• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

>Sakurai confirming all veterans will be coming back (25 seconds)
>a hint of Ryu and Wolf (5 seconds)
This is funny because if he really did confirm every veteran returning then he wouldn't need to hint Wolf at all lol

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
DLC Wishlist:
Hmm. I'll do my top 5, and why.

1. King K Rool
While I understand that people want Dixie, and I can see why, King K Rool is more memorable for me personally. I think he'd be an excellent Smash Bros character, and I can see many different moveset potentials. I don't give a crap about sales or relavance, this is just my personal list.
2. Ryu
I never even thought about Ryu before the Roy/Ryu thing, and at first I didn't like it. But the more I think about it, the more I come to realize how awesome he could be if done right. I imagine he'd be like a mix of Little Mac and Samus, with great close range combat, mostly ground based, but with a decent ranged Special move.
3. Kamek (Not going to happen)
Kamek has SO much potential, because I don't think his powers have been that defined. So he could do a lot of very interesting attacks. I could see him being a great "mid range" character.
4. Black Bull
I just think he's a badass looking character. I could picture a very melee oriented playstyle, as I don't think he has any projectile magic or anything. But I suppose he could use a gun and have a Fox style special. But mostly he'd just stand there and look awesome ;)
5. Rayman (No I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I've wanted him for a long time, way before the fake leak)
Rayman is a fun, fast character who's personality would fit into Smash Bros so easily! My only issue would be coming up with a good moveset, but you can do a lot of interesting things if you just take elements from his world.

Wow the playsation was released exactly 1 year before I was born and crash Bandicoot was released the same day I was born in NA.

no wonder I was a sony fanboy for most of my life.

Last edited:
You know what, I would enjoy that Pyrosphere mechanic.

Although it seems odd he would apologize to Metroid fans like that...unless the series were getting a new character in Smash.
I stopped reading at the "all veterans" part and had to go back.

haha no. that may be the absolute worst part of the leak.

Why do delta and alpha stages have to be pipe dreams?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So people made a huge deal about Nintendo losing stock and that stock equivalent was about one dollar?

What?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oh my goddddddddd

Why would you leak something and then give away your position? They would straight up find out who you were and fire your ass.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I stopped reading at the "all veterans" part and had to go back.

haha no. that may be the absolute worst part of the leak.

Why do delta and alpha stages have to be pipe dreams?
Every veteran returning is sort of a silly thing to propose, but apart from that, I'm going to play the indifferent card here and say I would really love the Pyrosphere boss mechanic.

And Smash Run, that seriously needs to be on the Wii U.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So people made a huge deal about Nintendo losing stock and that stock equivalent was about one dollar?

What?
Nintendoom. Say goodbye to your Smash DLC, they don't have the $$$$ to do it. Oh, cya Hyrule Warriors 3DS, the game they'll have to cancel. Hope you have a swell time, Zelda U! Time to cancel them, and the others.

Have fun, Nintendo, with your one dollar lost that you'll NEVER be able to get back. Broke as HECK company never was good in the first place.

always spoutin' weeabo and hentai nonsense :mad:

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I love how the leaker says Sakurai is going to list the top 25 voted characters. In 3 minutes. Because that'll totally happen.

Naoshi

>Delta Stages (No Stage Bosses) (30 seconds) :facepalm:

Why would they go out of their way to make "Delta Stages" for literally only 3 stages? It would make far more sense to have a boss toggle option in the Options or something. No need to pointlessly complicate the stage select screen.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think the thing that really drives it home is the image he posted with the leak.

It's not the Nintendo logo. It's not the Smash logo. It's not even just Sakurai.

It's some picture of a crowd with a sign that says "No Girls Allowed."

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I have no idea why people want Banjo and Roy when we can have Disco Kid instead! :awesome:Especially with his theme!

Naoshi

I think the thing that really drives it home is the image he posted with the leak.

It's not the Nintendo logo. It's not the Smash logo. It's not even just Sakurai.

It's some picture of a crowd with a sign that says "No Girls Allowed."
Not too strange actually. People in these imageboards tends to just post pics as filler or unrelated stuff.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
https://archive.moe/v/thread/297821827/#297822872

Every leak with every veteran returning. Why. ;-;
Because they all love me.
All veterans for life.
Except Snake.
I'm lost with Snake.
EDIT:
Wait a god damn minute here.
All veterans even with Konami's state.
Not to mention the fact this would mean Ice CLimber can work on the 3ds
If Ice Climbers were in this scenario I expect him to show them specifically there and then

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

What?

This about sums it up.

Anyways, that leak is the fakest thing since ever. I don't even think I need to say why.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

This about sums it up.

Anyways, that leak is the fakest thing since ever. I don't even think I need to say why.
Hey, I finally lose some weight in 3284

Did my own generated Nintendo E3 list just now, got Kirby: Missing Porch and Wii Trip U.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The last time I did that generated E3 list for Nintendo it alarmed me because one of the titles was ''Wii Saw U."

I've seen enough horror movies to know to back away once something threatens you.

Screw you Nintendo I ain't falling for that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well I'm pretty late with the e3 leak generator so here's one.

I'd love to have a game where I do nothing but drink. Star Fox with underwater cows! And an optimistic holiday.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey, I finally lose some weight in 3284

Did my own generated Nintendo E3 list just now, got Kirby: Missing Porch and Wii Trip U.
The last time I did that generated E3 list for Nintendo it alarmed me because one of the titles was ''Wii Saw U."

I've seen enough horror movies to know to back away once something threatens you.

Screw you Nintendo I ain't falling for that.
These sound like great games, 10/10 IGN!
Well I'm pretty late with the e3 leak generator so here's one.

I'd love to have a game where I do nothing but drink. Star Fox with underwater cows! And an optimistic holiday.
Legend of Zelda Optomistic holiday sounds amazing! It could be a new cdi game!
:troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
if were still doing top 5 DLC choices
Bandanna dee-I believe that kirby needs a 4th rep and of all the possible choices Bandanna dee makes the most since.He a recurring character,he's popular and god darn it he's so cute.Plus we dont have a spear user yet.

Shantae-If any indie deserves to be in smash it's shantae.She as the look,the moveset,and the fan support(even if people dont believe so).She's the queen of the indies for a reason

DK rep-At this point you could add tiny kong and i would be ok just give me my new dk rep.The series has earned it in my mind.

Tetra-I have said once and i'll say it again tetra should be the person to rep the toon series of zelda not toon link.I feel being a pirate can lead to a very interesting moveset and she's so popular in the zelda community

Pichu-My most wanted vet besides lucas and my main in melee.I miss the little guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I still really want stage DLC other than the Miiverse stage.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
if were still doing top 5 DLC choices
Bandanna dee-I believe that kirby needs a 4th rep and of all the possible choices Bandanna dee makes the most since.He a recurring character,he's popular and god darn it he's so cute.Plus we dont have a spear user yet.

Shantae-If any indie deserves to be in smash it's shantae.She as the look,the moveset,and the fan support(even if people dont believe so).She's the queen of the indies for a reason

DK rep-At this point you could add tiny kong and i would be ok just give me my new dk rep.The series has earned it in my mind.

Tetra-I have said once and i'll say it again tetra should be the person to rep the toon series of zelda not toon link.I feel being a pirate can lead to a very interesting moveset and she's so popular in the zelda community

Pichu-My most wanted vet besides lucas and my main in melee.I miss the little guy
Shantae may have the fan support in the US and UK but nobody else knows who she is. I think the only way an indie character will come out is if it's a game that has released worldwide, and none of the Shantae games have.
Although I don't see Shovel Knight making it into Smash, they do have worldwide release for Shovel Knight at least.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
>Delta Stages (No Stage Bosses) (30 seconds) :facepalm:

Why would they go out of their way to make "Delta Stages" for literally only 3 stages? It would make far more sense to have a boss toggle option in the Options or something. No need to pointlessly complicate the stage select screen.
It would be three stages each game, at least.

Not gonna lie, I would love having Magicant be legal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I honestly can't think of a DLC choice besides Dixie, K. Rool, Wolf and maybe other veterans.

Maybe my brain is shutting down to keep surprise at max.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Top 5 DLC Choices for me:

1) Captain Toad
2) Dixie Kong
3) Tails
4) Banjo-Kazooie
5) Inkling

I expect none of them. :'(

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The newcomer DLC I want the most is Isaac, but not getting my hopes up because I know how that usually ends.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Shantae may have the fan support in the US and UK but nobody else knows who she is. I think the only way an indie character will come out is if it's a game that has released worldwide, and none of the Shantae games have.
Although I don't see Shovel Knight making it into Smash, they do have worldwide release for Shovel Knight at least.
Actually she does have fans in Japan that want her games to be localized and a company called intergrow is gonna localize her games in japan. https://twitter.com/intergrow/status/531718513992286210

Here's PushDustin's translation of the twitter message:

"intergrow: October 16th, 2013: Good morning everyone. We are the team at Intergrow games. It's on the top page but, we will handle the release of the localization behind Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Mighty Switch Force!

Ketnolimit: November 7th: Mighty Switch Force has been distributed, but what happened with Shantae? Did the plan fall through?

intergrow: November 10th, 2014: Sorry to keep you waiting. The Japanese localization of Shantae will not be distributed via DSI Ware, but instead has been moved to the 3DS e-Shop. I think we will release more information about it next year, so please wait a little long!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom