• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Which you make a point of doing any time someone dares to support a character you deem to have no chance.

Oh, and again, all I did here was say that DeviantArt isn't an accurate source. This was already ongoing before I said anything. You can read old posts, y'know?

Like is said it just brings everyone down dude. Especially when you can easily let it go like the rest of us try to do, but you don't..
And you always get involved in stuff like this.

Maybe you could just put me on ignore or something instead of contributing to the "problem"? :x Telling me "UR GONNA HURT PPLZ FEELINGS THO" a thousand times only exasperates the situation and elongates the conflict.

Which is problematic, when you can be great for discussion otherwise.
Thanks, I think you're a pretty cool guy when you're not patronizing people.

Burb it's not that we don't mind analysis and thoughtful replies, but sometimes, its best just to let people have fun.
I don't see anything fun about posting false information.

Maybe I was a bit harsh over the Anna thing, but I don't see how I did anything wrong with the Geno post. DeviantArt search results don't prove that Geno is as popular as he once was. I instigated nothing here, that was all an assumption on your part and Roger's as well.

I know you guys have this issue with me saying certain characters have no chance (though it's kinda funny it's suddenly a problem with people besides Kenith and Roger after I start dropping Anna's name), but inserting yourself into an argument and making statements based off nothing but assumptions is pretty bad, too. Just sayin'....

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
@ Burb Burb has just as much right to voice his opinion on a character that's already been brought up as the guy who brings the character up has.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When am I patronizing people though? Why are you deflecting on me right now?

And Kenith and I have argued about RE in the past, sure, but I think we both understand there's a respect between the two of us and that I don't mind if he supports Leon, Jill, Nemeis, or whatever. (I also still happen to love that series and he knows that.)

When you relentlessly hound everyone about random character X or Geno, one starts to wonder if they can even say anything fun about their character before Burb swoops in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's more so:

Common::4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4sonic:
Semi-Common::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4pacman:
Uncommon::4wario::4kirby::4megaman:
~$20-25 Rare::4charizard::4samus::4fox:
~$25-30 Rare::4myfriends::4metaknight::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4pit::rosalina::4ness:
~$30-35 Rare::4falcon::4marth::4littlemac::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4villager:
~$35+ Rare::4shulk::4lucario::4palutena:
Import Tier: :4ganondorf::4drmario::4darkpit:
Pricy Import Tier: :4bowserjr::4olimar::4zss:

Will probably have to revise this later as Amazon now shares listings for imports, which is much cheaper at this point Palutena has skyrocketed in the past day literally, while Shulk and Lucario lack any notable restock.

Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Rosalina and Ness have all had decent restocks.
Wasn't Lucario's CISPA updated though? That usually means a restock is happening.

And I'd definitely move Dedede up a tier. I've seen him between $30 and $40 AFTER the "restock" happened.

This also reminds me that I should buy Mega Man off Amazon before he gets any rarer. He's still basically MSRP there. Don't want him to be like Samus is now...[regret for not getting her earlier intensifies].

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
@ Burb Burb has just as much right to voice his opinion on a character that's already been brought up as the guy who brings the character up has.
I agree, no one is saying Burb should censor or change his opinions.

Rather not always feel the need to constantly tell someone ''You should just stop while you're ahead" in so many words as he often does.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ Burb Burb -Bart
@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman -Lisa

You guys already made the leaks thread locked once before a month or 2 before it retired.

How about you two drop it

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
@ Burb Burb is not doing anything wrong at all. You guys all jump on **** too, don't act like you are all heroes, including mods too. You keep saying to drop things yet you all still tag on it. It's really hypocritical. Burb is fine, I think everyone needs to just stop thinking everything's a personal attack.

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Everyone also has the right to voice their opinion againist his opinion, but anyway is not like he is going to read them either way when he got like half of smashboards users on ignore.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Everyone also has the right to voice their opinion againist his opinion, but anyway is not like he is going to read them either way when he got like half of smashboards users on ignore.
Me?

The only person I know of who I have on ignore is KenithTheGatherer, and it was only after he put me on ignore (And I only did it because there's no point in me seeing posts by a person I can't respond to).

Also, that one Quimby guy from the Leaks group.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't consider myself arguing with Burb right now.

In the past? Hell yeah. I blindly hated his guts and would freely admit it now.

But not now. I actually respect the guy and I view this as me being as nice as I can be about it?

I don't know? Tough love? ****.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That ******'s ugly as ****. Who does he think he is, molesting people with tentacle hair like that? Only I can do tha-I MEAN NECALLI'S UGLY AMIRIGHT
Ryuga, quick question.

Are you an alien?

Soul Consuming Darkness?

Bison has a run for his money.

He better win, I don't like the new guy.
Akuma is just gonna kill both of them anyway.

$25 vs. ~$30 I'm not implying, I'm telling. :p
The holy trinity died months ago anyway. :4marth::4villager::4wiifit:

Not really making it more accurate if you're making it more general. :troll:
Until I can find me a WFT that isn't $30+ and hard to find then, she's as bad as Falcon and Mac. But not as bad as Shulk

****ing GameStop

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still need to buy Pac Man.

I sort of crapped out on amiibo buying because of how rare everyone is now.

It's like walking into a steakhouse and every steak is bleeding red.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think it's more so:

Common::4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4sonic:
Semi-Common::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4pacman:
Uncommon::4wario::4kirby::4megaman:
~$20-25 Rare::4charizard::4samus::4fox:
~$25-30 Rare::4myfriends::4metaknight::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4pit::rosalina::4ness:
~$30-35 Rare::4falcon::4marth::4littlemac::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4villager:
~$35+ Rare::4shulk::4lucario::4palutena:
Import Tier: :4ganondorf::4drmario::4darkpit:
Pricy Import Tier: :4bowserjr::4olimar::4zss:

Will probably have to revise this later as Amazon now shares listings for imports, which is much cheaper at this point Palutena has skyrocketed in the past day literally, while Shulk and Lucario lack any notable restock.

Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Rosalina and Ness have all had decent restocks.
I swear for a moment I thought this was a competitive tier list and I just thought, "Whoah, when did Mario get so high?"

The funny / sad thing is I could see half of this being a realistic tier list.

Wasn't Lucario's CISPA updated though? That usually means a restock is happening.

And I'd definitely move Dedede up a tier. I've seen him between $30 and $40 AFTER the "restock" happened.

This also reminds me that I should buy Mega Man off Amazon before he gets any rarer. He's still basically MSRP there. Don't want him to be like Samus is now...[regret for not getting her earlier intensifies].
And here I am with a brother who casually browses local online toy stores and finds Meta Knight and Palutena.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
State your reasons or I will turn you to ashes.
Okay
  • Multiple games, all well recieved; Sticker Star sold well too iirc
  • Very well loved by gamers new and old
  • Getting a new game soon. Most likely gonna have a brand new game on NX too.
  • Most voted Mario character
  • Frequently top 5 on polls
  • Only real argument is that there's already enough Mario's and Mario characters

Soul.

Because **** you Greninja best pokemon.
I dunno
feelings shattered
brb cri
Can't have a thread without a little bit of drama I suppose....

And I'm here trying to talk about Amiibo with some guys here..... :T
Yeah I mean, like, is every leak, character support and speculation thread like this? Arguments? Drama? I understand the fact that people... well, do whatever it takes to support their character but why bother doing **** like this? It's not going to get people anywhere lol.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I agree, no one is saying Burb should censor or change his opinions.

Rather not always feel the need to constantly tell someone ''You should just stop while you're ahead" in so many words as he often does.
I don't think I've ever seen him get personal or vindictive over anything. He's pretty respectful and bases his opinions on what is at most times pretty sound logic.

He's not really hurting anyone. It's made 1000 times worse by everyone else interjecting and TURNING it personal by attacking @ Burb Burb for his opinion. It's completely hypocritical.

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Me?

The only person I know of who I have on ignore is KenithTheGatherer, and it was only after he put me on ignore (And I only did it because there's no point in me seeing posts by a person I can't respond to).

Also, that one Quimby guy from the Leaks group.
Really? then sorry I got the wrong idea.

Anyway does anybody would like to see Hades as Dlc as unlikely as that would be?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And Kenith and I have argued about RE in the past, sure, but I think we both understand there's a respect between the two of us and that I don't mind if he supports Leon, Jill, Nemesis, or whatever. (I also still happen to love that series and he knows that.)
(...I actually did not know that. Now I do. :))
But indeed, Roger has only voiced criticism to Resident Evil characters in Smash when I deliberately promoted that conversation. Not just from talking about the games here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom