle gets announced for Nintendo 3DS with a first trailer. It's a sequel to DK: King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber. The player hunts King K. Rool who has stolen the DK coins through different worlds with challenging levels when the game launches in November.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 3 and 4 get announced. Each will include 3 new drivers as well as 4 new karts, however this time instead of 8 new courses the DLC packs come with 8 Battle arenas!
The third pack will have Diddy Kong, Mopsie and an Inkling in male and female form with some Splatoon based battle arenas and will launch in August, while the fourth pack will include Birdo, Palma and Pikachu with some arenas based on Pokemon games and will launch in February 2016.

Lucas DLC for Super Smash Bros. is coming out right after the presentation. It will come alongside other new DLC namely the following Mii costumes: K.K. Slider (gunner), Inkling (gunner), Squid hat and costumes based on The Wonderful 101. These are: Wonder Red (boxer), Wonder Blue (swordfighter) and Wonder Green (gunner). There will also be theme packs including a new stage, new music tracks and new trophies based on the game the pack is named with.
The following packs will be available June 16th:
Wii U:
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Bayonetta 2
Nintendo 3DS:
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
- Stretchmo
- Fossil Fighters Frontier

A new update that also comes June 16th brings the Miiverse stage and Miiverse stamps for your Miiverse posts that will then be shown on the Miiverse stage.

To celebrate the release of Lucas a localized version of Mother 3 comes to the Wii U Virtual Console also June 16th! It will be fully translated into English.

Developer Showcase: Wii Sports: Holiday Island for Wii U:
The player can access over 20 sports including some sports from Wii Sports Resort by walking to the attraction where the sport begins on the huge open Wuhu Island. On the way he can find other Mii characters sent via Miiverse. The game will feature both local and online multiplayer for all sports. On the island itself the player can use a bike in order to get faster to the next sport. He can also do a variety of side quests which will be detailed out at a later point. The Wii U gamepad will function as a camera with which you can take photos and post them in Miiverse. Wii Sports: Holiday Island launches in 2016.

Excite Truck (Working title) gets announced for Wii U with a first trailer. This time you can fully customize your truck and compete in an online multiplayer mode. You can also expect new locations like Brasil, Egypt and Japan when the game launches in 2016.

Reggie pops up once again, says thanks for watching and explains all the things happening afterwards. But he can't leave the fans without one more thing:

Metroid Prime 4 gets announced for Wii U with a first 30 second trailer. It's developed by Retro Studios and will launch in 2016.

End of presentation.
totally legit leak http://pastebin.com/igxbWjQB
  1. E3 2015 Leak (TOP SECRET DO NOT SHARE WITH ANYONE):

2. Nintendo opts to reveal Star Fox as a episodic F2P on foot shooter with microtransactions. Now on 3DS
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles X for America will not be localized, JP exclusive
  4. Legend of Zelda series ultimately canceled forever. Spiritual successor in development called Legend of Mario
  5. Nintendo has gone 3rd party, partnering up with Sony to make their games exclusive to PS4
also totally legit: https://archive.moe/v/search/image/7rDoJQlTrL5yQq7IgNYPWA/
I'll comment on all of these myself once someone else has so i wont be double posting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom