• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I just picked up a Pac-Man Amiibo at my local Target. He was the last one there so I thought I scored big.
Then I walked over to the GameStop in the same plaza to find that they had five of them...
I haven't seen Pac-Man at all so far.....

I'm still hoping to find Ness though, and that elusive mythical Amiibo called Rosalina and Luma..... :T

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Carnage appeared in the cartoons and I think the comics didn't get R ratings
The cartoons censored him heavily. (Seriously a lot of the original cartoon censored a lot of things if you research (which is why I haven't watched it.)

And the comics can tip toe around things like that, unlike live action.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Said like a true water type. :p
The cast DOES have a Rock and Fire Type...
Honestly, Thing looks like ****, Reed isn't a nerdy guy, and although I have no problems with it, Human Torch being black could turn purists off.

Also, Screw Amazing Spiderman for giving Peter a Smartphone, Peter's supposed to be poor, yet he has a smartphone, something I can't afford Q.Q

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Carnage is a godawful villain anyway.

I saw this as a major Vemon fanboy. All of his offsprings are crap.

Also, who thinks Fant4stic will flop? I do!
It's gonna flop on general because FF never sell and no one ever cares about them. They all care about Dr. Doom which would be incredible in the MCU with Loki and Thanos

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fantastic Four is scheduled for release on August 7, 2015 in North America. A sequel is scheduled to be released on June 9, 2017.
What the **** this is worse than Inafune
The cartoons censored him heavily. (Seriously a lot of the original cartoon censored a lot of things if you research (which is why I haven't watched it.)

And the comics can tip toe around things like that, unlike live action.
I know Carnage is a scary ass ************, but he's honestly my favourite Spidey villain. Personally I wouldn't mind it being 16+ or if they made Carnage similar to his Shattered Dimensions counterpart, in which he didn't even talk, just killed. Kinda like Ridley

Chrono.

Hi guys. Can someone catch me up to speed at what has gone in the last 30 pages?
I went away for one day and I am completely lost with this thread :p
  • 2nd SEGA rep discussion
  • Dragon Quest XI being considered for the NX
  • Darkwing Duck vs Mabel Pines
Thats about it
Fantastic Four is scheduled for release on August 7, 2015 in North America. A sequel is scheduled to be released on June 9, 2017.
What the **** this is worse than Inafune
To be fair this is how they've been handling all the MCU so far.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Carnage is more interesting than Venom honestly.

Venom is boringly one note. Eddie Brock is all about revenge and how life treated him like **** and like lol how cliche can you be as a villain.

Or he's either something nobody asked for in Mac Gargan/Scorpion! Venom.

Venom didn't get interesting till Flash Thompson got the suit. Fight me about it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
i am a Geno fan and i am suprised how there is more posts in devinart about "Geno smash" (608 result) than "king k. rool smash" (525 result) when i searched he still have a huge fanbase to this day and he is already bigger than king k. Rool there but i found this masterpiece while searching
You're still the only person I've ever seen claim that Geno is as popular as ever within the Smash community.

DeviantArt isn't even a valid source, anyway. Search results on DA aren't an accurate way to judge this sort of thing, and I'll explain why.
  • The results for "Geno Smash" wouldn't be 100% SSB4-related. Results from Brawl and earlier games will show up. The same goes for K. Rool.
  • Results do not equal individuals. It's not "608 SSB4 Geno fans vs 525 SSB4 K. Rool fans", it's "608 submissions involving Geno in any Smash game vs 525 submissions involving K. Rool in any Smash game". What this means is, multiple submissions by the same person are counted individually. A good chunk of the submissions on both sides may be by the same couple of users.
We have actual data collected from various Smash-centered forums and sites that prove that K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer for SSB4. Geno, on the other hand, does not perform very well. Not only does he usually lose to Paper Mario (meaning he's not even the most popular character request from his own series of origin), but also routinely gets lower percentages than the likes of Shrek and Goku, two infamous troll characters.

Even another Geno supporter in the "Stupid character suggestions" thread acknowledged that his popularity is not quite on the level it used to be. I constantly see him brought up alongside Krystal as an example of a character who's popularity plummeted in between Brawl and SSB4.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You're still the only person I've ever seen claim that Geno is as popular as ever within the Smash community.

DeviantArt isn't even a valid source, anyway. Search results on DA aren't an accurate way to judge this sort of thing, and I'll explain why.
  • The results for "Geno Smash" wouldn't be 100% SSB4-related. Results from Brawl and earlier games will show up. The same goes for K. Rool.
  • Results do not equal individuals. It's not "608 SSB4 Geno fans vs 525 SSB4 K. Rool fans", it's "608 submissions involving Geno in any Smash game vs 525 submissions involving K. Rool in any Smash game". What this means is, multiple submissions by the same person are counted individually. A good chunk of the submissions on both sides may be by the same couple of users.
We have actual data collected from various Smash-centered forums and sites that prove that K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer for SSB4. Geno, on the other hand, does not perform very well. Not only does he usually lose to Paper Mario (meaning he's not even the most popular character request from his own series of origin), but also routinely gets lower percentages than the likes of Shrek and Goku, two infamous troll characters.

Even another Geno supporter in the "Stupid character suggestions" thread acknowledged that his popularity is not quite on the level it used to be. I constantly see him brought up alongside Krystal as an example of a character who's popularity plummeted in between Brawl and SSB4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Burb...

Do you do this in real life...

Just let a conversation drop for once.

This is ludicrous.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb...

Do you do this in real life...

Just let a conversation drop for once.

This is ludicrous.
What are you even talking about? This is the first reply I've made to this guy in this specific conversation.

Do you jump into conversations you know nothing about in real life? This is ludicrous.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Every Amiibo that isn't :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4diddy::4kirby::4pikachu::4zelda::4pacman::4sonic:&:4yoshi: is rare
I think it's more so:

Common::4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4sonic:
Semi-Common::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4pacman:
Uncommon::4wario::4kirby::4megaman:
~$20-25 Rare::4charizard::4samus::4fox:
~$25-30 Rare::4myfriends::4metaknight::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4pit::rosalina::4ness:
~$30-35 Rare::4falcon::4marth::4littlemac::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4villager:
~$35+ Rare::4shulk::4lucario::4palutena:
Import Tier: :4ganondorf::4drmario::4darkpit:
Pricy Import Tier: :4bowserjr::4olimar::4zss:

Will probably have to revise this later as Amazon now shares listings for imports, which is much cheaper at this point Palutena has skyrocketed in the past day literally, while Shulk and Lucario lack any notable restock.

Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Rosalina and Ness have all had decent restocks.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Serious question, does @ Burb Burb talk about anything that isn't just an argument about Smash reps?

Just asking

The pokemon nerd in my thought "Brandon got a sex change?"
I just remembered about the Deadpool movie. I feel ashamed for forgetting. Any other superheroes you guys want to see movies of?
Flash and Nova. And also a Heroes for Hire movie (can't wait for the Netflix show)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What are you even talking about? This is the first reply I've made to this guy in this specific conversation.

Do you jump into conversations you know nothing about in real life? This is ludicrous.
Yeah, but it's not the first time you've egged the same guy on by having to tell him ''GIVE IT UP. GENO WON'T HAPPEN! GIVE IT UP!"

Seriously. The gimmick of hardcore bust balls about something so stupid as liking an unpopular character version of Burb has gotten old.

Especially when he's shown he's intelligent, wise and can discuss so much more than this.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

No you keep pestering the same guy about Geno.

He just talks about a character.

You always shut him down.

Always.

Like even when he's just having fun.

And you do this with other characters too. You did it for Anna not too long ago and all Blue was saying was that he was happy Sakurai knew Anna existed.

Just relax bud, you don't have to strike down the hopes and dreams of everyone every chance you get.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Serious question, does @ Burb Burb talk about anything that isn't just an argument about Smash reps?

Just asking

Flash and Nova. And also a Heroes for Hire movie (can't wait for the Netflix show)
The Flash TV show seems to be doing well, Nova's getting more recognition from the newest tTV show with Spidey, don't know Heroes for Hire

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah, but it's not the first time you've egged the same guy on by having to tell him ''GIVE IT UP. GENO WON'T HAPPEN! GIVE IT UP!"
How did I egg this guy on here?

Did you even read anything before my response? He was replying to Naoshi. All I did was refute a claim he made.

Always.

And you do this with other characters too. You did it for Anna not too long ago.

Just relax bud, let him have some fun.
No I don't.

I didn't pester him at all in this instance. I responded to a claim he made in a post directed to a different user. My last post involving him before this? I agreed with him that Geno was likelier than Mallow.

The last time we argued before this? It was over me saying Geno was a stupid request in a topic asking users what requests they think are stupid. It was literally the entire point of the topic.

You're making assumptions.

Maybe actually read crap before you take action.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How did I egg this guy on here?

Did you even read anything before my response? He was replying to Naoshi. All I did was refute a claim he made.
Which you make a point of doing any time someone dares to support a character you deem to have no chance.

Like is said it just brings everyone down dude. Especially when you can easily let it go like the rest of us try to do, but you don't..

Which is problematic, when you can be great for discussion otherwise.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys what's going on in this thre--

Aw hell naw.
You get back here.

Burb it's not that we don't mind analysis and thoughtful replies, but sometimes, its best just to let people have fun.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Last edited:

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Well the claim he made was that geno support in smash was more popular than K Rool at DA which is certainly not so wrong.

What you probably read was that geno is as popular as him. Now the one ommiting stuff just to throw repeated claims at people is none other than you burb.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think it's more so:

Common::4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4sonic::4peach::4yoshi:

Rare::4dk::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4pacman::4megaman::4kirby::4charizard::4samus::4fox::4wario::4myfriends::4metaknight::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4pit::rosalina::4ness::4falcon::4marth::4littlemac::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4villager::4shulk::4lucario::4palutena::4darkpit:
Over seas Tier: :4ganondorf::4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar::4zss:

Will probably have to revise this later as Amazon now shares listings for imports, which is much cheaper at this point Palutena has skyrocketed in the past day literally, while Shulk and Lucario lack any notable restock.

Fixed for accuracy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Flash TV show seems to be doing well, Nova's getting more recognition from the newest tTV show with Spidey, don't know Heroes for Hire
Heroes for Hire is getting a show on Netflix like Daredevil. It's a team with Luke Cage, his wife and Iron Fist. Nice and fun comic about street level heroes.

I think it's more so:

Common::4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4sonic:
Semi-Common::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4pacman:
Uncommon::4wario::4kirby::4megaman:
~$20-25 Rare::4charizard::4samus::4fox:
~$25-30 Rare::4myfriends::4metaknight::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4pit::rosalina::4ness:
~$30-35 Rare::4falcon::4marth::4littlemac::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4villager:
~$35+ Rare::4shulk::4lucario::4palutena:
Import Tier: :4ganondorf::4drmario::4darkpit:
Pricy Import Tier: :4bowserjr::4olimar::4zss:

You're implying Wii Fit Trainer is less rarer than Mac

Always.

And you do this with other characters too. You did it for Anna not too long ago and all Blue was saying was that he was happy Sakurai knew Anna existed.

Just relax bud, you don't have to strike down the hopes and dreams of everyone every chance you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom