• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
My Username?
I like to Doodle and I grew up with DuckTales. I guess that's the reason :p
It's a play on my real name. I thought it was cool when I was 13, 14 but now I don't anymore. It's just that I'm terrible with thinking of new usernames. :p

And screamers? The only one I have seen is that K Fee commercial with the car driving. Never again.
That. I hated that. Stupid Car.

Guis. I'm not really an Anvil.
But your THE Anvil. The one and only Anvil :p
Huh missed out on a long argument. Oh well.

Arguments are lots of fun but it seemed like this one got unnecessarily dragged out.

My username comes from a garbage can in Osaka. Push Dust In. If you call my Dustin you are technically wrong. :3
Twas my First Mistake. Whoops :4pacman:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Indifferent to Ray. Seems cool though.
No to Starfy and Grass-type Bandwagon AKA Sceptile (if we had to have a Pokemon from that line Grovyle is my choice by far)
Yes to Spyro. Love Spyro.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
I'd only vote for Spyro if it's the classic one, those games were great. I just don't want the Legends or Skylanders one.

D

Deleted member

Ray - Indifferent
Sceptile - Indifferent
Starfy - Indifferent.
Spyro - Yes. While it would most likely be the Skylanders incarnation for promotional purposes, I won't deny that Spyro has great moveset potential.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
On a different note, do we know when the Super Mario Maker bundle is going up for preorder?

That's something I'd really go through the trouble of getting.

I find it weird to know people mentioned the new design, it's why people hated Pac-Man.
The thing is, the original design isnt as big. Skylanders is freaking huge and actually has a reason to be in smash compared to the good pac man. As much as i hate to admit this abomination has a reason to exist. . .

Why did my first game series have to be turned into a mutant:sadeyes:

My 2nd series, crash became a mutant about mutants. . .

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I find it weird to know people mentioned the new design, it's why people hated Pac-Man.
It's Nostalgia. I grew up on Spyro, Pac-Man and Nintendo.
I absolutely hate the new designs for the former 2.
Spyro just looks like a derp in Skylanders and Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man just comes off as wrong to me.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I would probably say yes to all tbh. I've always have a man crush on Sceptile.
As a kid I used to pretend I had a Treecko, it's my equal fave starter alongside Cyndaquil.

Ray MK would be awesone, can never have too many super fighting robots.

Starfy is a bit meh to me, but if he wore his seal or dragon outfits in his moveset it'd be worth it for the lols.

I always liked Spyro, but I'd much prefer Crash. I'd take either.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love the Spyro franchise since the second game and the 3rd is my favorite (also played the GBA games like Season of Flame, Season of Ice and Orange, which is a hot mess) and want him to get a big te resurgence but I feel like he really shouldn't be in Smash and never behind that idea. It's the same thing with Crash Bandicoot.

They are both my favorite franchises and would fit well with Smash but damn man, they belong to their true home back where they first started. Their history with Nintendo is lackluster compared to that of :4sonic: to where his games get major sales on Nintendo consoles and handhelds while, guess what those two's biggest sales come from who else? Yep, Playstation.

You and I know damn well they might try again with PSASBR and I'll rather vote to have them in THERE than have Nintendo just become "A Home for Wayward Platformers". Maybe it's stupid or just plain fanboyish but damn I remember Spyro as a Playstation franchise will forever remember him as that and difference between him and Sonic is that Sony is still making consoles, Sega isn't

Khoru

Smash Champion
Starfy is a bit meh to me, but if he wore his seal or dragon outfits in his moveset it'd be worth it for the lols.
wait... that's a thing?!
what the hell
what happened to starfy anyway. it got like five games and then just died

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
wait... that's a thing?!
what the hell
what happened to starfy anyway. it got like five games and then just died
And a chickrn and ghost. I think there's a pig that throws pork cutlets at you too. It's so Japanese.
unnamed (1).jpg

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I dont feel Spyro is as iconic as the other 3rd partiesi really like crash bandicoot would be a much better fit thann him

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, let's say Smash NX becomes a thing, and that as a bonus we get a bunch of vets back.

How would you handle Pokemon Trainer? Give him a new third Pokemon to replace Charizard? Have him as a stand alone summon character? Bring back Squirtle and Ivysaur as stand alone characters and simply have him in the background when any of his three Pokemon are used? Maybe even have him keep his Brawl gimmick, but allow him to chose from ANY three Pokemon in the game, although the Pokemon would obviously lose their down b and be subject to the stamina gimmick. Maybe something I haven't thought of?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
As of late, I've been conducting some Gfaqs polls to gauge what people are most interested in. I do it yearly, and this is the third round: (The first one never went very far, though...)

Mario: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72215456 (This one was rigged by alt accounts. Ignore most of the Daisy votes -_-)
Donkey Kong: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72227776
Yoshi: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72238321

Some of these will be expected, but it's interesting to see more controversial ones. Ex: Waluigi seems to have Paper Mario beaten, which is unusual.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Spyro's unpopular in Japan and the IP was pretty much sacrificed to get the Skylanders series started. It would be awfully neat to see him, though, even if it is the rather ugly Skylanders version.

Sceptile is the poster child for fad characters (I think @TheAnvil would agree with me on that). I adore Sceptile and the Pokemon it evolves from, but the campaign to get it in Smash was based entirely on the Hoenn remakes and the made up "starter trio" rule (that the presence of Greninja and Charizard meant a final form Grass Starter was guaranteed). Regardless of the silly reasoning behind it all, I would be pleased to see Sceptile. It's rather hard to justify putting it in, though, over the billion other possible Pokemon (including the absent Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Pichu).

Ray doesn't interest me at all, and he doesn't have much going for him outside of his removal as an Assist Trophy (which isn't saying much. A lot of people treat cut Assist Trophies as a big deal, but it's more akin to items and Pokeball Pokemon getting cut, in my opinion).

Starfy is an Assist Trophy, and I'm just gonna leave it at that before I have everyone at my throat again.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
GENO CONFIRMED!!!

As of late, I've been conducting some Gfaqs polls to gauge what people are most interested in. I do it yearly, and this is the third round: (The first one never went very far, though...)

Mario: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72215456 (This one was rigged by alt accounts. Ignore most of the Daisy votes -_-)
Donkey Kong: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72227776
Yoshi: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72238321

Some of these will be expected, but it's interesting to see more controversial ones. Ex: Waluigi seems to have Paper Mario beaten, which is unusual.
I wouldn't trust Gamefaqs for accurate votes.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Errr....why not, exactly? There's more trolls there than most other Smash communities, but that doesn't invalidate it as a source.

Some of us migrated here from over there.
Yeah I dunno why I didn't just say "I don't think I'd trust Gamefaqs for entirely accurate votes*. Pretend I said that.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, let's say Smash NX becomes a thing, and that as a bonus we get a bunch of vets back.

How would you handle Pokemon Trainer? Give him a new third Pokemon to replace Charizard? Have him as a stand alone summon character? Bring back Squirtle and Ivysaur as stand alone characters and simply have him in the background when any of his three Pokemon are used? Maybe even have him keep his Brawl gimmick, but allow him to chose from ANY three Pokemon in the game, although the Pokemon would obviously lose their down b and be subject to the stamina gimmick. Maybe something I haven't thought of?
I'd love a solo fighter that attacked with Pokemon as Smash attacks, specials, etc. Like, for Down B, Trainer would summon Tentacool and the Tentacool would constrict an oppoonent. The animations/distance between PT and the Pokemon would be like Olimar, but the Pokemon are only active during the attacks. You could use a dozen or more pokemon.

Add a Pokedex taunt similar to Codecs, Wisdoms, etc for each of the fighters.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah I dunno why I didn't just say "I don't think I'd trust Gamefaqs for entirely accurate votes*. Pretend I said that.
Yeah, the only parts of GameFAQs polls that are truly questionable are the ones involving meme characters. Like Daisy, as @ Das Koopa Das Koopa mentioned, because she's on Goku/Shrek tier over there.

Here comes Burb.

:crazy:
A bit late on the joke there. Already replied to that post and said nothing about Geno.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Yeah, the only parts of GameFAQs polls that are truly questionable are the ones involving meme characters. Like Daisy, as @ Das Koopa Das Koopa mentioned, because she's on Goku/Shrek tier over there.

A bit late on the joke there. Already replied to that post and said nothing about Geno.
Basically, there's one or two users who has maybe 20-30 alternate accounts and often spam the forum with how "great" Daisy is. She was trailing the poll the entire time, but as soon as the DK topic came up, her votes "Mysteriously" shot up. The obvious solution is a revote with Daisy absent or a more restrictive pollset that only allows one vote her IP.

Waluigi doesn't have a trollbase, so him beating Paper Mario might be something of a big deal if it continues to occur in community polls.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ladies and Gentlemen, I like to present to you

Digimon+Kamen Rider+Marvel Comcs=Marvel Disk Wars AKA the best thing to happen to Marvel Animation since Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Basically, there's one or two users who has maybe 20-30 alternate accounts and often spam the forum with how "great" Daisy is. She was trailing the poll the entire time, but as soon as the DK topic came up, her votes "Mysteriously" shot up. The obvious solution is a revote with Daisy absent or a more restrictive pollset that only allows one vote her IP.

Waluigi doesn't have a trollbase, so him beating Paper Mario might be something of a big deal if it continues to occur in community polls.
The poll has 60 votes. Not a very big deal.
Waluigi will be in Smash 5 I'm sure, but he can't be DLC.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'm not surprised Waluigi's on par with Paper Mario in those polls tbh, I imagine he'd probably be doing far better were he not already an Assist Trophy. I can say I believe he's got unrealized potential as a character (and relegated to spinoffs or not, he's certainly got some personality), as much as I enjoy Paper Mario and would rather see him in Smash. But the Assist Trophy status does make his situation pretty grim, in all likelihood.

For the record, I don't see any of the Mario characters as a shoo-in for SSB4 DLC or SSB5 at the moment; the star power does drop considerably after SSB4's inclusions. I could be convinced otherwise closer to SSB5, though, particularly if Captain Toad maintains a prominent role in the series.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I disagree with both of these things.
There's no guarantee of Waluigi being in Smash 5. If there is one in the traditional sense.
Idk why you don't expect Smash 5 lol. It makes SERIOUS amounts of big money.
There is no gurantee, but I'm assuming that, after 2 games of being teased, Sakurai will give him a break. Maybe he won't be.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
It's 140+ votes, and he's done well in all three polls. It's very clear he's a top contender; The question is if he's a top DLC contender, which I'm not sure of. We don't really know how much the ballot can make devs reconsider. There's been no statements explicitly explaining why Waluigi isn't viable like there are for Ridley, and being an AT is imo less of an issue than being a boss.

It's one of those things that could be an outlier even.t I'm still wagering Paper Mario is the most likely DLC candidate right now for the Mario series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom