• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Everyone also has the right to voice their opinion againist his opinion
Absolutely. Just keep it respectful. A lot of these posts are trying to dig at him personally which isn't fair. I don't think he's ever done the same for anyone else.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
.....guys, please tell me what is goign on because this is EXTREMELY awkward now.

I know luigi the pres does support paper mario, you don;t need to tag me for that.

And why the heck starts an argument on that anyway?

I could tell my opinion if you want, but what the heck is going on with this all of a sudden?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think I've ever seen him get personal or vindictive over anything. He's pretty respectful and bases his opinions on what is at most times pretty sound logic.

He's not really hurting anyone. It's made 1000 times worse by everyone else interjecting and TURNING it personal by attacking @ Burb Burb for his opinion. It's completely hypocritical.
Worse yet, all it would take is reading just a page or two back to know that I didn't antagonize Geno Boost at all here.

I know I can be quite the jerk, but nothing I do is ever personal. I'd have responded the same way if anyone else used DeviantArt search results as proof of any other character's popularity, too.

I wasn't even a jerk in that post. The only thing I said that could be interpreted as mean was accusing him of being the only person who thinks Geno is still at the same level of demand he was pre-Brawl, and even that's a stretch since it's actually true for me.

1. Opinion
2. and 3. no proofs from the official ballout, and fanmade polls doesn't count
Err.....buddy?

While people are defending you because your character choice is being "attacked" by people telling you they have no chance, you probably shouldn't be going and crapping on someone else's most wanted character.

It's completely hypocritical. Luigi wasn't even talking to you.

Last edited:
Ignoring all of the silly things that shouldn't have happened this thread had gravity Falls and Steven Universe so naturally i'm happy

(I prefer Steven Universe TBH)

I know people like Metroid so ill just tell you the charity stream is doing Metroid Prime 2 100%
why they would ever do that IDK.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...What is this supposed to mean? I'm not being rude?
You said crime. T'was a joke

Start talking Xenomorph.

This is what happens when we're dry of news, people start trying to kill each other. Then next week, wanna star rubbing each other's chest and snuggle with them
The answer is: **** if I know

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Late to the discussion.

If you just search "Rool Smash" on deviantArt you actually get 723 results. Sometimes the filter will not bring up every image for king k rool, because not everybody might tag their art with his full name. Art from him might be even harder to find because there are so many variations to tag it.

Either way, basing popularity of deviantart results is probably not the best idea.
Or else our next playable character will be "generic wolf character 27".

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
feelings shattered
brb cri

Yeah I mean, like, is every leak, character support and speculation thread like this? Arguments? Drama? I understand the fact that people... well, do whatever it takes to support their character but why bother doing **** like this? It's not going to get people anywhere lol.
Well not every thread. But in some bigger threads that have more discussion going. Yeah you occasionally get this kind of stuff.....

But yeah, it's things like this why I kinda laid down with the support and just have a more "whatever happens, happens" kind of approach nowadays as I know most of the characters I support are very unlikely for DLC. So long as Toon Link, Ness and Villager are in the game. Everything else is icing on the already very big cake for me at this point I guess.....

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I swear for a moment I thought this was a competitive tier list and I just thought, "Whoah, when did Mario get so high?"

The funny / sad thing is I could see half of this being a realistic tier list.
Not that I don't have my own opinions, I find that stuff to be better suited to the nerds in the Competitive Impressions thread.

One of the few threads where I think it's more fun to lurk than post.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
1. Opinion
2. and 3. no proofs from the official ballout, and fanmade polls doesn't count
The first one wasn't an opinion, the games are critically acclaimed
*Ballot. Why do fan polls mean nothing to you?
Everyone just needs to eat a snickers right now.

Some of us might need to eat two.

But...Me no likey nuts Q.Q
Well, I've got a boyfriend so...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But yeah, basically for amiibos, I plan to buy:

Common/Findable : :4luigi::4peach::4megaman:
Rare/Unfindable: :4samus::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4villager:
Unreleased in USA: :4ganondorf::4olimar::4mewtwo: :4duckhunt::4ryu::4rob:(if I can find him on release day...so many are buying both versions, so I think he'll be extremely hard to find)

And then Inkling Girl once I get Splatoon.

Current Collection: :4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4littlemac::4sonic::4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a good question.

If you had to add three series that debuted in each decade that Nintendo has been a thing, what would you add?

So....

1980s: Advance Wars, Mysterious Muramase Castle, Excite Bike
1990s: Mole Mania, Custom Robo, Panel de Pon
2000s: Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven
2010s: Splatoon, Wonderful 101, Dillon's Rolling Western

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
As far as US released Amiibo goes. I'm only missing Kirby, DK and Luigi

As far as EU/JP released Amiibos. I'm only missing ZSS, Dr. Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Worse yet, all it would take is reading just a page or two back to know that I didn't antagonize Geno Boost at all here.

I know I can be quite the jerk, but nothing I do is ever personal. I'd have responded the same way if anyone else used DeviantArt search results as proof of any other character's popularity, too.

I wasn't even a jerk in that post. The only thing I said that could be interpreted as mean was accusing him of being the only person who thinks Geno is still at the same level of demand he was pre-Brawl, and even that's a stretch since it's actually true for me.
This thread be like:

"WE DON'T STAND FOR PEOPLE ATTACKING OTHER PEOPLE, YOU ASSHOLE".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
MAKE BELIEVES REBORN
GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD D.D
Here's a good question.

If you had to add three series that debuted in each decade that Nintendo has been a thing, what would you add?

So....

Takamaru, Ray MKIII, Isaac, Wonder Red. I didn't even have to look far from your suggestions, neat!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's a good question.

So....

Paper Mario is a series, too.

But if I had to..Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Splatoon.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
When am I patronizing people though? Why are you deflecting on me right now?
"YOU SHOULDN'T SAY CHARACTERS HAVE NO CHANCE! YOU'LL HURT PEOPLE'S FEELINGS AND ITS WRONG!".

And Kenith and I have argued about RE in the past, sure, but I think we both understand there's a respect between the two of us and that I don't mind if he supports Leon, Jill, Nemeis, or whatever. (I also still happen to love that series and he knows that.)
It doesn't matter. You still argued with people a while back about how RE has no chance of being represented in Smash. I recall you saying Snake is too unfitting for Smash, too, during that same discussion.

I'm not sure what Kenith has to do with anything, I haven't said a word to him since his Assist Trophy meltdown a few weeks back.

When you relentlessly hound everyone about random character X or Geno, one starts to wonder if they can even say anything fun about their character before Burb swoops in.
Dood, for the third time: go back and read the entire conversation.

All I did was respond to his claim that DeviantArt proves Geno is still as popular as he was pre-Brawl. I didn't attack anybody. It was already ongoing before I responded.

I really don't get how you still think inserting yourself into these arguments helps matters at all. You're part of the problem whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Every single time you've done this, it only makes things worse.

Again: If you're this bothered by me saying stuff like this, put me on ignore. I'm no likelier to stop telling people that a character has no chance this time than I was any of the past 500 times you've lectured me on how mean and insensitive it is. I don't care.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
( ˘ ³˘)‏

(some weird site used this emote in an email lmao)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Infinity's run ballots before, though. Generally they were only given out through email surveys and open ended Facebook posts, but they were definitely around. It's why Merida, Stitch, and Aladdin were in 2.0, as well as why Olaf and Mulan are here now. So they've actually been doing it since before Smash Bros. :p This one's just more advertised, haha.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anyway does anybody would like to see Hades as Dlc as unlikely as that would be?

Who wouldn't?

I mean, seriously! Have you seen the roster in this game? An overweight plumber with a mushroom addiction (seriously, Mario, dear, lose the 'stache - it went out of style years ago), an ape with a tie, some sort of...blue bubblegum thing with wings? Seriously, who let the walking Halloween mask in? Oh, can't forget about ol' Pitty-Pat - and dearly departed Pittoo too! Oh my, I wonder how he managed to worm his way into this little shindig?

Oh, it's fiiiine! Hold the tears, dear friends, and spare my your sorrowful tones - Uncle Hades will be around soon enough to really get this party started! I'm already flexing my rippling muscles in anticipation of the carnage to come - I've even showered just for you fine folk! Aren't you the lucky human refuse?

Remember, kids: support Hades or I'll burn your house down! So long, and have a magnificently diabolical day~!

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Err.....buddy?

While people are defending you because your character choice is being "attacked" by people telling you they have no chance, you probably shouldn't be going and crapping on someone else's most wanted character.

It's completely hypocritical. Luigi wasn't even talking to you.
Did I say he has no chance? Nope but I just don't find those 3 reasons good

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's a good question.

So....

1980s: Balloon Fight, Mysterious Muramase Castle, Excite Bike
1990s: Panel de Pon, Pilotwings, Custom Robo
2010s: Splatoon, The Wonderful 101, Codename S.T.E.A.M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom