• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

It's not the same without Guile and his theme.
It goes with everything, remembe—oh. Memes.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's weird to hear that people were that excited over Mega Man. Having grown up in a continent where Mega Man wasn't that big of a deal (I hadn't even heard of him prior to playing Marvel vs Capcom 1), I don't think I'll ever quite fully understand it. I'd be under the assumption that he was going to be announced for the next Smash for some time too, so his reveal was "oh so he really is in, that's pretty cool".

He must be the anti-Rayman. Rayman is (or at least was) a huge deal here in Europe but doesn't appear to be as big over in the states.

wtf do you guys actually scream during smash reveals? geez i dont even do such... *remembers the mewtwo dlc reveal*... a thing...

oh... erm... >.>
I might let out an "OH cool" or a "Holy ****" every now and then to my brother as we watch these things together but I couldn't see myself screaming.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I didn't even think about SFV.. we totally have to be getting a trailer with like one or two new characters during E3.

****, Guilty Gear has Johnny and that newcomer "Jack-O". Maybe we'll get some footage of them/a third DLC character from that group (I think people were saying there are 3 spots on the character select so we should be expecting a third GG character announced soon)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So did I miss anything last night?

Anyone want to come over to the E3 countdown thread? I don't wanna double post but I also wanna post this when the time is right

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Quest 64 confirmed for Virtual Console.

...I can dream. :urg:
I would be down on that! I never finished that game because I had to return it to Blockbuster (90s kids know what it is... RIP). I'd download it just to finish it when my 15yo self didn't.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why is this a thing...

Most of the one's I saw were just terrible puns on famous movie titles. (Ex. Driving Miss Daisy, The King's Peach, Snow White and the DuckHunts Men)

Like, c'mon Twitter. You are capable of doing much better than....THAT
This is true but then it's twitter....

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Since everyone else was giving their most wanted characters pre-E3 2013, I'll give mine too, keeping to realistic standards.

I had a very clear top 5:
1. Dixie Kong
2. K. Rool
3. Duck Hunt Dog
4. Pac-Man

5. Prince Fluff

6. Rayman
7. Bowser Jr/Waluigi, I didn't mind which one but I wanted one of them.
8. Skull Kid
9. Balloon Fighter
10. Count Bleck

3/10 ain't the best. Especially as I lost my #1 and #2 favorites from Brawl (Wolf and Ivysaur).

It somewhat changed a little during speculation, like for example Greninja actually became quite a big want of mine while playing X. At least as far as a new Pokemon went. And I've somewhat come to think of Shulk as a character that I never knew that I wanted because I'd never even heard of him prior to Sm4sh (and also hadn't played his game until it came out on 3DS). You'll also probably notice that Banjo isn't listed there, because I never thought of him as a seriously plausible choice prior to Spencer's tweet.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I did pretty okay. Here was my Pre-E3 2013 Top 12:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool

3. Shulk
4. Palutena

5. Isaac
6. Villager (I called him "Animal Crosser" before his reveal).
7. Mewtwo

8. Paper Mario
9. Andy
10. Alexandra Roivas (I clinged on to hope for an Eternal Darkness sequel).
11. Victini
12. Ghirahim

I only had to experience the direct deconfirmation disappointment of two of them..
I did pretty awesome, actually. My Pre-E3 2013 Smash Newcomer Top Ten:

1.) Megaman
2.) Ridley
3.) Little Mac
4.) Shulk
5.) Palutena
6.) Villager

7.) Takamaru
8.) Isaac

9.) Lucina
10.) Classic Ganon (although I sometimes put K. Rool in here to support his fan base and because any new heavy weight villain would be fun.)

I was also a big fan of most of the newcomers that weren't on my list once I saw them in action. This is especially true of Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and Robin.

I'm not actually too concerned with who we get as DLC since the base game was so good to me. I just want to make sure we get Lucas (check) and Wolf (soon, hopefully) back and after that it's all bonus. Isaac would be super bonus, though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
After reading a lot of Kamiya's recent tweets, I'm changing my stance on the whole Wonderful 101 sequel thing.

Still don't think it's happening since the first game bombed so badly, but I'm no longer labeling it an impossibility, and would not be surprised now if it IS the Platinum Games announcement.
If W101 does get a sequel, I can almost guarantee that we will see a Mii Brawler costume for Wonder Red to help promote the game.

I'm sure that'll upset some of the regulars here, but I'd honestly be cool with it.

It's weird to hear that people were that excited over Mega Man. Having grown up in a continent where Mega Man wasn't that big of a deal (I hadn't even heard of him prior to playing Marvel vs Capcom 1), I don't think I'll ever quite fully understand it. I'd be under the assumption that he was going to be announced for the next Smash for some time too, so his reveal was "oh so he really is in, that's pretty cool".

He must be the anti-Rayman. Rayman is (or at least was) a huge deal here in Europe but doesn't appear to be as big over in the states.

I might let out an "OH cool" or a "Holy ****" every now and then to my brother as we watch these things together but I couldn't see myself screaming.
The NES wasn't as big of a success in Europe (SEGA Master System was actually very well received there) as it was in the Americas and Japan, and Megaman's best known for his NES games.

If you go back to the 8-bit days, Megaman was a bigger deal on the console than any Nintendo game that wasn't Mario or (arguably) Zelda.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97
Pffth. I bought 4. :3

Actually just one.

This is a very MasterofMonster thing to post, lol.

1.) Megaman
2.) Ridley
3.) Little Mac
4.) Shulk
5.) Palutena
6.) Villager

7.) Takamaru
8.) Isaac

9.) Lucina
10.) Classic Ganon (although I sometimes put K. Rool in here to support his fan base and because any new heavy weight villain would be fun.)

I was also a big fan of most of the newcomers that weren't on my list once I saw them in action. This is especially true of Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., and Robin.

I'm not actually too concerned with who we get as DLC since the base game was so good to me. I just want to make sure we get Lucas (check) and Wolf (soon, hopefully) back and after that it's all bonus. Isaac would be super bonus, though.
I did pretty well too, actually. My most wanted overall list (decided after the first reveal trailer):

1. Ike
  2. Lucina
  3. Shulk
  4. Palutena
  5. Lucas
  6. Isaac
  7. Zero Suit Samus
  8. Sheik
  9. Little Mac
  10. Roy
Bowser Jr. was one I didn't know that I wanted but enjoy a lot, along with Wii Fit Trainer and Mega Man. Pit, Game & Watch, Ness and Falco are some of my favorites, too, but I've always felt them to be shoo-ins. I would love Squirtle to return as DLC, but with Lucas confirmed and Roy all but confirmed, the only character I didn't get was Isaac. I guess I just got really lucky.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

1.) Megaman
2.) Ridley
3.) Little Mac
4.) Shulk
5.) Palutena
6.) Villager

7.) Takamaru
8.) Isaac

9.) Lucina

I couldn't find my old list but I did find the old Straw grasping thread. Let's see if we can find any gems.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If W101 does get a sequel, I can almost guarantee that we will see a Mii Brawler costume for Wonder Red to help promote the game.

I'm sure that'll upset some of the regulars here, but I'd honestly be cool with it.

The NES wasn't as big of a success in Europe (SEGA Master System was actually very well received there) as it was in the Americas and Japan, and Megaman's best known for his NES games.

If you go back to the 8-bit days, Megaman was a bigger deal on the console than any Nintendo game that wasn't Mario or (arguably) Zelda.
Granted I wasn't alive in the NES era, but my two older brothers were, and they were in the same boat as me. They had a NES, and had 15-20 or so games on it but nothing of Mega Man. We had a SNES, we didn't have any Mega Man on that either.

I remember when playing MvC1 wondering why he was playable and not Arthur (or Lou <3)!!

A lot of people act like Mega Man is as big as Sonic, who is a household name. It's just weird to me as my experiences as a gamer differ from that view greatly.

Don't get me wrong here though, I've since played and enjoyed many a Megaman game and am relatively pleased he's in Smash (especially as Ryu is also seemingly on his way).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Who placed their bets on a Sonic crossover reveal for today?
...no one?

New Famitsu column to translate?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Pre-E3 2013 Character ( With Comeback )

1) Sonic : Yes that sound stupid , but i was afraid that he was a one-shot for brawl . I was so happy when he came back .

2) Pac-Man : He was directly in my mind for the Namco rep when i head that Namco helped for the Dev .

3) Roy : My melee and Project M Main , i needed him to comeback , maybe his time to shine will come soon .

4) Mega-Man/Zero ZX : That was completly a fan-dream and it come true ...

5) MEWTWO : Missed him in brawl .

6) Wonder Red : Guy , we need him , he's so cool !

7) Impa : I wanted another Zelda rep , and Impa was the only one i can think about .

8) Isaac : I wanted him since Brawl time . He's the only AT to completly disapear , he's Missing In Action ... Isaac where are youu ~ ?

9) Dixie Kong : I just like the character .

10)Lucina : Because Waifu and stuff ...

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What are your top 10s for DLC characters?
Not sure if you're talking about most likely or most wanted, but I'll do most wanted.
Discounting veterans (because they would dominate my list for sure) and keeping to choices who I feel stand a hope in hell (soz Bomberman) I'd have to say:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Dixie Kong
3. King K. Rool
4. Prince Fluff
5. Rayman
6. Spyro The Dragon
7. Captain Toad
8. Tetra
9. Inkling
10. Slippy/Krystal/Leon (I'd love a new SF character, and am not fussed out of which they'd pick).

All that Kid Icarus bias and he doesn't even like playing as them.

RUSERIOUSSAKURAI.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
What are your top 10s for DLC characters?
Hmm, well...
  1. Lucas
  2. Roy
  3. Isaac
  4. Wolf
  5. Takamaru
  6. Captain Toad
  7. Tetra OR Impa
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Bandanna Dee
  10. King K. Rool
  11. Inklings
I couldn't list only 10. :p These aren't necessarily my favorites, but I think would balance out the roster well. Otherwise, I would piss everyone off by adding more Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus characters such as Chrom or Viridi.

I mean that makes sense. It's funny to see him defensive about things like this, like he was regarding the clone characters. I empathize completely, though, because I'm sure I would be super frustrated too. You give it your all and everyone accuses you of nonsense.

Also, @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 , I definitely just noticed that one of Lucas's alts is likely a Duster alt. At first I was thinking Kumatora, but I don't think so because he has brown hair:

(Right to Left)
Claus, Lucas, Boney, Orange and Blue?, Duster, save frog, Masked Man, Red Lucas?
I'm sure you already picked up on this. I will miss the green and brown one. :/

Who placed their bets on a Sonic crossover reveal for today?
...no one?

New Famitsu column to translate?
As long as it's not Hyrule Warriors, I'm ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom