• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You guys are terrible for making fun of sexy ol' me like that. You shall regret it when I'm not too lazy to make you regret it.

Btw. In Smash Tour, Dixie Kong is something you can use, as in, her trophy, right? Does that mean that, since she has a role already, she'd be unlikely for DLC? Since many believes that characters with roles won't become playable, I am curious if that should stop Dixie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My wanted DLCs excluding Roy, Ryu or Lucas:
  • Wolf
  • Snake
  • Ice Climbers (reeeeeeally doubt this one tho)
  • Isaac
  • ahem, "Seven" I'm also ok with Melia or Elma but those two are serious pipe dreams moreso than Seven who is wishful thinking enough as it is
  • Dixie Kong
  • Wonder Red
  • Neku Sakuraba or Bravely Default character (pipe dream)
  • Bayonetta (pipe dream)
  • a Rhythm Heaven character
  • Rayman cause why not
  • Bandana Dee how do I keep forgetting him lawd
  • Isa Jo too maybe

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You guys are terrible for making fun of sexy ol' me like that. You shall regret it when I'm not too lazy to make you regret it.

Btw. In Smash Tour, Dixie Kong is something you can use, as in, her trophy, right? Does that mean that, since she has a role already, she'd be unlikely for DLC? Since many believes that characters with roles won't become playable, I am curious if that should stop Dixie.
Do you know what effect it has? I've literally only touched Smash Tour once.

Honestly if they want, they could just replace it with something else. Even then, she'd get a fighter trophy anyways, so they wouldn't really have to do anything.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Top 10 for dlc (No Ryu, Roy, or Lucas)

10.Pichu
9.Wonder Red
8.Andy
7.Marshal
6.Wolf
5.Shantae
4.Dixie
3.Inkling
2.Tetra
1.Bandanna Dee

D

Deleted member

My top 10 character pre-release:
  1. Ridley
  2. Wonder-Red
  3. Zoroark
  4. Mega Man
  5. [input non-disconfirmed Zelda character here]
  6. Kalos Pkmn Trainer
  7. Robin
  8. K. Rool
  9. Villager(referred as "that AC guy" by me before its announcement)
  10. Rosalina
DLC want list:
  1. Wonder-Red
  2. Wonder-Red
  3. Wonder-Red
  4. Wonder-Red
  5. Wonder-Red

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So what new develpments have I missed?

Just that Angry Birds/Sonic thing?

Or is there more?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So if you guys had to pick one completely random and obscure 3rd Party character, who'd it be?

That really isn't an in game role at all.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My Most Wanted Newcomers tended to fluctuate from time to time, but it was generally like this: (Note: I didn't really have a clear list of most wanteds until after E3 2013, so Mega Man isn't on it, but I can assure you I really wanted him)

1. Ridley
2. K. Rool

3. Little Mac
4. Pac-Man (with his Pac-Man World Design)
5. Bowser Jr. (I wanted him with the Paintbrush, but I loved the Clown Car idea they went with more)

6. Zelda Newcomer (Skull Kid or Pig Ganon or Ghirahim or Tingle)
7. Rhythm Wrestler
8. Porky Minch in his Earthbound/MOTHER 2 Spider Mech

I'd say I made out pretty well, especially with the Fighter Ballot greatly boosting K. Rool's chances as a DLC fighter.

D

Deleted member

So if you guys had to pick one completely random and obscure 3rd Party character, who'd it be?

That really isn't an in game role at all.
Because if no one plays Smash Tour, it technically doesn't exist

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pre-E3 2013:

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Palutena
3. Mewtwo
4. Andy/Sami
5. Neku
6. Little Mac
7. K. Rool

4/7 is pretty great, especially considering Neku is not an option and I never considered Andy/Sami as realistic options.

DLC wishlist:

• Wolf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Andy or Sami
  • DK character
  • Chorus Kids
  • Neku (impossible)
  • Black Shadow
  • Bomberman
  • Layton
  • Inkling

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Given I was a late joiner in speculation, I didn't have a most wanted newcomer list, as my top wanted were Mewtwo and Snake.

DLC wishlist:

-Sylux
-Snake
-Wonder Red
-King K. Rool

That's it, really.

D

Deleted member

Smash Tour can go **** itself.
Those stupid challenges.
And it annoys me more that it has that incredibly fun stock mode at the end of it.
And the fact you can play Pyrosphere and Wily's castle with stage bosses.
11/10 would pay to have that as a separate mode.
Real talk tho, who even plays Coin mode?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Do you know what effect it has? I've literally only touched Smash Tour once.

Honestly if they want, they could just replace it with something else. Even then, she'd get a fighter trophy anyways, so they wouldn't really have to do anything.
I do not remember, sorry. I suppose it should not stop her, but people do say that characters with any role will probably be excluded. :s

Soul.

Okay so let me be clear when I say I don't like speculation.
I like reading arguments and stuff though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I do not remember, sorry. I suppose it should not stop her, but people do say that characters with any role will probably be excluded. :s
If she were a stage hazard or something, that argument would have some precedence. But her Smash Tour role is so small that I don't think it matters.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Because if no one plays Smash Tour, it technically doesn't exist
It isn't a role though...
Dixie's Smash Tour role uses her trophy. Mewtwo's new trophies don't overwrite or remove his old one, so Dixie's wouldn't either. Whether or not Smash Tour is considered an in-game role doesn't really matter when there's no actual overlap. That's just semantics.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So wait, Rayman was essentially Europe's Megaman? No wonder I couldn't understand how people kept claiming that he's "obscure", "unpopular" and "not iconic enough" despite that I remember him being a very big deal during the N64/PS1 days.....

Anyway doing top 10 wanted characters?

I guess my list would probably be this in no particular order.
* Professor Layton
* Anna
* Ganon
* Tetra
* Toon Zelda
* Lip
* Lyndis
* King K Rool
* Rayman
* Zoroark

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
king k rool gonna be confirmed

i betcha :yeahboi:

Also, who remembers that supposed "leak" about a Nintendo rep "confirming" a big Kremling will be a boss in Smash Run? haha

if only...

Last edited:

Chrono.

DLC Wishlist
  • Wolf
  • Dixie
  • Tails
  • Ray01
Possibly more I can't remember atm. They're pretty much all pipe-dreams sans Dixie maybe.

Soul.

lol, I remember when people asked for Zoroark.
No Gen 5 characters, no STAB Dark Pulse i cri

domokl

Smash Lord
Mario maker just keeps getting better and better! Man I have a feeling this is gonna be one of the biggest e3s there's been in a while. all of the companies are gonna be pulling out their big guns.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What was released about Mario Maker?

D'OH LOOK UP ROGER.

READ ROGER. READ.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Guys. I realized something.
The fact that you can transfer Tetra and The King from Hyrule Warriors 3DS to the Wii U version has some implications on the future of DLC, especially in Mario Kart 8.

Allow me to explain.

This is the roster for Hyrule Warriors without any paid DLC.

image.jpg

NOTE: This picture may not have any of the paid DLC Warriors, but it does have the three villains on the right column that were added as a free update a few weeks after the game's release.

As you can see, there is a clear space for DLC characters. They would fit in that column with the three Free Update Villains, which they did.

image.jpg

Once the Majora's Mask DLC Pack was released, people assumed there would be no more DLC Warriors (there was Ganon, but that was in a seperate mode). If any more characters were added, they wouldn't have a place to go on the CSS. If they were on the left, the roster would be asymmetrical, which would look odd. If they were on the right, not only would they be asymmetrical, but they would cover the characters' big renders.

But alas, here we are. Tetra and The King of Hyrule will be added to the game, and somehow put on that very roster.

It seems as though Hyrule Warriors' roster was made with the 4 DLC Packs in mind, but they decided to add more characters and make a 3DS port when the game, and its DLC Packs, were a hit.

I'd say it's not too :083: to say the same may happen to Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

Mario Maker my bois. If Bowser Jr was made into the NES version, then I have no doubt that we can use the Tanooki Suit in SMW and SMB levels now.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Guys. I realized something.
The fact that you can transfer Tetra and The King from Hyrule Warriors 3DS to the Wii U version has some implications on the future of DLC, especially in Mario Kart 8.

Allow me to explain.

This is the roster for Hyrule Warriors without any paid DLC.

View attachment 56074
NOTE: This picture may not have any of the paid DLC Warriors, but it does have the three villains on the right column that were added as a free update a few weeks after the game's release.

As you can see, there is a clear space for DLC characters. They would fit in that column with the three Free Update Villains, which they did.

View attachment 56075

Once the Majora's Mask DLC Pack was released, people assumed there would be no more DLC Warriors (there was Ganon, but that was in a seperate mode). If any more characters were added, they wouldn't have a place to go on the CSS. If they were on the left, the roster would be asymmetrical, which would look odd. If they were on the right, not only would they be asymmetrical, but they would cover the characters' big renders.

But alas, here we are. Tetra and The King of Hyrule will be added to the game, and somehow put on that very roster.

It seems as though Hyrule Warriors' roster was made with the 4 DLC Packs in mind, but they decided to add more characters and make a 3DS port when the game, and its DLC Packs, were a hit.

I'd say it's not too :083: to say the same may happen to Mario Kart 8.
If they make the rows not offset in the current Hyrule Warriors setup, there's room for two more characters to fit in. ;)

That said, I still expect a second round of Hyrule Warriors DLC, possibly with the current one being Wii U exclusive (minus Tingle), and the new one maybe 3DS exclusive. Or, maybe you can transfer between if you have both versions along with the base game characters.

I don't think that necessarily means Mario Kart 8 will get extra DLC though.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
My most-wanted list from the beginning was pretty much this (although Gematsu was what initially made me consider RH, despite having been a fan of the series for a while):

Paper Mario
Pac-Man
Any second MOTHER character
Two new Pokémon (or at least one I enjoyed playing, sadly Greninja wasn't)
Rhythm Heaven rep

1 in the base game, 1 DLC; now I'm only hoping that I get Paper Mario or at least one lightweight Pokémon, vet or otherwise, to fill the void left by Squirtle/Ivysaur/Pichu. RH would be a nice bonus, but it's always been at the bottom of my real wish list.

Of course, more Mario representation might be nice as well; Waluigi or Toad would be great, and I wouldn't be opposed to a Koopa Troopa either (though I'm not sure how it would distinguish itself from Squirtle's moveset for the most part).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's what I think, yeah. Just curious to see what others thought of it.

@ TheAnvil TheAnvil
But she is a Boss.

--

Bowser Jr, Clown Kart, and Spiny Hat confirmed for Mario Maker!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/23558...aker-pin-set-tease-new-game-elements#comments
Oh! Wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo pulled a Mega Man 9 and made a new Mario game with the same sprites as the original Super Mario Bros... with NES versions of Bowser Jr., Koopa Clown Car, Rosalina, etc.?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Way forward just released the Shantae Half Genie hero E3 Demo to Kickstarter backers!

I know what I'm gonna be doing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
lol, I remember when people asked for Zoroark.
No Gen 5 characters, no STAB Dark Pulse i cri
I don't believe the majority of my top 10 have much of a chance of making it in really. I have a smaller top 5 now but as a top 10 I just squeezed in a few older wanted but still would like to see charac.....
Oh gosh, I completely forgot about Mallo! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom